Corrupting a Tabula Rasa

Uh, did you edit your OP and replace the content with an entirely different question? Please don't do that, it makes the thread very confusing. It's better to post the new question in a reply.

"
sp4k wrote:
Hi, I just would like to know is using a vaal orb on a tabula rasa will change anything on it except I heard it allows your gems getting +1 lvl when on it?

Is it right? I mean, the sockets will stay white right? :p

Anything to be afraid of when using a vaal orb on a tabula rasa? Just the +1 on gems will happen?

Any one of four possible effects may happen:
  • Nothing
  • Change some sockets to white (this wouldn't have any visible effect on a Tabula Rasa)
  • Reroll the item into a rare with random mods and sockets
  • Replace the implicit mod with a corrupted implicit (there are 9 choices for a chest)

So you have roughly a 1 in 36 chance of adding the +1 level to socketed gems mod, and a 1 in 4 chance of bricking the item entirely. Whatever the result, the item will also get the corrupted property, preventing any further crafting (including with another vaal orb).
Last edited by databeaver on Jun 29, 2016, 7:50:13 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
Uh, did you edit your OP and replace the content with an entirely different question? Please don't do that, it makes the thread very confusing. It's better to post the new question in a reply.

"
sp4k wrote:
Hi, I just would like to know is using a vaal orb on a tabula rasa will change anything on it except I heard it allows your gems getting +1 lvl when on it?

Is it right? I mean, the sockets will stay white right? :p

Anything to be afraid of when using a vaal orb on a tabula rasa? Just the +1 on gems will happen?

Any one of four possible effects may happen:
  • Nothing
  • Change some sockets to white (this wouldn't have any visible effect on a Tabula Rasa)
  • Reroll the item into a rare with random mods and sockets
  • Replace the implicit mod with a corrupted implicit (there are 9 choices for a chest)

So you have roughly a 1 in 36 chance of adding the +1 level to socketed gems mod, and a 1 in 4 chance of bricking the item entirely. Whatever the result, the item will also get the corrupted property, preventing any further crafting (including with another vaal orb).

Ok sorry I won't change the title again. I did that to not create another thread again...

Well, I didn't know you could reroll a unique item into a rare item by a vaal orb...
Thanks for your answer. I think I won't go for corrupting it :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info