skill tree question-avatar of "ice?"

is there no equivalent to the "avatar of fire?" like an avatar of ice? because so far i was not able to find it (might be far away from where i am through...)

and if there is none- i skilled as much as i can in ice damage and lightening- would it be wise for me to take the avatar of fire- because i'm wondering if my ice damage gets fully converted into fire damage, or only the damage of the gem+weapon

thanks for helping
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 8:57:32 PM
There is no Avatar of Ice, no. Nor is there a Lightning one, for that matter.

Avatar of Fire will convert 50% of all of your non-fire damage into fire damage. The other 50% does nothing.

Do you have an example character (tree, gear) that I can look at for reference? Based on your description, Avatar of Fire is probably not worth it for you, but I can confirm if you can provide more detail.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Avatar of Fire is the only one that can exist because of the conversion order (Physical > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos). It's impossible to convert fire damage to cold or lightning, for example. You could have an Avatar of Chaos, I suppose, but it would be very hard to balance.

Avatar of Fire will convert all sources of damage (except damage over time), but remember that it only converts 50% and the rest is lost entirely as it prevents you from dealing non-fire damage. It is almost exclusively used with something that converts the other 50% (e.g. the Cold to Fire gem), so you don't lose damage.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
thanks for the help
and now this skill does not pay for me- i'm already a frost and lightening walker and well on my way to heart of thunder and heart of ice - i was just thinking if it wuld make any sort of sense for me to go there but no it doesnt because i have no fire skills
so thanks for helping with that decision
"
viperesque wrote:
Avatar of Fire is the only one that can exist because of the conversion order (Physical > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos). It's impossible to convert fire damage to cold or lightning, for example. You could have an Avatar of Chaos, I suppose, but it would be very hard to balance.

Avatar of Fire will convert all sources of damage (except damage over time), but remember that it only converts 50% and the rest is lost entirely as it prevents you from dealing non-fire damage. It is almost exclusively used with something that converts the other 50% (e.g. the Cold to Fire gem), so you don't lose damage.
I think the fact that fire isn't the last element in conversion chain shows exactly the opposite - that there could have been ice/lightning versions. Ultimately, you can make 0-damage AoF character with damage base being full-fire even now, if you have 2 legacy CD and the Mantle.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
viperesque wrote:

Would it really be that hard to balance, though? Just make it 25% conversion and then the only way to not have a damage nerf (in a league) is to also run infernal mantle and consuming dark x 2. That sounds pretty balanced to me, especially with VMS nerfed.
"
silumit wrote:
I think the fact that fire isn't the last element in conversion chain shows exactly the opposite - that there could have been ice/lightning versions. Ultimately, you can make 0-damage AoF character with damage base being full-fire even now, if you have 2 legacy CD and the Mantle.

Avatar of Lightning can only be "convert Physical to Lightning, deal no non-Lightning Damage", which sucks a whole lot for a Keystone Passive.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
silumit wrote:

Avatar of Lightning can only be "convert Physical to Lightning, deal no non-Lightning Damage", which sucks a whole lot for a Keystone Passive.

That sounds to me like it awesomes a whole lot. Phys to lightning + avatar of lightning = 100% lightning for any phys skill.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
No Hatred, no Added Fire, nothing that grants Chaos Damage, Oro's deals literally no Damage, every Cold/Fire Conversion Skill is entirely useless, it only works for Physical Spells and nothing else... It's incredibly limited. A Keystone that does precisely two things, namely PTL and 50% Phys-to-Lightning Skills, sucks.
I guess you're right. It's still pretty build-enabling though. So probably it would make a better unique than a keystone.

Although I think avatar of fire suffers from the same sort of issues. For physical conversion, you basically need a phys-fire skill already, or use blackgleam quiver. For converting cold or lightning you are force to use pyre or cold-fire. I think it's also a bit too specific to be a really good keystone.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 30, 2016, 9:01:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info