[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Just hit 60 and sitting on 26k DPS without any flask buffs. Really loving this but my gear so far is pretty "MEH" Lots of room for upgrades, which is good.
Spoiler

Just wondering how do people deal with mana issues. I only have 136 and each totem costs 35 to drop. My mana regen is a laughable 9.6 so it takes me around 7.25 seconds just to regen back the mana from dropping 2 totems. For leveling I havent seen any problems unless Im in a large outdoor zone and Im moving around a lot. Once I really get going with Shield Charge I can drop them fast enough where I will run out of mana.

If you don't want to run a mana pot in the interim, I would suggest trying to complete the normal lab as soon as possible if you haven't, and as the guide suggests taking the War Bringer ascendancy passive under Berserker ASAP. This turns your Enduring Cry into a free health and mana potion. You can spam it roughly every 2 seconds after that, and it gives you these benefits:

+ 100% increased Warcry Duration
+ Recover 25% of Life and Mana when you use a Warcry
+ 100% increased Warcry Cooldown Recovery Speed

This is an absolute must-have and you can spam it after laying down both totems if you have to. It's a huge help in maps with restrictive or no mana regen modifiers as well. After I got this, I stopped running life and/or mana flasks and went straight to defensive/offensive flasks.

One little thing to keep in mind is that Enduring cry does taunt enemies within its radius, so be careful when "spamming" it, you might attract unwanted attention :) FORTUNATELY this is rarely a concern because the DPS you can achieve with this build kills everything pretty damn fast as long as you keep your totems in sight.
Last edited by sczk on Sep 21, 2016, 2:48:29 PM
The build is only 3 points away from unwavering stance, don't you think its not worth taking it?
IGN: LadyAlistra
Yea I was going to head for the 40% damage node first. Im fixing to do Cruel Laby will pick it up after that.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Sep 21, 2016, 3:08:58 PM
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:
The build is only 3 points away from unwavering stance, don't you think its not worth taking it?

Interesting thought, I missed that one. We do take "Iron Reflexes" which converts all Evasion to Armour. If you were to take Unwavering Stance, it sets Evasion to 0 so you effectively lose that bonus and could probably get rid of it.

EDIT: I was calculating evasion wrong. Post below tests with/without IR. I can confirm it makes a big difference.
Last edited by sczk on Sep 21, 2016, 3:28:38 PM

Without IR, my armour was only 30 percent; with IR, and same gear, it goes to 41 percent. IR is worth it :)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Sep 22, 2016, 10:20:53 AM
"
Oxygenjunkie wrote:

i did it for a long time but took it out for other notes because the "stun" isnt a problem for this build, i mean most in times u take "unvawering stance" so monster cant interrupt you in ur "casts" but we just run behind our totems (wich we cast in a sec). its not realy needed
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Sep 21, 2016, 3:33:56 PM
"
sczk wrote:
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hi ! Thanks for the build but I have a question..

I'm leveling right now with a 6 link ancestral warchief + facebreaker(693%), and... I have only 600 dps.. I thought I would have had much more. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks !

I took a look at your character profile. Remember that you get most of your DPS from gear with "# - # Added Physical Damage" to your attacks after Facebreakers multiplies it. Currently, none of your gear has this affix, so that explains the lower numbers.

I know you're only leveling, and looks like you are lv 31 so you dont need to spend much money on gear right now, but you should purchase a Meginord's Girdle for the 5-15 added phys damage. (goes for ~1c in ESC on poe.trade and you will use it in the end-game too). I would also recommend looking for rings/amulets that have the "# - # Added Physical Damage" stat. Ideally in the end game, you want this stat on almost every piece of gear you have, other than your facebreakers and boots of course. Once you get end-game you should look at purchasing cheap steel rings that have double added physical damage affixes, and crafting whatever else you need onto them.

Once you get that added phys dmg stat up, your dps will start to grow significantly after you begin to stack % increased damage/phys damage/melee phys dmg skills/jewels/auras/etc.

Thanks a lot for the explanation ! Indeed, it worked great (I have 4000+ dps now :) )

Also I would recommend to use this item when leveling up :

It allows you to have 1 more totem without the need to get "Ancestral Bond" :)

I'm enjoying the build now !!

GL HF ! (sorry for my bad english)
Last edited by Shinro28 on Sep 21, 2016, 4:25:01 PM
Someone has to explain me how can he/she have 5,5k life at level 75. I only have 3,3k !!

I invite you to see my char named "Uzau" and inform me what i am missing:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vesamet/characters

Thank you in advance !

For the bandits is it save oak, save oak, kill all??
PN :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info