[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

^ I'm interested to find out too, as I'm on the verge of buying a Tukohama's.
I could use some help if anyone wouldn't mind. This is basically my first character ever - I've never played long enough to get to maps. I'm familiar with the genre, but PoE has added levels of complexity that is difficult to grasp when starting out.

Right now I feel pretty squishy and I'd like to know what would be my best course of action for upgrading items. My flasks aren't great, so any tips on what flasks I should be looking for would be great as well. I don't have a ton of currency right now, but don't mind farming to get the currency I need to purchase the items I need.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FunkaliciousFrk/characters
"
Quixote77 wrote:
^ I'm interested to find out too, as I'm on the verge of buying a Tukohama's.

Just made the decision, Tukohama's is not a dps upgrade. It may be for other totem builds but def not AW non crit.

With taste of hate, atziris promise, and lion's roar popped, Hatred, Herald of ash, 2 totems with old ones great ward = 249k DPS per totem.

With Taste of hate, Atziris promise, and lion's roar popped, 3 totems with tukohamas = 162k DPS.

Gem links are as follows:

AW - Damage on full life - ruthless - added fire - melee phys - conc effect.

I sold my atziri's step for a solid pair of high life resist boots, and grabbed a pretty sweet steel ring.

My gear is as follows:
"
zazey wrote:
"
Ok I need some help here guys.

POB shows max dps with AW/Melee Phys Damage/Added Fire/Ruthless/Damage full life/Conc Effect.

Faster attacks tanks my dps in EVERY case in POB and shuffling around maim and brutality is useless.

Did you find another setup that can max out higher? I really don't wanna try to roll 5 red/ 1 blue on my belly, that shits hard.

Edit: The dps with brutality is lower even when you use the "high budget" blood magic version, so no elemental damage with auras.

So I've been playing around with it. I've been testing with the High Budget build since I've managed to obtain a tukohama's.
The best setup is indeed AM/Melee Phys / Added Fire / Rutheless / Dmg on Full Life / Conc effect.
At no point in either setup is faster attacks better, unless we start stacking some serious attack speed on the tree which isn't really an option.

I am virtually at a point where I think that tukohama's is a downgrade over Great Old One's. And here's why:

From a survivability perspective, we lose about 500-800 life on the top end, and around 5% phys reduction.

Going endurance charges is effectively pointless, we can grab some more totem nodes / or even grab endurance charges between level 95-100 if you want but realistically you should never rely on them.

From a damage perspective, In virtually GGG gear through PoB and even just the gear I have on now (character sheet - TheBrokenPact) I lose anywhere from 30-120k dps with tukohama's. This is with -30k dps at current gear, and roughly -120k dps with GGG jewelry, jewels, perfect rolled gear as well, and 40% AW enchant on abyssus.

So I'll reiterate again, if someone can put down the math of why tukohama's is a DPS upgrade I would love to see it, otherwise I am selling this shield asap.

A few things:
Tukohamas enables a bigger healthpool with less investment, combined with our scaling warcry regen that is pretty significant. It also enables bloodmagic which is mostly for convenience and saves us one gem slot in our enduring cry setup.

With our enduring cry spam we can also reliably build up endurance charges, and they help ALOT. They let us go more aggressive on items without having to worry about the resistances that much, of course if you assume really high end gear with a bunch of tier 1 rolls that will cost in the area of 100ex yeah you don't need the res from the charges that much but still. The endurance charges are also mainly for the phys reduction, this is still an uberlab farm build at it's core.

Last edited by mickygotbigballs on Aug 9, 2017, 11:59:00 AM
well dont know.. i have both shields.. w so i put on the olds one instead of the tukohama.
without flasks i have 105k dps per totem with tukohama and 116 k dps with the olds one per totem.. so i cant see why the hell the old ones gives better damage oO
Last edited by gangwars90 on Aug 9, 2017, 12:16:00 PM
"
"
zazey wrote:
"
Ok I need some help here guys.

POB shows max dps with AW/Melee Phys Damage/Added Fire/Ruthless/Damage full life/Conc Effect.

Faster attacks tanks my dps in EVERY case in POB and shuffling around maim and brutality is useless.

Did you find another setup that can max out higher? I really don't wanna try to roll 5 red/ 1 blue on my belly, that shits hard.

Edit: The dps with brutality is lower even when you use the "high budget" blood magic version, so no elemental damage with auras.

