[2.3] 2MIL DPS (4MIL in theory) JUGGERNAUT New Era of COC DISCHARGE (Uber Atziri/ Core Deathless)

Hey Exiles,

This is Rayamn. Today Im gonna bring you a New Era of CoC Discharger build. Compared with other discharge builds, this one not only got THE BEST DPS but also has A FAIRLY TANKY DEFENSE. The main/core uniques are relatively cheap so it COULD BE BUDGET BUILD as well. Still, it got potential to be a nice MIN-MAXED BUILD.

Now that the intro is over, let's get into the fun stuff shall we?

BUILD HIGHLIGHT

+ 5.5~6k life
+ At least have 10 (up to 12) Endurance charges (40% element res/ 40% phys dmg reduction)
+ At least 1000~1200 life gain per Discharge (Note that it is per discharge but not per sec)
+ Constantly max Endurance charges on
+ Long Duration Immortal Call
+ 17~20% life regen (Immunity to any dot damage)
+ High Movement Speed (24% on tree)
+ 100% Immunity to Chill/ Freeze/ Temporal Chain
+ 80% fire resistance
+ 40% increased flask charge gain

+ At least 4 aps cyclone with 1.5aps base dagger (w/o any buff)
+ 100% chance to hit
+ At least 65% dagger crit chance with 8.3 crit base dagger (w/o Power Charges, Jewels)
+ Discharge always consumes at least 10 Endurance charges (Steady High DMG)
+ Elemental Equilibirum
+ Can sustain both Righteous Fire and Blood Rage (w/o Flasks, Rise of Phoenix, Saffel Frame)
+ Highest DPS compare with all other CoC Discharge

This Build VS CI CoC Discharge

From the Offensive side, this build has Better Proc Rate, Better Discharge DMG (bcz of RF), which means this build is definitely dealing higher DPS than CI CoC Discharge.

From the Defensive side, this build only has 6k life vs CI 10k es, but this build has constantly 10~12 endurance charges (constantly 40~48% phys reduction and long duration immortal call), and also 17~20% life regen, not to mention you can always use life potions. So if we talk about the "Effective Life", I wouldnt say this build is less than CI Discharge.

The BIG Downside of this build is that it doesnt have the ability to tank as big one-shot-elemental-damage as CI can. Turns out CI CoC could facetank Uber Atziri's small flameblasts, but this build cannot (Instead, you have to self-dodge/ use decoy totem).

The Significant Upside of this build is there's literally no risk to facetank physical-damage-type-boss (like Core Malachai, Uber Trio) because you have 10~12 endurance charges and very long duration immortal call which CI Discharge doesnt have. With 17~20% life regen, you can be immune to any DOT (Trap/Burning ground in uber lab, and Random Corrupting Blood in map).

Video (Mostly for DPS showcase)

Uber Atziri
Double Vaal click here
Trio click here
Atziri click here

Full Run click here

Note that I've never run atziri before. In the videos, I made many mistakes, and wasted much time to prepare gem/flask setup before each boss fight (my flask setup wasnt even best, but just workable). I couldnt control my cyclone well and got desync a lot. So, you definitely can do better than me.

Full Map Run
Core Run click here
Plateu Run click here

Boss Fight Montage
Village Ruin click here
Excavation click here
Shrine click here
Palace click here

Demo with Master Crafted Vagan Daggers

Special thanks to Voehermes and Yuri12344 for letting me use their daggers.

Plateu Full Run click here
Shrine Full Run click here
Palace Full Run click here (At the beginning of Boss fight, I did a failed cyclone to air which almost got me to die.)

Uber Lab

click here
Literally this build is an Uber Lab Killer. With 17~20% life regn, you wont get hurt by any trap.
Izaro fight is just as simple as you can imagine. Remember to bring a Granite flask with % armour so that You facetank Izaro whilst he can do nothing to you.

