key rep disabled in 2.3?

normally keyboard keys repeat, at a certain rate and after a certain delay, settable in your computer setup controls.

I can currently set up 9 remote bladefall mines (in three sets of three), and if I hit the detonate key at the wrong time (too quickly possibly) I can actually hold the key down forever, with 9 mines showing active, and the detonate icon up showing that they are ready to detonate, without ever detonating them!

This is a recent development that occurred with the 2.3 patch. I noticed at that time that the detonate key had been reset to 'spacebar' the first time I logged in after the patch; that was not done by me.

As I set mines, there are three groups of three to be set (I have minefield and passives to get to nine), so there are three settings of three mines each. Each setting has its own delays. If I hit the 'detonate' key at the wrong time either only 3 go off (that's OK) but sometimes none go off even though the delay for the first three has expired. None will go off, even if I hold the detonate key down. It is locked until I press the detonate key again.

Upon reflection, the key ought to repeat! If it is repeating as it should, I should not have to release and re-press the key.

Did you guys remove the key repeat from the detonate key?? I can see where this might be appropriate for other casting or attacking keys, but there is no reason to have the detonate key not repeating. After all if, when setting three sets of mines, I have to assess when each becomes active and try not to press it (and therefore lock it up) while a second or third set is in delay, that is nearly impossible and really clunky, and spamming the detonate key manually is nearly as bad.

HELP please.
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 8:54:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hey there, thanks for making such a detailed post. I've passed your feedback along for review!
Thank you Hartlin_GGG.

Of course they are welcome to play my character and see what I mean. It is softcore, so I do not care about dying...

If it plays good for them, then I will admit a local problem concurrent with the update to 2.3. As it is this character is pretty much unplayable now in high maps.

It is (or has been) a good strong build and I do not want to respec into another character and start over if that is not needed.

thanks
"
c_dificil wrote:
Of course they are welcome to play my character and see what I mean. It is softcore, so I do not care about dying...
They copy characters for testing lol, they don't use a players character file.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I now see this is really easy to duplicate for review.

I have a 6 link with bladefall-poison-remote mine-minefield-trap and mine damage-concentrated effect.

If you press and hold the detonate key (no mines are set yet) and then set the mines, the mines will never go off uless you release and repress the detonate key.

This is very reproducible, every time.

If the key repeats, this would not happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info