How does 1H Earthquake compare to 2H Earthquake?

I want to use Earthquake and still be able to block, but I'm looking at the Marohi 2h mace and it's twice as strong as the strongest unique 1h mace. Is 1h Earthquake not worth using? If not, then what skill do 1h+shield characters use?
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 4:04:28 AM
1h EQ can be okay, but it has some problems. Namely, the base attack speed is too high. Generally better to go with static strike. The only way I'd go with EQ for a 1-hander is if you want to do some max block bleed with voidheart--nothing gets a stronger AoE hit than EQ's aftershock, and if you have to wait a bit for that huge bleed it's still worth it. Just remember to stack physical damage over attack speed.
"
Spoiler
1h EQ can be okay, but it has some problems. Namely, the base attack speed is too high. Generally better to go with static strike. The only way I'd go with EQ for a 1-hander is if you want to do some max block bleed with voidheart--nothing gets a stronger AoE hit than EQ's aftershock, and if you have to wait a bit for that huge bleed it's still worth it. Just remember to stack physical damage over attack speed.

Thanks. I have follow-up question on static strike, since you mentioned it. Does it have good synergy with Lacerate? Since they both benefit from larger AOE bonuses.
"synergy"? You never want to use two different primary attack skills, that's just wasteful. If you mean to ask whether you can switch freely between one or the other (leveling the same support gems, using the same weapon, getting the same passives), I'd say generally not: static strike always wants you to scale flat physical and do gained conversion elemental on top of that (weapon elemental damage is really good when you're using static strike, hatred, and herald of ash). Lacerate always wants you to scale, well, "any type of damage". If you run a pure physical-scaling lacerate with hatred and herald of ash, you won't generally be running weapon elemental damage (except maybe as a 6th link after added fire? But probably not even then). And elemental damage in the tree will, in that case, never be as good as physical, whereas static strike doesn't mind some elemental damage increases (though it prefers physical when possible). On the other hand, you can run a pure-elemental lacerage with high-ele foil and scale pure elemental damage with no base physical scaling--this would be a really bad build for static strike, though.
Earthquake is really meant for Marohi Erqi because other weapons can hardly bring out the damage.
"
Spoiler
"synergy"? You never want to use two different primary attack skills, that's just wasteful. If you mean to ask whether you can switch freely between one or the other (leveling the same support gems, using the same weapon, getting the same passives), I'd say generally not: static strike always wants you to scale flat physical and do gained conversion elemental on top of that (weapon elemental damage is really good when you're using static strike, hatred, and herald of ash). Lacerate always wants you to scale, well, "any type of damage". If you run a pure physical-scaling lacerate with hatred and herald of ash, you won't generally be running weapon elemental damage (except maybe as a 6th link after added fire? But probably not even then). And elemental damage in the tree will, in that case, never be as good as physical, whereas static strike doesn't mind some elemental damage increases (though it prefers physical when possible). On the other hand, you can run a pure-elemental lacerage with high-ele foil and scale pure elemental damage with no base physical scaling--this would be a really bad build for static strike, though.

Alright, thanks.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Earthquake is really meant for Marohi Erqi because other weapons can hardly bring out the damage.

Yea, that's what it seems like when you compare it's stats to other weapons.
One of the main draws of DW is attack speed which has anti-synergy with EQ. You need a very strong weapon + possibly EQ helm enchant to compete with Marohi.

Actually, with a faster weapon you can try to time it so that every second hit will have an aftershock, and still get decent dps.
That apparently was popular with Varunastra last league.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
With Varunastra even the slaps between EQs ruled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info