Core nodes in Juggernaut Ascendency class that we will take:

1. Unstoppable

10% increased Movement Speed
You cannot be slowed to below base speed
Movement Speed cannot be modified below base value

According to POEWIKI,
Unstoppable's two special modifiers (excluding the movement speed modifier) are mutually distinct and have completely separate effects. The first modifier prevents the player from being slowed below base speed. The speed of the player is the rate at which the player performs animations, and is modified by slowing and accelerating effects such as Chill, Freeze, Temporal Chains, and Acceleration Shrines. Player speed is not related to or affected by modifiers to attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed. Therefore, so long as the player is not under the effect of an Acceleration Shrine, players with this Ascendancy passive skill allocated will be completely unaffected by Chill, Freeze, or Temporal Chains.
The second special modifier prevents the player's movement speed from being modified below base value. The player's base movement speed is the speed at which the player walks without any movement speed modifiers. Therefore, if the player's movement speed would be reduced below this value, such as when standing on Tarred ground and even immobilizing effects such as Vaal Rain of Arrows inventory icon.pngVaal Rain of Arrows, it will instead be its base value.

TDLR: This node helps you have 100% immunity to Chill/Freeze/Temporal Chain. You won't be slowed down.

2. Unflinching

20% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit
+1 Maximum Endurance Charge

Note that Scold's bridle effect is count as a Hit, so it can be interacted with this node.

3. Unrelenting
6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
8% reduced Elemental Damage Taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges
If you would gain Endurance Charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number of Endurance Charges"

4. Unyielding

30% increased Damage while you have Fortify
1.5% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second while you have Fortify
25% increased effect of Fortify on you

Minimum item requirements:

This build is an unique-gear-wise build, and most of them are really CHEAP except Voll's Devotion. Dont worry about the issue of lacking of resistance, bcz there's a specific tree for resistance.

Concept of the build
Get as many endurance charges as you can under the premise that you have enough defense stats (life/resistance).

With Scold's bridle, you have the ability to self generate Endurance charges anytime.

With 2 Kaom's way rings, you will have huge amount of life regen with max endurance charges on, which means you have a good immunity to any kind of dot (poison, bleed, or even trap in uber lab, etc.) and you will also have the ability to use Righteous Fire w/o flask.

With Voll's devotion, you can always have max number of endurance charges after your Discharge consumes any number of your power charges.

With Kingsguard, you can gain back large amount of life based on how many endurance charges you have for Discharge to consume. (e.g. 1000life gain per discharge if you have 10 endurance charges.)

With constantly all endurance charges on, you have lots physical dmg reduction (e.g. 40% phys dmg reduction/all element resistance with 10 endurance charges on) and you can enjoy the long duration immortal call.

Due to the fact that there's few crit nodes on Maruder side, the solution is to go to Duelist side and take the dual wielding crit nodes (Twin Terrors). So that means we're Dual wielding vagan daggers.
Dual Wielding mechanism from POEWIKI

10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

With 2 vagan daggers, you gain free 10% more attack speed from Dual Wielding mechanism which is literally a free 10% more dmg.

Gears

Example Gear

Helm

We use a Scold's bridle. As I mentioned above, it can be interacted with Unflinching/Unrelenting, that means, you can have 20% chance to gain max endurance charges whenever you use a skill (you're hit). You also can take advantage of the huge spell damage from it. In addition, There's a tricky way to cast curses to enemy w/o using any cuse auras which is using
This means, when you cyclone/whirlblade to a target (you're hit), you will have 40% chance to trigger Vengeance to cast the linked curse to the target.
(Note that you can even link vengeance with culling strike to boost your hidden dps.)

Weapon

Find two vagan daggers with Royal skean base, which is the best base with the highest proc rate.
Bench craft it with crit strike chance to push its crit base up to 8.3~8.38. Also you can multimod for all spell damage/crit strike chance/ias mod if you have the right base.
If you're rich enough, it would be a nice choice to copy my Phoenix Thirst which is the best CoC vagan dagger. Here's my Mirror Service Thread - click here

Amulet

No need to explain, voll's devotion is always the core unique for CoC discharge. Get the +1 curse if you're rich/lucky.

Rings

Get two of them, then you can enjoy additional 2 endurance charges and huge life regen which can be used to against dot dmg or to sustain RF.

Gloves

Maligaro's are Best in slot for this build for obvious reasons. Lots Crit Chance/ Crit Mult and also a fairly amount of Dex that You might need for high level Blood Rage/ Vaal haste.

Another option is Shadows and dust which is fun to play with.

Chest

One of the core unique of this build. Really easy to understand that you gain a lot life back based on how many endurance charges your Discharge consumes, and we're like having at least 10 endurance charges all the time which means 1000 life gain per discharge. It makes you immortal if you dont get one shot.

