Rules on Damage Added As - Question

Greetings to all.

I had a question regarding the mechanics behind Damage Added As - I read the chapter on Damage Conversion on the wiki but it's still not entirely clear to me. :S

Maybe I'd better start by explaining what I'm trying to do. I'm making a Saboteur Tornado Shotter using Doomfletch's Prism and Maloney's Nightfall. So I'm using the massive elemental added damage from DP (best abbreviation EU) and MN + Sab's added damage % against Blinded targets as my significant damage boosters.

So my main question is how the interaction between those two functions.

If my understanding of the mechanics is correct, the following should happen:

- Saboteur's Born in the Shadows +30% Damage against Blinded enemies and Maloney's +40% Damage against Blinded enemies combine for a total of +70% Damage against Blinded enemies

- Since the modifier is +% DAMAGE (so not Physical Damage, nor Elemental Damage) - the Elemental Damage that is added from Doomfletch's Prism SHOULD be double-dipping, right?

I'm still relatively new, so this may seem like a silly question for some of you veterans. Which is why I'd like your input.

Kind regards!
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 9:31:36 AM
No, it wont double dip. Converted dmg benefits from all modifiers, which scale a dmg type it once was.
So with a cold to fire to chaos conversion, your dmg will be scaled by cold, fire and chaos dmg (and ofc just generic dmg, elemental dmg, projectile if the skill is a projectile and so on). Dmg modifiers always only apply once, or to say it more clear a dmg modifier, that is scaling more than one dmg type, is scaling the dmg once if the dmg is atleast one of the types it scales.

it wont double dip

let take DP bow:

step1: add together all flat physical dmg from bow +rings etc
step2: add the "elemental damage added as" from dp based on the total you get from step1
-> this is your bows base damage ( lets take 100 phys and 300 elemental dmg for easier uderstanding)

step3: your 100 phys dmg is increased by "increased dmg%" and "increased physical dmg%"

step4: your elemental dmg is increased by all "increased dmg%", "increased phys dmg%" and increased elemental dmg% " ( the converted/added as elemental dmg "remembers" that it was converted from physical so increased physical also works, but it is additive with all generic increases and elemental increases)

some examples: lets take 100 phys and 300 elemental dmg from step1 for easier calcs

-100% inc dmg against blinded
-200% inc phys
-100% inc elemental

end result physical dmg : 100base * (1+(1+2))= 400
end result elemental dmg: 300base * (1+(1+2+1))= 1500 elemental dmg

came out a bit more confusing that it was suppose to but hope this clarifies it a bit

one thing to remember is that conversions/added as happens before any %increases or %more multipliers
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
That's too bad - nevertheless thanks for the clear responses! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info