Game Mechanics - Questions and Answers

"
DragoonWraith wrote:
"
Anything without that icon or with a different border is not a buff.

This does not appear to be strictly true. If I have Mantra of Flames, I receive more fire damage when I have Shaper's Seed equipped than without it equipped, but the aura from Shaper's Seed has no icon.

The aura from Shaper's Seed affects allies, not you. So allies do see that icon, but you don't. What you gain from Shaper's Seed is shown in the earlier two mod lines and isn't an aura. The other two lines only affect allies and are an aura. So what Mantra of Flames is counting is that you're 'giving off' a buff, which technically means the buff is 'on' you even if it's not actually benefiting you.

Welcome to PoE game mechanics class. Rule Number 1: Every rule has a complication. :P
"
Exile009 wrote:
So what Mantra of Flames is counting is that you're 'giving off' a buff, which technically means the buff is 'on' you even if it's not actually benefiting you.
Welcome to PoE game mechanics class. Rule Number 1: Every rule has a complication. :P

Except, that's not the case. It shouldn't trigger Mantra of Flames for the wearer.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 28, 2016, 8:26:01 PM
Herald of Ice shattering damage:
1● Is it based on the life of the monster shattering?
2● Can it crit? (Poeple says it doesn't)
3● it should be affected by elemental, cold and AoE dmg right?
4● is it affected by Auras ?
5● is it affected by added dmg and if so what is the dmg effectiveness?
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
This great wall of information is one of the best things to come out of these forums. +1 to you guys at ggg for taking to the time to put these together for the community.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Nice, ty for this!
Hope I'm not too late to the party. Do the bonuses from commander of darkness necromancer ascendancy affect both you and the totems separately thus resulting in the bonuses double dipping? Thank you.
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
Herald of Ice shattering damage:
1● Is it based on the life of the monster shattering?
2● Can it crit? (Poeple says it doesn't)
3● it should be affected by elemental, cold and AoE dmg right?
4● is it affected by Auras ?
5● is it affected by added dmg and if so what is the dmg effectiveness?

1. Check the description. It just lists Damage, yknow.
2. Spells note their Crit Chance in the Gem description. None listed -> no Crit Chance.
3. It is.
4/5. Heralds do not deal Spell Damage with their secondary effects. Anger and Wrath only apply to Spell Damage, and Hatred applies to Physical Damage.

"
TakagiSan wrote:
Hope I'm not too late to the party. Do the bonuses from commander of darkness necromancer ascendancy affect both you and the totems separately thus resulting in the bonuses double dipping? Thank you.

The relevant thread is over here :p It's never too late!
Totems only use your offensive stats, not their own. Giving them extra Cast Speed through Commander of Darkness doesn't do you much good.
Hi.
1.) SRS Damage:
In earlier Question (concerning Minions) you told that the Summon Minion Gem itself is a Spell and the Minions (as long as the Gem is Zombies, Skelettons and SRS) use Melee Attacks.
In the current league I'm playing a 6 linked SRS with Spell Echo and Cast Speed to increase the Summon Spell (for more Spirits cast) and to increase the Damage: Minion Damage, More Physical Damage and More Mellee Damage on full Life.

Does the SRS do Physical Damage at all? I notice many Enemys start to Burn, but is this pure Fire Damage or is there a Physical to Fire Mechanic going on (in short tearms: Is a Raging Spirit affected by Melee Damage increases?)

2.) SRS Life:
Using the Beacon of Corruption Necromancer Passive I noticed that Raging Spirits that expire leave a Poison Cloud. But how many damage will it do? I know that a Raging Spirit can't be damaged so I thought tehy have 1 Life. Can you give any detail on how much Base Life the Raging Spirits summoned by SRS have?

3.) Elemental Status Effects:
I use the Hypothermia Skill Gem to explain my problem. The Skill Gem says:

Hypothermia SupportCold, Support

Mana Multiplier: 120
Requires Level 31
20 to 39)% more Damage against Chilled Enemies
10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled

The last line "10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled" does this mean that all my attacks linked to that Gem will have a Chance to inflict the freeze Status Effect? Or do I have to inflict the corresponding Elemental Damage (in this case any sort of Cold Damage).

For example if I'm using Hypothermia with SRS, will all SRS have a 10% Chance to Freeze Enemies which are chilled (whatever Damage the SRS does), or do they need to do at least 1 Cold Damage?
-> In the last case: Will the test for Status Effects be based on the total Damage inflicted (say, adding all Physical, Fire and Cold Damage the SRS inflicts) or only on the pure Cold Damage?

thank you :-)
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
How come there isn't a spear item?

The closest thing we have is the Judgement Staff... but it's not a spear. Is it too awkward mechanically or just an aesthetic choice? I see that there is a microtransaction for a spear skin though...

I want to recreate a spear/javelin build (*smiles inwardly to the glory days of Javazons*).

(WHOOPS! MEANT TO PUT THIS IN THE DEV Q/A)
Last edited by gloryhole88 on Jun 29, 2016, 1:50:44 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
I'd like a clarification on the damage calculation for skills. Am I understanding it correctly that it goes like: Net Damage = ([Base Damage * Sum of Increased Damage Modifiers] * Product of More Damage Modifiers)

This part is roughly correct, yes.

I always thought damage was calculated as:

[Base Damage * (1 + Sum of Increased Damage Modifiers)] * [1 + Sum of More Damage Modifiers]

Hence the roughly correct. The more dmg modifiers are most likely coded as 30% more dmg in code is a 1.3 dmg modifier. Increased is probably added like you said though. And you realise that without some accommodation for the 100% Base dmg you have a character without increased dmg would deal deal 0 dmg. He just found it unnecessary to specify where that's added.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info