Channeling Skills

Has there been any talk of including channeling movement skills? I think this would be particularly useful for movement abilities like Cyclone and Whirling blades.

EDIT: corrected my implication that NO channeling abilities exist.
Last edited by leminlime on Jun 30, 2016, 5:31:44 PM
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2016, 6:56:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lightning Tendrils
Flameblast
Incinerate
Wither

All would like to say hi.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Oct 28, 2016, 7:11:31 AM
"
Lightning Tendrils
Flameblast
Incinerate

Lol touche. I suppose they have been implemented other places - what about channeled movement abilities though?
You cannot move, or do anything else while channeling, so Channeled move skills is kinda pointless.

Just need more movement speed.
"
Lightning Tendrils
Flameblast
Incinerate
Wither

*Fixed that for ya. =D

I would appreciate having more of them in the game, but they are hard to balance because you have to make them strong enough to justify being a stationary target, but not so OP that they overshadow all other skills. *coughEarthquakecough*
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Rafein wrote:
You cannot move, or do anything else while channeling, so Channeled move skills is kinda pointless.

Actually, in the case of Cyclone, it makes perfect sense that it should be a channeled skill, because it's so unintuitive in its current form. Most ARPGs with a similar spin-to-win skill are channeled, and that's what players expect/are used to. The fact that it's not that way in PoE feels a lot more that it has to do with implementation limitations from the game's early life than actual design decisions.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Actually, in the case of Cyclone, it makes perfect sense that it should be a channeled skill, because it's so unintuitive in its current form. Most ARPGs with a similar spin-to-win skill are channeled, and that's what players expect/are used to. The fact that it's not that way in PoE feels a lot more that it has to do with implementation limitations from the game's early life than actual design decisions.

This is what I'm getting at. I feel like movement abilities would feel a lot smoother as channeled abilities (obviously not teleport skills).
Channeled Cyclone would be a big QoL IMO as well. Since it can't multistrike as well its already suitable for channel-style attacks anyway.

Plus could let us just spin in place which is oftentimes the problem with cyclone in tight corridors.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
It would make sense to make phase run channelled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info