GOD DAMN LABYRINTH

"
eduardocadore wrote:
well, I don't HATE the lab, I think it's interesting, it's just annoying being forced to go through it to get the ascendancy class. and about disconnecting, I have 8GB RAM already, could be my internet connection, but I never really had problems with it...

Which other online games do you play? Any other latency-sensitive activities? There are many kinds of Internet connection problems you would never notice while browsing the web.
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Everyone knows what you think siochan. Not a day goes by. I get the impression you just like to complain.

Why would he stop to complain? Has anything changed?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
Everyone knows what you think siochan. Not a day goes by. I get the impression you just like to complain.

Why would he stop to complain? Has anything changed?

I seriously doubt it would matter if anything changed.
The GG fan boys are real. No. So many people have been having issues this league, way more than any. It's insane people think the problem isn't GGG...
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:
The GG fan boys are real. No. So many people have been having issues this league, way more than any. It's insane people think the problem isn't GGG...

how many?
"
laycast wrote:

I've yet to hear a reasonable technical explanation of how the problem would be at GGG's end. I suppose I wouldn't know about issues on non-European gateways, but the fact that the problem isn't universal suggests that there isn't any fundamental problem. At most there may be some faulty data center hardware (likely GGG leases hardware from someone else) or ISP problems at some of the gateways (not under GGG's direct control). If you think latency issues are GGG's fault, feel free to provide an explanation of how it's their fault yet only affects part of the user base.
Last edited by databeaver on Jul 1, 2016, 4:54:27 PM
People often blame GGG for anything that isn't on their end, when in reality there's a huge web of devices between them and GGG that can be the cause of problems.

I often have latency issues, and I know most of them aren't GGG's end... but most of them also aren't on my end. Something is dodgy with the physical lines somewhere in my neighbourhood, most likely.

The PID problem is definitely their end though, but last we heard they couldn't even recreate the problem so they're struggling to fix it.

I used to get disconnected zoning a lot, realized it was being caused by my software firewall. May or may not be your issue, but I don't get disconnected zoning anymore since disabling it.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
But I really don't get all the complaints... its ONCE per difficulty. ONCE. For something like 20 mins each. That's ONE hour combined.

Let me help you with your math skills...
I disconnect when loading a zone... +30 minutes
I take several wrong turns, eventually get teleported into traps and die on the 3rd fight... +45 minutes
I take several wrong turns, get 1-shotted by Izzaro on the 3rd fight... +50 minutes
I get impatient and die to traps... 5 "runs" in a row... +15 minutes
I finally beat it. +30 minutes (not playing a Meta build, so I did not 1-shot Izzaro. Most of the fight time is me running away screaming like a little girl)

The first time I played through the Labyrinth for my first Ascendency points I spent 8+ hours doing it. All day that first day of Perandus...
And you want me to repeat this mess again?

It is "only" half an hour if you have repeated it enough times to know what you are doing. And you are playing a meta-build which trivializes the actual boss fight. I think this is the main reason people claim it is "boring." Try doing it on level with a "creative" build! Plenty of challenge to be found!
"
SudianX wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
But I really don't get all the complaints... its ONCE per difficulty. ONCE. For something like 20 mins each. That's ONE hour combined.

Let me help you with your math skills...
I disconnect when loading a zone... +30 minutes
I take several wrong turns, eventually get teleported into traps and die on the 3rd fight... +45 minutes
I take several wrong turns, get 1-shotted by Izzaro on the 3rd fight... +50 minutes
I get impatient and die to traps... 5 "runs" in a row... +15 minutes
I finally beat it. +30 minutes (not playing a Meta build, so I did not 1-shot Izzaro. Most of the fight time is me running away screaming like a little girl)

The first time I played through the Labyrinth for my first Ascendency points I spent 8+ hours doing it. All day that first day of Perandus...
And you want me to repeat this mess again?

It is "only" half an hour if you have repeated it enough times to know what you are doing. And you are playing a meta-build which trivializes the actual boss fight. I think this is the main reason people claim it is "boring." Try doing it on level with a "creative" build! Plenty of challenge to be found!

I don't understand this post. Some deaths to traps occur, especially if you're impatient. Being impatient in a high level map can have the same consequences. 8 hours to do normal labs once though?! And if you started with merciless, that might have been a bad idea when there is an experience penalty. It's true, some classes are better than others at labs, but the same can be said of any content. My level 93 witch had a harder time than my level 80 RF templar.

Play the regular game. Get better gear. Go back and do labs later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info