Paid realm: no trading allowed

Can't you guys create a realm where no trading is allowed and substantially increase the drop rates for everything? Essentially making the game playable self found. I can see how that can hurt GGG's business, but you guys could make it so that the player has to pay monthly to play on that realm. I would totally pay. The realm would have hardcore mode etc. It would be all the same except for the trading and drop rates. Please do that. If you guys think I'm alone on this, why don't you make a poll to see how many players would pay for that? I assure you there's more people interested in this than you think. Please, please, pretty please consider this suggestion. I mean, what harm would it do to at least try? No need to change the existing realms, everyone who likes it as it is will stay the same, just create a new one like I said, and see the $$$ incoming.
Last edited by poeFan2 on Jun 29, 2016, 11:29:02 AM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2016, 2:12:54 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've talked about this in the past but a couple of issues with this.

1) GGG explicitly stated that the paid leagues they were thinking about were more like you choose to mods\difficulty, not the loot scheme.

2) The duration would have to be short initially because GGG wouldn't likely be able to commit to running it indefinitely at first.

3) Splits playerbase up

4) Who is going to pay for it, is it pay to participate or is this get a group together and essentially "kickstart" it once it hits a funding goal.

The harm mainly is splitting up the playerbase and creating a specific place where people get a vastly different experience then the core of the game.

So the question becomes how much are you willing to pay for such a product and are you ok with a shorter run league 6 months or so to start?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
That is one of their many empty promises. They like to say they will do everything and deliver on practically nothing. https://www.pathofexile.com/leagues
Agree with most of those points, Goetzjam, but not with splitting the player base as a reason not to do it. There are a few reasons for this:

1) The player base is already split up all the time.
-Standard
-HC Standard
-League
-HC League
-Races

You get the idea.

2) Having the player base consolidated is only beneficial to players for trading and grouping, and grouping is pretty uncommon outside of Lake farming and people buying runs.

3) Even if they made a "self found" league/realm, I don't see a very big piece of the player base going there. It's been argued many times in the past that players can just play that way in the existing leagues, so what the OP is really asking for is better drop rates for himself--and that just isn't going to happen. Supposing that someone already plays self found in the existing leagues, they are already effectively removed from the player base, so we haven't lost anything anyway.

So...

What we really need is not to encourage "self found"/solo play, but to encourage multiplayer. That's something for another topic, though.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Siochan wrote:
That is one of their many empty promises. They like to say they will do everything and deliver on practically nothing. https://www.pathofexile.com/leagues

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? How much are you willing to spend on a league?

GGG made a post about 6 months ago or something asking for feedback regarding the topic, it honestly didn't get as much traction as they would have liked so put it on the back burners again. You can't expect a company to do something that simply doesn't make since.

D3 promised to have PvP but really just has like sparring and I dont think they have done anything since vanilla about it, at least when GGG promised PvP they put forth effort and even balance skills for it separately

"
Agree with most of those points, Goetzjam, but not with splitting the player base as a reason not to do it. There are a few reasons for this:

1) The player base is already split up all the time.
-Standard
-HC Standard
-League
-HC League
-Races

Yes, further fracturing the playerbase only takes away from the existing groups. It is kinda pointless to mention perm HC as that community is almost always dead. Races also don't fit in with leagues because unless its like the 2 week races GGG ran they don't compete with the leagues, races simply give players, in all of the leagues an opportunity to play in a different mode for a very short period of time.

"
3) Even if they made a "self found" league/realm, I don't see a very big piece of the player base going there. It's been argued many times in the past that players can just play that way in the existing leagues, so what the OP is really asking for is better drop rates for himself--and that just isn't going to happen. Supposing that someone already plays self found in the existing leagues, they are already effectively removed from the player base, so we haven't lost anything anyway.

Assuming those players never trade AND never party, that would be correct, but that simply isn't the case for a great number of players. In addition modifying loot creates a separate issue in that the game was NEVER intended for solo\self found play.

"
So...

What we really need is not to encourage "self found"/solo play, but to encourage multiplayer. That's something for another topic, though.

People already play solo\self found today, there is nothing stopping them from doing so, by creating a league you essentially just force rules upon players that can force rules on themselves, if they lack recognition and feel that is necessary, perhaps the ability to have a tag\ladder that separates you until you trade\party per character would be useful, but I doubt there is enough solo\self found players that care about such a system and I highly doubt they would pay for it, much like I doubt they would pay for a league.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

Let's be real here. You can't just play self found on this game. There are many uniques that many players said that they never dropped in x years, how do you expect a self found player to get his hands on such an item? You can play self found with crappy to mid quality gear you mean, which doesn't give the same satisfaction as to play with the gear you want. This feature would benefit many people who are willing to pay to have better drop rates and no trading.
Last edited by poeFan2 on Jun 29, 2016, 12:52:00 PM
Funny how you guys are saying basically the same thing I am, but making it sound like an argument, lol.

Anyway, this topic has been done nearly as much as the Auction House one, and neither ever seem to get very far.
"
Funny how you guys are saying basically the same thing I am, but making it sound like an argument, lol.

Anyway, this topic has been done nearly as much as the Auction House one, and neither ever seem to get very far.

Well lets hope you're wrong this time.
Pay to Win realm?

No thanks
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
If you want a solo experience with better drop rates, D3 already uses that model. Not all ARPGs need to be D3, especially considering it has its own shortcomings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info