Belt

Ideally, you can get a fire dmg version of doryani's belt which not only boost up your discharge dps but also have cold/lightning resistance (We dont need that much fire res because we have to use purity of fire no matter wat). If you have enough budget, get +1 on doryani's belt. If you have even more budget, get a headhunter (you can solve the resistance issue on jewels) since its always fun to play with it. If you're rich, go get a +1 headhunter.

Boots

Boots slot is very free. If you have elemental resistance problm, you better go get a rare boots with decent life/res/movement speed.

If you feel that you alrdy have enough life/resistance, you can go for Death's Door Crusader Boots (+1 Endurance charge), or even Windscream (+1 curse) if you like.

Note that when you already have 10 endurance charges, its means your discharge will always consume 10 endurance + 1~3 power charges. Turns out it will be only 7~9% more overall damage to get another one more endurance charge. So you have to decide if the tradeoff is good for you if you want to use Death's Door Crusader Boots.

Enchantment

Boots:
Regenerate % of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently (Bcz we can always hit ourselves with Scold's Bridle and enjoy the life/mana regen.)
% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently (Needless to explain. Its helpful to solve mana cost issue.)

Helm:
% increased Cyclone Attack Speed (Best one imo. Boosting up your dps whilst no harder reflect issue.)
% increased Discharge Radius (Always good for AOE.)
% increased Discharge Damage (Nice Dps boost but you may have harder reflect issue. Not that good.)
% chance for Discharge not to consume Charges (Pretty useless in this build bcz we always can have max endurance charges.)

Skill Gems

Dagger 1:
MUST

Dagger 2:
Spoiler

For strong map/boss:
Swap out

For

Helm:
Spoiler

Scold's Bridle effect is count as a Hit. When you cyclone/whirlblade to a target (you're hit), you will have 40% chance to trigger Vengeance to cast the linked curse to the target.

For strong boss (Under the premise that you can use 2 curses):
Swap out

For

Chest:
Spoiler

For strong boss:
Swap out

For

Gloves:
Spoiler

For some specific run,
You can swap out

For

Boots:
Spoiler

Poacher's Mark is always good for frenzy charges, and flask charges which make you mapping more smoothly. Anyway you can always turn it off and link another reduce res curse with vengeance on your helm if you dont need Poacher's Mark for Boss fight.
Purity of fire is for solving reflect problem and also sustaining RF.

Curse option
Spoiler
I personally would prefer to use Poacher's Mark as a curse aura than other reduce-res-curses (Elemental weakness/Flammability). The matter of fact, we alrdy have overpower dps, so reduce-res-curses is helpless for us to clear map (On the contrary, it will make us receive more serious reflect issue.)
So in this case, I put reduce-res-curses with Vegenace/Curse on hit combo to make sure the curse will be cast in a boss fight (at least 2~3 discharge), but wont really matter to be cast in kid fight (1 discharge shot everything).

In my personal case, I can use 2 curses, so I use Poacher's Mark curse aura and Elemental weakness linked with vengeance. When I have a boss fight (let's say core map), I will turn off Poacher's Mark curse aura and link both elemental weakness/flammability with vengeance to deal the max dps.

Flasks

Useful Flasks

This is the best friend of this build. It literally buff Crit Chance of my cyclone from 70% to 91%, discharge from 55% to 80%. (w/o any power charges on)

Use it if you have res probelm

Normal setup:

Long Boss fight setup: (Since we cant sustain your mana cost in long fight, we drop Silver flask for mana flask.)

Always remember to pop ruby flask when you see an elemental reflect mob, and be ready to pop life flask at any time. We wont one shot ourself, but we might 2~3 shot ourself if we dont pop life flask.

Jewels

Useful Unique jewel

Use it if you lack of intelligence, since we are maruder. We have many strength on tree but lack of intelligence.

What to look for:

Top Priority:
*Resistance (If you still dont cap resist)
*%life (If you feel your life is low)
*Attck Crit Chance (If you want more steady Crit. But I would be satisfied at around 65% cyclone crit chance)

Second Priority:
*Spell crit multi
*Fire skill crit multi
*Cold skill crit multi
*Lightning skill crit multi
*Elemental skill crit multi
*Attack speed

Note that Crit multi is the best DPS mod on jewel for this build, bcz we rly have poor Crit multi on tree/gears. This means investing in Crit multi will give me the most significant dps boost. But if you feel you alrdy have reflect issue, I recommand you stop investing Crit multi. Instead, get attack speed which is always good for your proc rate and the speed of Whirlblading, so its another option.

