Reddit is Going Nuts Over Trade

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

So put a 24 hr timer on buyouts, where the seller can accept it early (asynchronously ingame or on the official website) so the sale goes through in under 24 hrs. Or another buyer can come in a put in a higher bid, resetting the 24 hr buyout timer.

well then you're basically punishing the players even more, right ? they'd have far less qol than they do now because they have to wait 24hrs for a buyout.

I dont know, seems to me you're kinda trying to work around bots, but why not NOT have them altogether with no autobuyout ?

I mean, lets say you have a goat living in your room. it kinda sucks but you work around it somehow. but wouldnt it be much, much easier to just not have a goat living with you in the first place ?

No, you get a yard/pen and you put the goat outside. What you're doing with a goat in the first place is none of my business ;)

Just because there's a design problem is no excuse to give up. Otherwise, why have trade at all, because RMT? GGG was willing to put in trade despite the problem of RMT, and allocate resources to fight RMT. They can put in an AH and allocate resources to fight AH bots - the easiest solutions being those I outlined, as just an example.

edit: also, make the timer adjustable by the player, then, from 1hr to 24hr. The point is that it's a compromise between instant buyouts, and no buyouts (bids, maybe a reserve and longer timers of 1-5 days).
I dont think there's a design problem. it's more of a qol problem some people insist is bigger than it is- my opinion solely.

clearly, computers are faster and do calculations and actions much faster than humans. hence no auto buyouts, ever.

why have trade at all ? because the game is kinda based on that. a lot of people wish it wouldn't, but it was. blizz went the BoA route with D3
"
Pewzor wrote:

Like I said, the player interaction is nothing but a poor excuses used by GGG for not developing a real trading system and by shady traders not wanting to lose their advantage because the fastest way to make money is thru ripping off people and scamming... and with a real trading system rip offs and scams might be eliminated which is a big nono for many whiteknights and poe elite pros.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"

Like I said, the player interaction is nothing but a poor excuses used by GGG for not developing a real trading system and by shady traders not wanting to lose their advantage because the fastest way to make money is thru ripping off people and scamming... and with a real trading system rip offs and scams might be eliminated which is a big nono for many whiteknights and poe elite pros.

"
it lowers the pressure of players to buy stash tabs and so threatens to lower ggg's only income

"
GGG kept the trading system as cancer as possible in order to make money.

Oh and this
"
cherry-picked examples are valid arguments only for you and your whiteknight friends. Everyone else is tired of this shitty meme and wants to trade as fast as possible

Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
The PoE trade system isnt horrible...but its not efficient either. You cant post anything in trade chat until your item instantly gets pushed away from the other spammers.

Finding people who arent afk on poetrade is stupid,,, or the item already sold. Or they just dont reply. The system is broken and at one time maybe worked better when there wasnt as many olayers...but right now its not good.

Something needs to be done because this game runs on economy
"
grepman wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

well then you're basically punishing the players even more, right ? they'd have far less qol than they do now because they have to wait 24hrs for a buyout.

I dont know, seems to me you're kinda trying to work around bots, but why not NOT have them altogether with no autobuyout ?

I mean, lets say you have a goat living in your room. it kinda sucks but you work around it somehow. but wouldnt it be much, much easier to just not have a goat living with you in the first place ?

No, you get a yard/pen and you put the goat outside. What you're doing with a goat in the first place is none of my business ;)

Just because there's a design problem is no excuse to give up. Otherwise, why have trade at all, because RMT? GGG was willing to put in trade despite the problem of RMT, and allocate resources to fight RMT. They can put in an AH and allocate resources to fight AH bots - the easiest solutions being those I outlined, as just an example.

edit: also, make the timer adjustable by the player, then, from 1hr to 24hr. The point is that it's a compromise between instant buyouts, and no buyouts (bids, maybe a reserve and longer timers of 1-5 days).
I dont think there's a design problem. it's more of a qol problem some people insist is bigger than it is- my opinion solely.

clearly, computers are faster and do calculations and actions much faster than humans. hence no auto buyouts, ever.

why have trade at all ? because the game is kinda based on that. a lot of people wish it wouldn't, but it was. blizz went the BoA route with D3

The problem with buyouts is bots. The problem with TRADE is RMT. Your solution to ah bots is to not have buyouts at all. That is the same thinking as, the solution to RMT is not to have trade at all.

So, if it's acceptable to have trade, as long as there is a way to mitigate RMT (like GGG have done), then it's acceptable to have buyouts, as long as there is a way to mitigate AH bots.

Having a buyout timer will mitigate AH bots. Letting sellers manually accept the buyout, over-riding the timer, will make the process interactive, like it is now, but much more convenient because it won't require being online at the same time, partying up, and visiting hideouts.

edit: questioning whether the game should have trade was more a rhetorical one. Basically, if GGG can implement trade despite it enabling RMT, they can enable buyouts despite it enabling AH bots. Using a buyout timer I gave as an example is just one ways they could do it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 30, 2016, 10:11:27 AM
well for every one like you who likes to haggle, there is someone like me who ignores every person who asks for a lower price on items i have already put up at fair market value. I dont know the reason for no auction house but i know a few reasons why we should have one.

1. eliminates problem with afk players
2. eliminates times when you can not trade because you are in labrynth, group, or master's timed mission.
3. eliminates having to interacted with jackasses. fortunately as far as i can tell, the ignore person capability has no limit.

I am wondering if GGG is looking at other games with auction houses (such as blizard) and thinking that auction houses hurt those games. I personally like auction houses and i would cut and paste world of warcraft auction house if i could (with a few slight improvements). This is not because i want to focus on making a fortune. Its because there are too many annoying people in trade. An auction house will not stop these annoying people from doing stupid things on the auction house, but at least i wont have to talk to them.

"
whitewolf67 wrote:
fortunately as far as i can tell, the ignore person capability has no limit.

The limit's 100. It'd be nice if there wasn't one, though.
You act like people do haggle. If you do haggle, or even attempt to, the seller most likely won't respond.

Seriously. Ask people if they will take less, most of the time you get ignored or get a shitty response
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
I really just want a delivery system for low priced items.

Example now when I want a Unique to get a Prohpecy:

Hi, I'd like to buy your x for 1 Alch in Prophecy
User is AFK

User is not logged in

No response

User is AFK

Sry I'm doing Lab

User is not logged in

Sry I'm doing a rota

Ok
Invite
"t4t"
"t4t"
Leave Party

Dafuq LOL

Nice trade interaction. Just deliver me the damn 1 Alch Unique so I can back to getting shitty Prophecies to take off my screen.

Sounds like comedy but sadly this is what I get all day over and over again! :/
We need a t-shirt: "Teh trade interaction is awesome!"
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Threads like this blow my mind. I don't trade much but when I do it is always ridiculously easy. Makes me think all these problems are grossly exaggerated. 99% of the people I whisper reply and the trade goes through. 99% of the whispers I get are the same way even if i reply that I'm in a Zana or soemthing and I'll be a little while. They always say "np" and the trade still happens when I'm finished with the mission. Are you guys just not refreshing the index before whispering? I don't see how you can get so many not logged in messages. I can kinda see how you can get some afk replies but I just haven't had much of an issue with that. If I get that, the next guy responds. I've only had 1 player not respond and not be afk. I did the /whois and he was in a map so I figured he was occupied. What am I doing differently that makes trading so easy when some people are having such a hard time with it?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info