FLAILS

"
AceNightfire wrote:
The question is: What would make flails so different from maces?
The chain man.. the chain..
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Chains, spheric objects, there may be female characters involved...
Hmmm...
Is this just a coincidence?

almazor, just so you know, it seems that Diablo 3 has two-handed flails, that's at least one game out there.
"
"
AceNightfire wrote:

I'm not talking about the appearence. What will be different about flails when it comes to stats?
+100% DMG increase on skeleton man and ofc "ignore ennemies defense" should fit perfectly that new weapon class and +5% to 15%radius splash primary mod

i think i will give very low attack per second but high min dmg-low high dmg or a x-y dmg where x is very close to y number.
"no great man lives in vain"
Thomas Carlyle

my ranger : /954868
Last edited by almazor on Jun 30, 2016, 6:33:59 AM
I hope with flails the Duelist will finally learn how to use a melee weapon, usually he hits enemies with the handle/hilt instead of the sharp part of his weapon.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
no, i think dmg should be more unpredeictable

so you have a x1.x2-y1.y2 base weapon dmg with a 2 headballs flails and x3 with 3 heads.

and as you stack strenght you just increase the dmg from x1 to x2 dmg base weapon
and y1 to y2

i think this weapon need a lot of dexterity to hit so you just need a lot of dext to wear them. and the dexterity should 20 dex for 1% more hit.
"no great man lives in vain"
Thomas Carlyle

my ranger : /954868
It seems very unlikely that GGG would do something so complex for a base item. At best, what you describe is a unique item.
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
"
AceNightfire wrote:

I'm not talking about the appearence. What will be different about flails when it comes to stats?

sort of far shot for melee attacks as implicit (more damage the further away is the object being hit)

base weapon range of 8-9
low min with high max damage
very slow attack speed.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:

sort of far shot for melee attacks as implicit (more damage the further away is the object being hit)

base weapon range of 8-9
low min with high max damage
very slow attack speed.

Flails do not have a large range. It's usually as long as a two-handed weapon (or shorter). So you will probably only have 6-7 range. Low Min, high max damage and low attack speed is already covered by maces/axes.

That's why I'm asking. If GGG goes for flails, it must have something that makes them special compared to the other weapon types. If they are just maces/axes with a different appearance, then I doubt it's worth working on this new weapon class.

Don't get me wrong: I'm always for new stuff, as long as it makes sense. So if you have a good idea what would make flails special, then go for it.
Yeah flails would have a slightly larger range than the average mace (similar to foils and other swords). The implicit is a bit different. What I could imagine is giving them a chance to maim (maybe 10/10/20 on all 3 types) and of course a wider damage range could account for them being more unreliable and predictive in combat.

However Flails seem like a natural fit for cyclone :P actually they could have a +2 weapon range while using cyclone, however it is a bit complicated, but while whilring around the chain should always be at max range, which gives the flail the largest distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info