deadeye + tornado shot

So I was wondering how tornado shot works with powerful precision and Far shot.

Specific questions are as follows:

For powerful precision, do the projectiles return to the original striking point of the tornado shot or do they actually come back to "you"? Does the pierce chance for the secondary projectiles from tornado shot get calculated based on their distance from the tornado shot explosion or from the player? Does the pierce chance go back up as the projectiles "return"?

For Far shot, is the damage calculation based on distance from the tornado shots initial striking point or from the player?

Also, bonus question... For the purposes of Powerful precision, is pierce chance(and therefore crit chance) capped at 100% or is it possible to go higher? If I have the pierce support and a bunch of pierce nodes from the passive tree and am already at 100%, does the "projectiles have 100% additional chance to pierce" bring me up to 200% for the purposes of crit increase?
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 7:52:33 AM
"
Blizzisme wrote:
So I was wondering how tornado shot works with powerful precision and Far shot.

Specific questions are as follows:

For powerful precision, do the projectiles return to the original striking point of the tornado shot or do they actually come back to "you"? Does the pierce chance for the secondary projectiles from tornado shot get calculated based on their distance from the tornado shot explosion or from the player? Does the pierce chance go back up as the projectiles "return"?

For Far shot, is the damage calculation based on distance from the tornado shots initial striking point or from the player?

Also, bonus question... For the purposes of Powerful precision, is pierce chance(and therefore crit chance) capped at 100% or is it possible to go higher? If I have the pierce support and a bunch of pierce nodes from the passive tree and am already at 100%, does the "projectiles have 100% additional chance to pierce" bring me up to 200% for the purposes of crit increase?

Not sure about the returning projectiles, but.

For the purposes of both Far Shot and Powerful Precision, the secondary arrows are considered to be continuations of the original. So they will start with bonus damage from Far Shot and less than 100% pierce/crit chance from Powerful Precision (assuming you fired the arrow more than 10 units away, as that is the distance at which PP's bonus starts dropping off).

Pierce chance is indeed capped at 100%, and thus the crit bonus is too. However, additional pierce chance from the tree, gear or gems will delay the dropoff, making the arrows retain their 100% crit chance bonus over a larger distance, and providing a higher bonus at any distance afterwards.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Not sure about the returning projectiles, but.

For the purposes of both Far Shot and Powerful Precision, the secondary arrows are considered to be continuations of the original. So they will start with bonus damage from Far Shot and less than 100% pierce/crit chance from Powerful Precision (assuming you fired the arrow more than 10 units away, as that is the distance at which PP's bonus starts dropping off).

Pierce chance is indeed capped at 100%, and thus the crit bonus is too. However, additional pierce chance from the tree, gear or gems will delay the dropoff, making the arrows retain their 100% crit chance bonus over a larger distance, and providing a higher bonus at any distance afterwards.

Thanks muchly, Sus... So now I need to find out about the returning projectiles.
So the returning projectiles questions are:
Do the projectiles return to you or to the original striking point of tornado shot?
Does the pierce chance start to go up again as they come back towards the origin?
If not, does the damage from Far shot continue to go up(to the cap) as they return to the origin?
If so, does that mean that Far Shot's damage bonus goes down as it returns?
"
suszterpatt wrote:

I was trying to find the answer re: TS and returning arrows and found a reddit thread talking about the tora crafted mod for it. They were saying that TS+return causes them to come back to the original striking point. They were saying that the tora crafted mod causes the arrows to return back to their point of origin and with TS it travels to a specific point and then a new set of projectiles are created with that point as their origin, so the return goes back to that point.

If these are new projectiles created with a new origin, does that mean that the new projectiles inherit the properties of the original projectile(s)? And if so, why do they return to their origin rather than the original projectile's origin?
I'm currently playing a TS build utilising Powerful Precision, and projectiles are returning to me, not to the explosion point. Or at least that is certainly what it looks and feels like (and I am using it to my advantage to hit mobs behind me). Can confirm for you after work.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
I'm currently playing a TS build utilising Powerful Precision, and projectiles are returning to me, not to the explosion point. Or at least that is certainly what it looks and feels like (and I am using it to my advantage to hit mobs behind me). Can confirm for you after work.

If that is the case, that is awesome...
And that means that it is based on their proximity to you, not to the original TS striking point.
Do the proximity based damages scale the other way as the projectile comes back to you (i.e. pierce goes down as it moves farther away, and then moves up as it comes back... and then maybe goes down again if it goes past you the other way)? Or do they actually count the distance travelled?
How would this work if you put chain in there?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Video evidence

"
Blizzisme wrote:
If that is the case, that is awesome...
And that means that it is based on their proximity to you, not to the original TS striking point.
Do the proximity based damages scale the other way as the projectile comes back to you (i.e. pierce goes down as it moves farther away, and then moves up as it comes back... and then maybe goes down again if it goes past you the other way)? Or do they actually count the distance travelled?

Pretty sure it's travel distance, but not absolutely.

"
How would this work if you put chain in there?

Wolf

Pierces first, chains if it doesn't, returns when it's finished chaining.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jun 30, 2016, 6:16:03 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
Pretty sure it's travel distance, but not absolutely.

It's supposedly travel time, and distance is calculated through projectile speed (most likely not true for skills that do not fire an actual projectile, like RoA or Blast rain). Based on that, we can be fairly sure it doesn't go backwards at any point, that would be kinda complicated.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info