So I've been playing around with it. I've been testing with the High Budget build since I've managed to obtain a tukohama's.
The best setup is indeed AM/Melee Phys / Added Fire / Rutheless / Dmg on Full Life / Conc effect.
At no point in either setup is faster attacks better, unless we start stacking some serious attack speed on the tree which isn't really an option.

I am virtually at a point where I think that tukohama's is a downgrade over Great Old One's. And here's why:

From a survivability perspective, we lose about 500-800 life on the top end, and around 5% phys reduction.

Going endurance charges is effectively pointless, we can grab some more totem nodes / or even grab endurance charges between level 95-100 if you want but realistically you should never rely on them.

From a damage perspective, In virtually GGG gear through PoB and even just the gear I have on now (character sheet - TheBrokenPact) I lose anywhere from 30-120k dps with tukohama's. This is with -30k dps at current gear, and roughly -120k dps with GGG jewelry, jewels, perfect rolled gear as well, and 40% AW enchant on abyssus.

So I'll reiterate again, if someone can put down the math of why tukohama's is a DPS upgrade I would love to see it, otherwise I am selling this shield asap.

A few things:
Tukohamas enables a bigger healthpool with less investment, combined with our scaling warcry regen that is pretty significant. It also enables bloodmagic which is mostly for convenience and saves us one gem slot in our enduring cry setup.

With our enduring cry spam we can also reliably build up endurance charges, and they help ALOT. They let us go more aggressive on items without having to worry about the resistances that much, of course if you assume really high end gear with a bunch of tier 1 rolls that will cost in the area of 100ex yeah you don't need the res from the charges that much but still. The endurance charges are also mainly for the phys reduction, this is still an uberlab farm build at it's core.

I get most of that, but I stand by the fact that it is virtually pointless. tukohamas adds roughly 600-800 life (I had a +99 life roll). If you are lacking on resists then you drop damage in the jewels, or you run rare boots(you won't even notice the difference with boots). Endurance charges only help players who are getting hit by A LOT of things. If you're getting hit by a lot of things as a totem build then you are doing it wrong. To justify dropping 8 points to get ~10 % phys reduction is outlandish. We also aren't really *scaling* regen and there is no point to. Every 2 seconds you gain 25% of your max hp, as well as having a health pot if necessary. You should virtually be at full health 90% of the time without ANY endurance charges. You will gain a much bigger impact dropping 8 points and going for the totem nodes by Blood magic, and some resist nodes if need be than you would dropping 8 points on endurance charges and then getting GGG phys rings. If you can already afford solid steel rings you should be looking for resits on them anyway.

I can 100% with confidence say that I clear uber lab with old one's much faster than tukohamas (relative by your definition of fast). With a change of a shield and only the shield I went from 7-10 second uber izaro's to literally 2-3 second uber izaro's. I went from 5.9k life to 5.4k life and I ate a 2h mace slam today with 0 endurance charges up and still didnt die. In fact the lab go virtually safer because he literlly only has time to do 1 ability.

If you are going to use this build for other sources I would say the 600 life/endurance charges are virtually useless there as well.

When it comes to Uber Atizir the goal is to kill them so fast you dont have to see the abilities, as there aren't many builds in the game that can survive them. On vaals no matter how many endurance charges we have, and even if we have 7k life we are going to get 1 shot by slam, or demolished by lasers/ball lightning if we take more than 1-2 ticks of them. I would rather just kill the boss in under 5 seconds then spend 20 seconds having to dodge. Same with trio, best defense is good offense.

For shaper, we aren't going to tank anything no matter what gear we have. Beam will still obliterate you in 2 seconds, same with pools and slam, so either shield/endurance charges or no charges you NEED to dodge. If your DPS is too low you'll run out of platform space. I tried this with tukohamas and literally almost ran out of space 5 out of 5 times. The instant I switched to great old ones I did the entire final phase in like 40 seconds.
Last edited by zazey on Aug 9, 2017, 1:59:35 PM
can you kill uber atziri with it, guys?
"
DonZaloog1 wrote:
can you kill uber atziri with it, guys?

Yes, hardestpart is vaal if you dont kill one before first down phase you may have some issues with totems not being able to stay alive long enough.
What's the best gem to take off before getting a 6L? Currently on a 5L totem setup and can't decide on what's best to take out.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't notice this was in the FAQ, my bad.
Last edited by dbush2765 on Aug 9, 2017, 2:41:14 PM
Last edited by Lazarus507 on Aug 10, 2017, 12:12:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info