2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

never lvl99 d2 character, never level 100 poe character.

i don't think everyone should be getting to 100, dunno why there are so many tears
"
Voroseeg wrote:
The race to 100 was never fast, you just nerfed it based on the streamers that played the game 24/7 with top gear, OP meta builds and +30% packsize Gorge rotations.

I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
For real though, I stopped playing poe because of this. Reaching 100 is something I wanted to do but I never will because I do not have a mapping group, and my map drop rates are abysmal. I have hopes GGG will stop balancing the game based on streamers, but I doubt it.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Last edited by POOPHAMMER on Jun 28, 2016, 5:34:44 AM
"
visibledark wrote:
"
Voroseeg wrote:
The race to 100 was never fast, you just nerfed it based on the streamers that played the game 24/7 with top gear, OP meta builds and +30% packsize Gorge rotations.

I second that.

I agree to disagree.

Not because some (popular) people hit level 100 too fast for you mean that everyone need to be able to reach it at the same pace.

When we talk about level 100 race, we should talk about 'grinding experience'. Everyone's goal is different, even between two players grinding for xp it's different. You may set your personnal goal to lvl 100, 95, 90, 80 etc.

Reaching a certain level used to be a thing. Reaching lvl 80 used to be something. Lvl 90 used to be an achievment. Level 100 was only for the best.

Yes you may still enjoy your first level 90 but then ? It's so easy nowadays (because of OP meta builds) to get to level 90+ that it's not fun anymore. You don't even need to know how to play the game (okay maybe you need some knowledge if you play HC) ?

I have that feeling that I now need one full week to reach my goal and then I have pretty much nothing left to do (except if I find something else to do like challenges). I don't enjoy that much rerolling, grinding xp was a good thing for me at least when it was something that requiere some skill.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:
#makeFrogsGreatAgain

I spoke to the art team. While they won't be gigantic, they and some other pets will probably be increased in size. I can't promise a timeline on this, but maybe soon.

The monkey is very small, and some spiders..
Slow leveling is not the problem. The problem is there is no point running 81+ maps. All of them have bad layouts compared to Gorge/Plateau. Which has a bigger impact at this point than the minuscule differences in effective monster level.

On top of that they are not sustainable - even if you throw your currency tab at them. This also means you won't find rotations for them - unless you're part of some sort of elite mapping guild/community. Groups clear a lot faster when everything gets one-shotted by the basic fact that more players increase coverage.

This means the vast majority of your players will end up running Gorges/Plateaus ad nauseum.

Once again GGG is catering to the boring racers...
How about looking at the vast majority of players who are casual?
Who gives a shit about a few racers reaching lvl 100 to fast?

I want an all round character mf/damage/survivable/fast/boss...
This can only be archived by reaching a very high lvl... I'm lvl 93 currently, and I estimate that I need at least 2 more lvl to get there...

The grind is just terrible and boring... And I don't want multiple characters...

I know that some people will say: Your free to leave.
But 2 things:

1. I love this game concept, only problem is the relentless catering to racers... Really who gives a shit about them?
2. If there was a better arpg, or even just one as good as poe, I probably would have left already... But there isn't... Not even close...

End of rant ;)
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Jun 28, 2016, 6:24:30 AM
Double post...
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Jun 28, 2016, 6:23:19 AM
the problem the game had was nolifers getting top drops and exerience. people complained about the limited accessibility of red maps and not getting anywhere

by making red maps bad for leveling, ggg kind of solved that problem, you either run red maps and get top items but few xp OR you run average maps, get more xp but shit tier items.

doesn't stop people from complaining though, all they want is unlimited access to red maps, top tier drops and massive xp. and they won't stop until they got that.

would it be bad for build diversity and so for the game? who cares about the game, all i want is ...

"
TrueDarkend wrote:
The grind is just terrible and boring... And I don't want multiple characters...

wrong game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 28, 2016, 6:31:33 AM
"
vio wrote:
doesn't stop people from complaining though, all they want is unlimited access to red maps and top tier drops. and they won't stop until they got that.

Seriously? Maybe it's just because it's tedious as fuck to constantly run T9-T11 maps with your lvl96+ character?
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info