Example jewels

Maximize your dps but you will receive more serious elemental reflect issue. (Better use only for boss fight)

A nice dps boost meanwhile you wont recieve more serious elemental reflect issue. (Generally good for farming exp and decent for boss fight)

Stats

Current Gear

Current level is 92. (Can have up to 6~7 jewels at level 100.)

Note that all of my rare jewels are not really good enough (Not even close). The ideal dps jewels are crit multi 30~51% + res, but none of my jewels have any crit multi.

Cyclone

4.72 aps w/o any buff.
4.99 aps with Lightning golem.
5.57 aps with Lightning Golem/ Blood rage
6.17 aps with Lightning Golem/ Blood rage/ Silver Flask

68.84% crit without any crit on jewel
70.78% crit with a 18% attack crit chance on jewel
91.47% crit with a 18% attack crit chance on jewel/ Diamond Flask

ALL Stats listed above did not count in any charges (Power/ Frenzy/ Endurance)

Discharge

51.26% crit without any power charges.
76.25% crit with Diamond Flask.

With Cyclone/ CoC/ PCoC/ Crit strike/ Discharge/ IAOE
26335 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges.
37256 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/ 3 power charges.
48950 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/ 3 power charges/3 frenzy charges.

With Cyclone/ CoC/ PCoC/ Crit strike/ Discharge/ Conc Effect
41873 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges.
59237 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/3 power charges.
77795 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/ 3 power charges/ 3 frenzy charges.

With Cyclone/ CoC/ PCoC/ Crit strike/ Discharge/ Conc Effect and With RF on
65838 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges.
93143 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/ 3 power charges.
121939 tooltip dmg with 11 endurance charges/ 3 power charges/ 3 frenzy charges.

Note that with 180%~306% crit multi on 6 jewels (30~51% each), my tooltip dmg will be at least double, because I only have 200% crit multi in my current stats.

Total dps

Thing you should know about CoC

Im gonna tell how to calculate the dps of CoC Discharge build.

Basicaly, the total dps formula can be simply written as Proc Rate * Discharge dmg.
Proc Rate = hit per time * trigger rate (70% with lv21 CoC gem).

According to the formula, to boost up the total dps, we could either increase hit per time (attack speed) or increase discharge dmg. But there's a downside to increase discharge dmg, which is element reflect issue. So if you feel having a element reflect issue, I would recommand you to stop boosting discharge dmg but start to increase your attack speed.

After All, the DPS Ceiling of this build is too high, you can easily get 3~4 million dps if you have the right jewels, but you cant sustain the elemental reflect dmg.

With Blood rage/ Silver flask/ Diamond flask, we will have 6.17aps, 91.47% crit cyclone. Turns out that the proc rate we have will be around 8 discharges per sec.

Assume Diamond flask will boost the discharge tooltip dmg up by 14% (I did some math but I'm not sure if its right. Please correct me if Im wrong)

So, in the IAOE/ 11ec/ 3pc condition, we will do 8*37256*1.14 = 339774 (339k)
in the Conc Effect/ 11ec/ 3pc condition, we will do 8*59237*1.14 = 540241 (540k)
in the Conc Effect/ RF/ 11ec/ 3pc condition, we will do 8*93143*1.14 = 849464 (849k)

In addition, I have EE, elemental weakness, flammability with 130% curse effect which is totally reducing 33% cold/ 108% light/ 167% fire resistance. It will boost 849k up to 2M ~ 2.5M dps (This is a Real damage number after reducing enemies resistance).

Note that I currently using unideal jewels w/o any crit multi. My total dps will be boosted up to 4~5M if I have 30~50% crit multi on 6 of my jewels.

Conc Effect/ RF setup is only for Boss fight, bcz you will one shot yourself with random reflect mobs in map.

TDLR: Current DPS is 2 ~ 2.5 Million. Theoretically, can be boosted up to 4 ~ 5 Million with 6 right jewels.

I recorded some boss fight montage videos. Check them out if you want.

Defense stats with 11 endurance charges

The stats of 49% movement speed with a 25% movement speed boots got cut off.

Bandit

LIFE - POINT - ENDURANCE CHARGE

Tree

This build can be done only with Juggernaut Ascendancy class.

