Heterosexual pride day?

"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm going to rewrite my argument for you to understand my opinion and why I've made this post.

No, we heterosexual don't need a pride day because we were NEVER been victime of discrimination. And yes I support 100% the homosexual and yes they need and deserve a day for them. I am against every form of discrimination they can suffer.

That being said. I made this post, just to show how some people have double standard and would be enraged and generalizing hetero if they were asking for the very same thing. People who are right now being bitter, toxic and against the idea of an hetero parade are just being discriminative and hypocrite. I just wanted to expose the human nature out of this context.

Here is the thing, we aren't having double-standards, we are simply trying to explain to you that there is no such thing as "the very same thing for heterosexuals". You could imagine "black pride", "muslim pride", or even "christian pride" or "white pride" in some countries, but not "heterosexual pride".
For a "heterosexual pride" to make sense, there needs to be a prejudice inflicted comparable to what LGBT are submitted to.
So, when you are accusing us of having double-standards, you are simply showing that you do not understand the matter, and that you possibly do not want to understand the issue, hence why some of us are convinced you are homophobic.
I agree there is no need for a hetero-pride parade.

But just as a mental exercise: are any of you against celebrating father's day, since you know "men were never oppresed", only women were, according to SJW leftist ideology. Well, at least white men were never oppresed... :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
The continent of Africa. Google.

Again, I won't even attempt to dissuade you anymore. Please, encourage and even hold your HetPride day. See what kind of people show up.

"If it attracts flies, it must be ____"

I was about to say this. There's scarcely reported Christian on homosexual violence in Africa. It's not talked about to much, and it's not necessarily the most pervasive reason for murders over there. Nor is it nearly as prevalent as gay hate in Islamic societies.

I'll try this again Diablo. The reason there is a LGBTQ pride day is because there was a very real bigotry at a governmental level. That hasn't happened to heterosexual individuals in America. There is some anti-hetero ideology on a personal level, and you could argue that it's starting to affect college campuses'. That's a different discussion for a different thread though.

The pride day is to show solidarity between homosexuals that have been denied what most would consider rights due to their sexuality. It's why they march, it's why they are defensive about it. Having a heterosexual pride day is subversive to the reasoning of the day itself as well as discredits the struggle they had to establish the same rights.
Now I will agree some of the vitriol that people are spewing is absurd, but both sides are doing it(not referencing this specific thread).

I'm going to rewrite my argument for you to understand my opinion and why I've made this post.

No, we heterosexual don't need a pride day because we were NEVER been victime of discrimination. And yes I support 100% the homosexual and yes they need and deserve a day for them. I am against every form of discrimination they can suffer.

That being said. I made this post, just to show how some people have double standard and would be enraged and generalizing hetero if they were asking for the very same thing. People who are right now being bitter, toxic and against the idea of an hetero parade are just being discriminative and hypocrite. I just wanted to expose the human nature out of this context.

As far as I could tell, your initial post was asking the reasoning behind the anti-hetero pride day stuff. There is no double standard in that regard, as the underlying issues that caused the LGBTQ-pride day to arise are not something that can be applied to heterosexual pride day.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
"
diablofdb wrote:

Here is the thing, we aren't having double-standards, we are simply trying to explain to you that there is no such thing as "the very same thing for heterosexuals". You could imagine "black pride", "muslim pride", or even "christian pride" or "white pride" in some countries, but not "heterosexual pride".
For a "heterosexual pride" to make sense, there needs to be a prejudice inflicted comparable to what LGBT are submitted to.
So, when you are accusing us of having double-standards, you are simply showing that you do not understand the matter, and that you possibly do not want to understand the issue, hence why some of us are convinced you are homophobic.

He just wants to claim he is pro LGBT while trying to stir up some weird non existent double standard of LGBT people being anti hetero pride day.

He is just giving more reason that there is such a thing as LGBT Pride month in the US which is June btw.
"
morbo wrote:

But just as a mental exercise: are any of you against celebrating father's day, since you know "men were never oppresed", only women were, according to SJW leftist ideology. Well, at least white men were never oppresed... :)

Since when do fathers have to be white? What does this have to do with the thread itself? And more so, why are you anti left? "According to sjw leftist ideology" makes it seem you got a problem with pro LGBT and Pro feminist stuff.
"
"
morbo wrote:

Since when do fathers have to be white? What does this have to do with the thread itself? And more so, why are you anti left? "According to sjw leftist ideology" makes it seem you got a problem with pro LGBT and Pro feminist stuff.

LGBT and pro-fem are not necessarily "SJW". Common "SJW" ideologies are just as bigoted and Orwellian as the opposite side. They just try harder to justify it and are more vocal.
3rd wave feminism is a bastardization of what it was, but again that's a different topic for a different thread.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Einkil on Jul 11, 2016, 3:26:13 PM
"
morbo wrote:

One of your premises (that these events are about oppression) is false.
As I understand it, these events are about the efforts the person makes in order to take care of children, so I would say families should celebrate either/both/neither on a case by case basis. At the moment, women tend to be the ones taking care of the children, so it seems fair to me that their day would have more importance than men's, but I am not very knowledgeable on this matter, so my point of view could be wrong.
"
"
morbo wrote:

One of your premises (that these events are about oppression) is false.
As I understand it, these events are about the efforts the person makes in order to take care of children, so I would say families should celebrate either/both/neither on a case by case basis. At the moment, women tend to be the ones taking care of the children, so it seems fair to me that their day would have more importance than men's, but I am not very knowledgeable on this matter, so my point of view could be wrong.

It depends on what you consider taking care of the children. The men are normally the breadwinners, while women stay at home. I consider both of these equally important as they are both necessary. you could also come from a poor family where both your parents are working.
"

Bruh, stop projecting, assuming & confusing things. I'm anti-leftists because I dont agree with the (more and more radicalized) left ideology, that should be self-explanatory.

A valid argument against a hetero-pride day is that it's not needed, because hetero were never victims of anything. Well, since according to leftists and radical feminists, men cant be victims and are always the "oppressors", the same argument can be used against having a Father's day, or anything involving the praising of men, actually. Do you agree?

It's just a mental experiment, on how can radical lefitsts continue to deconstruct society.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
(...)

That's a biased "experiment".
It makes an immense amount of assumptions that are false.
1) Mother's day isn't about oppression.
2) Men can be victims.
3) You are talking about "leftists" and "radical feminists". We don't share the points of view of the latter, and I don't even know what you are talking about with the former.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info