[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

For me biggest mistake in this guide is use Tukohama shield. I had one, played some period with it and tested it. And conclusions are it's bad for maping and very bad for bosses too. For maps biggest issue is if you move too far from Warchief totem he will stop doing dps. This single fact removes all gains you potentially get from 3th totem. It simply not work. At certain dps lvl stuff dies one-shot-style, and trying cast 3th totem is simply waste of time. On bosses huge slam or other aoe will kill all 3 totems at once and again: you will ramp up your dps 33% slower, even maybe that 33% is too much to keep 3 totems live all time on many hard boss events. So 3th totem is massive burden, it's like inventing square wheel when you can use round one. Guardians fights are all about totem recasts, and Tukohama is awful here. This shield should cost like 20c and be marked "noob and beginner-trap item only" bad dps, no auras, no attack speed for fast shied charge map clearing. No added flat phys. Simply VERY BAD item.

So bros get real dps shield, don't be fooled by stupidly high price IT'S NOT WORTH at all.
Last edited by Elua on Aug 27, 2017, 12:55:59 PM
"
Elua wrote:
For me biggest mistake in this guide is use Tukohama shield. I had one, played some period with it and tested it. And conclusions are it's bad for maping and very bad for bosses too. For maps biggest issue is if you move too far from Warchief totem he will stop doing dps. This single fact removes all gains you potentially get from 3th totem. It simply not work. At certain dps lvl stuff dies one-shot-style, and trying cast 3th totem is simply waste of time. On bosses huge slam or other aoe will kill all 3 totems at once and again: you will ramp up your dps 33% slower, even maybe that 33% is too much to keep 3 totems live all time on many hard boss events. So 3th totem is massive burden, it's like inventing square wheel when you can use round one. Guardians fights are all about totem recasts, and Tukohama is awful here. This shield should cost like 20c and be marked "noob and beginner-trap item only" bad dps, no auras, no attack speed for fast shied charge map clearing. No added flat phys. Simply VERY BAD item.

So bros get real dps shield, don't be fooled by stupidly high price IT'S NOT WORTH at all.

Yup. OP seems to be a Path of Building DPS junkie. That can be super useful, but only if you temper your results with reality. Yeah, Tukohama's Fortress gives you higher theoretical DPS, but it's extremely impractical for the reasons you stated. At any moment that all 3 of your totems aren't attacking, you're just running the low budget build without auras. There's just no way it's worth it.

I feel the same about his obsession with Abyssus. I'm convinced he's never even tried taking it off because he's so invested in his numbers (he got pretty nasty to me when I made a case for switching to Deidbellow). Like, yes, Abyssus boosts DPS by around 30%, but if I already kill most things in seconds, that doesn't really matter compared to a boost in move/attack speed that makes shield charge get me across the map faster. Abyssus also makes you play very cautiously, which for me anyway slows down my clearspeed by like 50%. Obviously the occasional 1 shots don't help either if you're trying to get to level 90.

This is a cool build with a lot of good ideas, but man does it take some tweaking to get it to a place where it works in the game rather than just in Path of Building.

Edit: I don't think Tukohama's Fortress is a universally bad item though, for what it's worth. It's extremely bad for AW totems, but for a flame totem build or something that takes blood magic anyway it would be incredible. Don't write off the item completely, putting it in this build is just sticking a round peg in a square hole.
Last edited by Green9090 on Aug 27, 2017, 3:00:29 PM
Here's my opinion (2 cents) with Path of Building with Tukohama/Great old one:

1) DPS is about the same....with 800% facebreakers+abyssus it's just +1/-1 totem.
2) If you don't consider flask dps (especially with long guardian fights)...Tukohama edges out.
3) Being out of range of the totems is more common than we think even with 2 or 3 totems. Just recast, not a big deal, it's part of not dying to be honest.
4) We can critique all we want to the OP. If you felt like it, post a build for yourself in the forums to share with the players to gain traction. Otherwise it'll be buried here in this thread.
5) Abyssus is nice, but I played without it in Essence league and had good rings amulet back then...it's all about personal preference.

example essence league setup:

Last edited by Molochmane on Aug 27, 2017, 9:16:36 PM
I think we should consider Abyssus the low-budget damage option. I think ideally, you'd replace it with a helm that has the warchief totem damage enchant, and 2 steel rings. Until you can afford all that, it's a good alternative for damage.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
I think we should consider Abyssus the low-budget damage option. I think ideally, you'd replace it with a helm that has the warchief totem damage enchant, and 2 steel rings. Until you can afford all that, it's a good alternative for damage.

Huh? It's not like you can't get a warchief enchant on Abyssus. Abyssus is just bad unless you're doing something with massive hp like Guardians/Shaper.
"
bridgeburner wrote:

This is great. I specifically came to this thread to ask about Abyssus. I just got mine last night, At level 72. I had 32k DPS without is and 64k DPS with it. Obviously a huge boost, but I was one-shotting everything before and Abyssus made me feel WAY more squishy.

I feel that the Deidbellow helm is a much better alternative. It still puts me from 32k -> 42k DPS (47k if I do a warcry), but does not provide the insane downside of an Abyssus. I am with other people in this thread - Abyssus is only good in situations where the monster have a huge amount of HP, and would likely one shot you with or without Abyssus.
Am I delusional if I attempt shaper/guardians currently? Sitting at 5.4k life. I got absolutely steamrolled in the Overgrown Ruin boss room granted it was corrupted mods. Not sure if abyssus was the issue or not, but it really made me reconsider respeccing into chieftain.
"
Elua wrote:

Yo - I'll take the shield off your hands then, whenever you may be ready to sell it! :)
"
Green9090 wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:

Huh? It's not like you can't get a warchief enchant on Abyssus. Abyssus is just bad unless you're doing something with massive hp like Guardians/Shaper.

I wasn't suggesting you couldn't. Just that you should replace it with a helm that has it to offset the loss of damage. I just recently dropped Abyssus for a Armour/Evasion base (the easiest way to get the same high armour roll) and 2 steel rings. Definitely feeling safer now.
I built this from a BOR setup initially, used as a lab farmer for the challenge. I've killed Shaper before on ele buzzsaw, never killed Uber. Tried shaper earlier in the league and failed, think I might be able to get him now. Tried Uber last night and also ripped that set. On my Buzzsaw guy, who actually got shaper down, my problems with uber were surviving Trio and getting popped in the Atziri fight randomly. I got Duo and Trio down deathless with the totem build, then died 5x on Atziri herself. Even with Vaal Haste, Vaal Lightning Trap, 3x totems, and Lion's Roar up, I couldn't push the split phases fast enough before dying. Made it through two (dying 1-2x on each one) and died on the last split.

Not sure what's left gear wise other than my jewelry. I also felt the same way re: the Tukohama shield as the conversation earlier in the thread, the dps seemed to be the same as 2x totem with Auras. If anyone can take a peek at my tree too, I'd appreciate it, char is gib_Fisticuffs. Started crafting steel rings and hit on a couple I'll link below, not sure what to do with them craft-wise from here.

Funny thing with the FBs, I bought the pair I'm wearing like 3 hours into the league for an exalt shard and some gumballs, used them until a day or two ago. Leveled another char as FB Shield charge, realized that the leveling pair I bought were like 780s and I'm wearing 750s. Took mine off to put them in the stash and vaal'd them for the heck of it...

Steel Rings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info