Base Tree lv74 - click here

For those who lack of resistance (76 cold/ 78 fire/ 88 light on tree) - click here

For those who prefer to get +1 Curse (can also take Elemental overload if you like) - click here

For those who prefer to get Flask Charges/ Attack Speed/ Movement - click here

Mixed Flask charges/ Attack Speed/ Movement/ +1 Curse - click here

**new** For those who want to use Dagger + Shield - click here

Note that You can always drop Skittering Runes (Curse Effect) for another one jewel if you like.

Feel free to ask here, I will be happy to answer when I'm free.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Aug 4, 2016, 4:47:06 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 3:44:59 AM
in b4 nerf
Hmm this guy does not have a supporter pack.

Neither does he have a video of this build.

can we trust his build? how risky is this?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 29, 2016, 4:00:17 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Hmm this guy does not have a supporter pack.

Neither does he have a video of this build.

can we trust his build? how risky is this?

Video spoiler is on the top. Ctrl + F "video" and you will see
^ Ooh my mad I see it now.

You should highlight it more so its more easily viewable when scrolling through. I think the video is the most important part.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ Ooh my mad I see it now.

You should highlight it more so its more easily viewable when scrolling through. I think the video is the most important part.

Good advice bro, will definitely do it.
hey Aphro I would like to ask what are your thoughts on this build VS Aim Deep's RF max block build?

Which is more tanky and safer for ubber?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667160

This is his build but his build uses Jewells which are too expensive to obtain now and aren't available either. He uses 7 reckless defense jewells which cost like 30 Exalts. But before he created the build the prices were like 20c a piece so I decided on abandoning his build.

What you think about the rise of the phoenix sheild for your build?

I already have Kings Guard and Volls Devo my Volls Devo is a 4% block chance I also have a Aeigs champion shield with max stats

Or are the 2 daggers simply better for your build?

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 29, 2016, 4:12:16 PM
WOW

Kaom's rings cost 5 exalt a piece now?

Will the Non Prophecy Koam's Way ring work for this build?

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 29, 2016, 4:20:16 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
hey Aphro I would like to ask what are your thoughts on this build VS Aim Deep's RF max block build?

Which is more tanky and safer for ubber?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667160

This is his build but his build uses Jewells which are too expensive to obtain now and aren't available either. He uses 7 reckless defense jewells which cost like 30 Exalts. But before he created the build the prices were like 20c a piece so I decided on abandoning his build.

What you think about the rise of the phoenix sheild for your build?

I already have Kings Guard and Volls Devo my Volls Devo is a 4% block chance I also have a Aeigs champion shield with max stats

Or are the 2 daggers simply better for your build?

The build u linked is abusing reckless defense unique jewel which I also can, but i didnt. bcz I'm not sure if it's a good tradeoff between 4%block/ 20%spell block vs 10 addition chance to get crit after I alrdy feel rly tanky with 1100 life gain per discharge (means i can gain back all my 6k life within 0.5~0.6sec if i dont get one shot.)

The defensive part he's better than me is that he uses rise of pheonix for the +8 max fire res. My build requires dual wielding dagger to cap 65~70% crit w/o power charges. The one my build is better than him is I use 2 kaom's way, that means 2 more endurance charges and around 8~9% more life regen than him.
In defensive part, he should be better than me only to against enemies who is able to cast strong fire spell (like atziri).

Wat about the offensive part?
First, mjolner aps is 1.15. Theoretically I can use a 1.77 aps dagger, so I have 53% more proc rate (more dmg) just from the weapon base. And I gain another 10% more attack speed from the dual wielding mechanism, so thats another 10% more dmg. Not to mention the spell dmg on 2 daggers (Theoretically totally 200% spell dmg). Thats a huge dps different. Not to mention Im crit build that invests in crit multi.

If you're goal is farming uber atziri, I'd recommand you his build, bcz he has rise of pheonix which is a good unique to against atziri flameblast, so you have less risky to fail.

BTW, I also posted a deathless uber atziri run with my build if you wanna check.

Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jun 29, 2016, 5:06:49 PM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
WOW

Kaom's rings cost 5 exalt a piece now?

Will the Non Prophecy Koam's Way ring work for this build?

Ya you can, but in this case you wont be able to use RF.
well. even if you dont use RF, you alrdy have really great amount of dps. check my plateu run, its like one discharge per pack.
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jun 29, 2016, 5:03:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info