28 Billion Coins later or what's wrong with some Prophecies

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

3. Nemesis of Greed. People encounter monster carrying inner treasure once per their entire pre-endgame walkthrough of all 3 difficulties (same story for me) and I don't know ratio for end-game yet - maybe chance to meet him at higher tier maps is higher. But. This Prophecy can occupy slot for ethernity. Like weeks. And when you will finally fullfil this prophecy, you get something like Gorebreaker and Geofri's Baptism...

My solution : Messing up with monster appearing rate is kinda tedious, so maybe make him drop more than 2 items when this prophecy is active? Like at least 3. At the very least 3. 5 will be sweet.

Another solution (Not really sure about this one) : When this prophecy is active make this monster drop at least one high-tier item with guarantee. And by high-tier item, I mean ones that worth at least 15-20c - Rat's nest, Voltaxic, Voidbringer (not entirely sure about 2 latter at this point but you should get my point), etc. Not Drillneck, not Maligaros, not BoR, not Facebreaker and other items that worth like 1-3c in Prophecy League.

6. Map-related Prophecies. Why there us none (Except few prophecy chains) ? Like do X on Y map for Z reward. Just really rough example - kill 40 monsters in 3 seconds in Cemetery or something as easy as find the Shrine (which will spawn on this map with guarantee) on certain map or kill some unique monsters or anything like that. Maybe add some of this stuff, so there will be reason for players to get to different maps and not only farm dat Gorge 24/7 ?

+ 1
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Everyone except TreeOfDead is ok with every Prophecy in the game? If you won't bring attention to something, GGG won't ever improve it. Take your choice.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Grumlum wrote:

That´s really just a terrible joke, but strangely enough seems in line with everything else (like you get ONE YELLOW MAP in act 4 merciless for killing Kaom and Daresso). GGG have no sense for what´s rewarding, motivating and fun.

Or perhaps players are expecting too much?
Sorry, bro, I just pooped in your plate... but wait, don't rage! I think you were just expecting too much. Be glad with what you got, don't expect anything better :p
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Everyone except TreeOfDead is ok with every Prophecy in the game? If you won't bring attention to something, GGG won't ever improve it. Take your choice.

Nope. Filler prophecies get boring very fast, but at least their sealing price has been lowered. Some of the unique prophecies are very nice - PoH & Tabula for eg. Most of them become useless trash very soon in league.

Most of the prophecy chains also get boring very fast (plaguemaw, lol, getting that all the time). Check Library, read tome in Lower prison, bah... I did the Pale council exactly once, because it's too boring to get to it. (more than sac. frag farming!!!)

Some of the prophecies can be solved very quickly, so no prob. And ofc some of them are very nice - strongboxes, linking, warbands, corrupting tempest (got this only once), doubling rares, doubling map boss, get trial, get map drop...

GGG is not gonna remove the fillers, tho, so it's not much use to "bring attention".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 30, 2016, 2:47:41 AM
"
joachimbond wrote:
^ Au contraire. It's fun for them to see how much senseless punishment and penalty it takes to break their players' will to play this game.

I'm convinced it's a social engineering experiment and Chris is on the CIA payroll for doing research for them. (j/k... or am i?)

Indeed, sometimes it feels like we´re just rats in a laboratory :)

"
silumit wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Grumlum wrote:

That´s really just a terrible joke, but strangely enough seems in line with everything else (like you get ONE YELLOW MAP in act 4 merciless for killing Kaom and Daresso). GGG have no sense for what´s rewarding, motivating and fun.

Or perhaps players are expecting too much?
Sorry, bro, I just pooped in your plate... but wait, don't rage! I think you were just expecting too much. Be glad with what you got, don't expect anything better :p

Not raging at all :D
After 4500 hours playtime on my main character alone, there isn´t much left for me to expect. There´s also not much "better" in the game I could wish for (check my witch´s gear if you like) But there´s a ton of experience which makes me agree with your last sentence.

Anyway, kinda feels like derailing ´cause the thread is about Prophecy and I didn´t set foot in it at all.
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on Jun 30, 2016, 8:15:42 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

4. Forceful Exorcism. We all know how much annoying ghosts can be - Yoji's video. They can not reach any rare monster for really long time running away from you and then disappearing. So this prophecy can occupy slot for long time as well (not weeks, but can last for hours) And likesome other prophecies, Forceful Exorcism doesn't bring anything new to the table.

My solution : Prophecy doesn't serve any purpose and doesn't bring anything new. Just get rid of it.

^ This really is the number 1 bullshit prophecy. There are a lot that are pointless but this one is plain horrible!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I am having similar problems with Prophecy as I am with the Labyrinth. Some of the prophecies are cool little bonuses to playing the game as you would normally play it. Others are a huge, boring time-sink that make me immediately quit the game. Some have already been mentioned in this thread. The one I loathe the most, though, is the "clear X zone of Y mob type." It's never phrased that way - it's an "undead uprising" or "cleanse an infestation" or something similar - but that's usually what the prophecy entails. It's such a tedious pain in the ass, and usually involves fully clearing a zone. Every time I complete this prophecy, it always means the completion of my play session. I could just seal these prophecies, but I'm not that familiar with all of the prophecies yet and, they're so frequent, I would probably run out of currency clearing them out.

I still love PoE, but, between this league and the lab, it's getting harder and harder to log in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Path of Exile maybe a half-dozen times since the start of Ascendancy. Like Diablo 3, I'm eventually just not going to reinstall.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I figured my post saying I "insta-seal" them would be enough to imply a lot of Prophecies are just complete shit or basically a zone-hopping exercise to proc them and leave area.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Don't be so passive bags of corn, guys. Or you will still run with Nemesis of Greed for weeks and get Redbeak and Lifespring in the end.

666lol666, my man! As I already mentioned - Nemesis of Greed have to change or go away.

Saranghero, seems like I misunderstood.

GrumpyMcElbows, you don't have to clear any areas from enemies enterily though. Most areas related prophecies will be away as soon as you will join instance. Only for Warmongers - and even here you should seek for warbands, not clear entire location.

Little update :

Regal Death. Erased from Memory. The Corrupt. Also I kinda don't see a point to run for any King or Queen (Regal Death) just to get 1 Regal orb. 1 Regal is 1 chaos. I don't have any MF and travel to lower level locations (Further reducing chance to get currency dropped) and still get plenty of Chaos + Recipe. Same for Scoring orbs - it's just 1 scoring, 0.5 of Chaos. But Vaal orb is worst - it requires you to farm instances and you can waste quite some time, for just 1 Vaal. Nor Vaal, nor Scoring, nor Regals almoust don't drop for me usually but I still don't see a point wasting my time on this prophecies when I can just buy them for chaos or something.

My solution : Make this prophecies reward with more corresponding currency. 2 Regal orbs or Vaal orbs already seems great. 3 is even greater.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info