Poison Bladefall Trapper. This time the tree loads! Opinion?

So as I posted before, I was playing around with some things on the Poison Bladefall Trapper by Pohx and realized for only a loss of like 60% points of life I could gain a bunch more % energy shield points, that and even more evasion. Since this was an evasion build anyway it seemed better. On top of that, someone mentioned the Tempest Shield gem to me. That seemed really fun with the right shield so I am planning on incorporating that into this build. Probly use it to leech Life or Energy Shield.

I realize, that this build might classify as hybrid ES/Life. I may push it further down the ES route and then take CI. I'm not gonna do acrobatics as I want to see how using the shield works. I really like the Obliteration wand and am currently using it as an upgrade from my Fencoil Staff. But i think I'll stick with Bino's + Southbound Combo and save the obliterations for another build. So yea, this is my build I'm planning. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! As far as defense, I am looking at dual curse Enfeeble + Vulnerability. Then CWDT + IC + Inc Duration + Molten Shell. Later I'd like to maybe get Discipline running but I realize I'll be dipping into very expensive gear to do that. At least right now this build isnt costing me too much. Thanks for looking.

This is the original build I was fallowing by Pohx.
Last edited by safety2nd on Jun 29, 2016, 4:41:01 AM
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 9:02:48 PM
If you are doing these, you will want/need to run discipline. Would be crazy not too.
Which means you will need to grab a bit of reduced mana reservation. I recommend pathing down to leadership which will also help with blasphemy radius. And grab the reservation node near hasty reconstruction. Can grab the efficient foresight node then.

Heretic's veil would be ideal - but expensive! Vertex would eb a bit cheaper and a good option too.

Drop expeditious munitions, it's not needed with saboteur (or ever really). I'd drop survivalist unless you are really hurting for resists too.
As you have no leech or other ES regen sources, I'd try and grab essence surge.

Id you are going to focus on ES, and maybe go CI then your chest will be very important. Getting a good ES/EV chest could be tricky. An Atziri's splendor might be the easiest option. The mana and life on kill will sort out your sustain/regen issues too.
"
Carlovski wrote:
If you are doing these, you will want/need to run discipline. Would be crazy not too.
Which means you will need to grab a bit of reduced mana reservation. I recommend pathing down to leadership which will also help with blasphemy radius. And grab the reservation node near hasty reconstruction. Can grab the efficient foresight node then.

Heretic's veil would be ideal - but expensive! Vertex would eb a bit cheaper and a good option too.

Drop expeditious munitions, it's not needed with saboteur (or ever really). I'd drop survivalist unless you are really hurting for resists too.
As you have no leech or other ES regen sources, I'd try and grab essence surge.

Id you are going to focus on ES, and maybe go CI then your chest will be very important. Getting a good ES/EV chest could be tricky. An Atziri's splendor might be the easiest option. The mana and life on kill will sort out your sustain/regen issues too.

Man! thank you for the pointers! Im also really happy cause this is the first build I have finally done that didnt get ripped to shreds. Yay learning! Im only level 57 right now so a buch of things are still a bit off. I'm loving discipline as it is right now. I wish I had been using it instead of Grace way earlier.

Yea I have drooled over Heretic's Veil a lot. Ideally I would use that. Thanks for pointing out Vertex but I thought reduced mana had no effect on reservation?

I only have expeditious munitions right now as its been speeding up my leveling pretty nicely. I wish there was a way to speed up the cool down on traps. Havent even reached the point where Im having too many resist problems. Im sure once i hit merciless Ill need to relook at things. However, I only really took survivalist for its boost to evasion. Is it still not worth the points for the extra evasion?

Yea, Im not looking forward to finding a good chest no matter what route I take. Right now I have a 600+ evasion chest that i crafted. Pretty happy with that right now.

Do you think going CI with this build is a mistake? Would this indeed be considered a Hybrid ES/life?
i think i like this tree a little more while you dont get the health right away you have alot more options for evasion or health as well as having another close shield tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVdf1h4oRvVUvUQrVIbWzrY-d0ES_bGujWKwoQeyLqmyYFtV3yvjrDOjIBwux7DQ5I9UubtbIZtMU6rW067hURlsEAX7DPetvnb4TopLd1Bx5_xspKbAhwUf8clS6TJ1FM8Yp2b_DVbAu-iu-IrEd-sI_6SVEi9KEv-Td9W9hU7BhcQG0Z188qTWSqVL0RUNlbCPRJsQDum4YV7TW5GyXAVCzpajaWi6crHU9LrrzqakOGsxUg1bnpAvaj34rveu4OVvqQDTN4MbPnOlfYG-A=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info