Farming for Brittles at level 75 in Dried Lakes

Will my level hinder this farming? Will the qty go down resulting in more runs to obtain brittle compared to if I were level 68 in the 68 zone? I read something the other day stating that your level affects this; if so, then damn, this 1200 volls challenge is getting less fun by the very, very slow moving level and qty punishment lol.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 12:27:36 PM
Yeah I once did a 5 hour marathon for science and never again... lol.

Gonna just buy Atziri sets. Getting an Ethereal card here or there or just currency drops and little shit helps the burden a bit.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
No, high-end zones have no penalties.

The way to farm for Brittle Emperors is to slap some magicfind items (just an Aurseize and an item rarity gem will be enough, 1-2 ventor rings and/or a rat's nest will also help), speedclear maps with layout type A (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map) and do the unid chaos recipe :)

Depending on your clear speed and practice, you should make enough currency for a brittle emperor every two-three hours, without any lucky unique or exalt drops. Not to mention you'll level gems to 20 pretty quickly and when you sell them, you'll have 1-2 brittle emperors' worth of currency from this alone. If you can afford an initial investment of ~2 exalts, buy 6 empowers/enlightens, put 20 quality on all of them and level them in offhand 6% quality Haku weapons. When they hit level 3, this should be enough for 3-4 brittle emperors by itself if you don't corrupt them, more if you corrupt them all and get one level 4 out of it. Will take longer, though.

Faster, completely reliable and not luck-dependent and won't endanger your sanity that much as you won't be running the same area rushing just the boss again and again.

edit: if you're doing for the challenge, you only need 2 out of 4 objectives and all the other ones are considerably less time consuming.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 28, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
div cards do not rely on rarity, i am told.. qty, however, does affect them.. maybe I am wrong here? its why i use windripper with hatred (to kill with cold damage to procc the qty mod), sadimas, ventor with qty and goldwrym boots.

so, the level you are doesnt affect the qty on the layout?? so ill have the same chance of getting the brittle being lvl 65 or 100 in dried lakes?

oh well, i already used up my RNG 6Ling chest last night

thanks Bars for the insight; already doing those things tho levelling my own enlightens; made much chaos with recipes :D
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Jun 28, 2016, 10:59:27 AM
"
div cards do not rely on rarity, i am told.. qty, however, does affect them.. maybe I am wrong here? its why i use windripper with hatred (to kill with cold damage to procc the qty mod), sadimas, ventor with qty and goldwrym boots.

The person who said equip IIR was joking. Their post was basically "become an MF character, and sell the good shit you find as a result to build your wealth until you can just *buy* brittles instead of killing voll for them". That's why they explicitly said to farm maps instead of voll.
"
"

The person who said equip IIR was joking. Their post was basically "become an MF character, and sell the good shit you find as a result to build your wealth until you can just *buy* brittles instead of killing voll for them". That's why they explicitly said to farm maps instead of voll.

His op strat also doesn't work if everyone starts following it. :)

HikaruYami dude, go eat a sandwich; you seem cranky.. my post is about dried lakes, not about making money from maps to buy brittle divs.. its an option, for sure, but doesnt refer to my specific question
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Jun 28, 2016, 11:15:25 AM
"
HikaruYami dude, go eat a sandwich; you seem cranky.. my post is about dried lakes, not about making money from maps to buy brittle divs.. its an option, for sure, but doesnt refer to my specific question

You seem confused.

"
Zed_ wrote:

His op strat also doesn't work if everyone starts following it. :)

Yeah, should stop writing about that. We need more peons toiling in the fields so we have items to buy.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info