New Keystone Zealot's Oath with Vaal Pact?

Life regeneration applies to energy shield INSTEAD of life.

Is this effect negated by Vaal pact [Life leech applies instantly. LIFE recovery from flasks and REGENERATION has no effect.] or does Vaal pact have no effect because Vaal pact states it only negates regeneration for life, where as I would be regenerating energy shield?
Leech doesn't count as regeneration (and instant recovery definitely doesn't count as regeneration).

The character sheet needs to be updated. It's a planned UI improvement.
I don't think you understand what he is asking. He is asking if Vaal pact negates the effects of Zeolot's Oath (I'm assuming he wants to get both Ghost reaver and Zeolot's). I have not tested it myself, but it seems to me to be likely that Vaal pact would negate the effects of Zeolot's.

My reasoning is as follows: since Vaal pact removes life regen there is no life regen for Zeolot to convert, therefore no ES regen.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
Last edited by geffreyy on Feb 19, 2013, 2:26:46 PM
You are correct, and I did read that incorrectly.
Vaal Pact removes ES regeneration with ZO. (Multiplies zero to your life regeneration, which is then converted to es regeneration.)
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 19, 2013, 2:30:06 PM
"
geffreyy wrote:
I don't think you understand what he is asking. He is asking if Vaal pact negates the effects of Zeolot's Oath (I'm assuming he wants to get both Ghost reaver and Zeolot's). I have not tested it myself, but it seems to me to be likely that Vaal pact would negate the effects of Zeolot's.

My reasoning is as follows: since Vaal pact removes life regen there is no life regen for Zeolot to convert, therefore no ES regen.


All Life regeneration is converted to energy shield regeneration, so there's no life regeneration for VP to negate.. I'm conflicted. I'll try this combo out myself to be sure. Thanks for the input.
"
1337Sauron wrote:
All Life regeneration is converted to energy shield regeneration, so there's no life regeneration for VP to negate.. I'm conflicted. I'll try this combo out myself to be sure. Thanks for the input.


It's like combining Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics. If something is converted, multipliers to both what it started as and what it ends up as are applied. So with Vaal Pact, the life regen is affected by a '100% less life regen' modifier, whether or not it's converted into something else.
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
1337Sauron wrote:
All Life regeneration is converted to energy shield regeneration, so there's no life regeneration for VP to negate.. I'm conflicted. I'll try this combo out myself to be sure. Thanks for the input.


It's like combining Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics. If something is converted, multipliers to both what it started as and what it ends up as are applied. So with Vaal Pact, the life regen is affected by a '100% less life regen' modifier, whether or not it's converted into something else.


ahhh I see. thanks for clearing it up.
Vaal Pact needs a description update now that this distinction with ZO exists, to make this clearer, but no, you won't regen ES if you have both.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Vaal Pact needs a description update


http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/156235

So does zealot's oath. It doesn't do what it implies it does.
"
Completed 14 ChallengesXendran wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Vaal Pact needs a description update


http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/156235

So does zealot's oath. It doesn't do what it implies it does.


That's consistent with Ghost Reaver mechanics(using the ES to determine the cap leeched instead of life if you have it). But yeah could be updated to reflect that, and GR too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info