2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Game no longer as much fun around ~ 88+ progress slows down makes the later levels feel chore-some.

This

yeap. the reason i quit
"
pathofplaying wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Game no longer as much fun around ~ 88+ progress slows down makes the later levels feel chore-some.

This

yeap. the reason i quit

Exactly, if before it was HARD to leveling, right now its just useless time wasting without any progress at all.

It become actual "work", not the game with fun.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

Who cares about them ? I don't.

I don't how many users you have but if you continue to alienate the "most" players, to benefit the few, then the "most" players will leave.

I agree with TreeOfDead. Getting from 88 to 90 is a chore now. If you want us to continue playing (and thus give you money), you have to stop hating us (10% penalty of L88 is way more than the 10% penalty of L80)

If the few hundred elite players get bored - they can leave.

If you want to cater to the elites, scale the XP penalty differently. They can get knocked back to 0% XP everytime they die. That will give 'em a challenge.

Or better yet, let them all go play hardcore.

On the 2.0.4. post it was said "Watching the intense challenge as players complete to reach this amazing accomplishment would be more fun for the community if it lasted longer." (probably should have been compete, not complete) - who the hell is watching ?

X
Last edited by xyllywyt on Jan 17, 2017, 6:23:57 PM
I'm currently at 93 without even trying. If you can't make it past 88 you need to look at your build.

No matter what level I am I don't exactly aim to die so 10% penalty is fine and makes you learn not just mindless click untill you win.

I'm sure they can see the figures of how many people are at what level and how long it takes and have scaled it properly I personally think it's fine I'll hit 100 in no time at this rate.
"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal. The harder grind also more clearly signals to players who like building alternate characters roughly when to reroll.

proof or it didn't happen...

I doubt, that there is a majority of players with the hig-lvl-goal who "like" the extra "challenge" of reduced exp.

lol, trying the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Isn't this the third time you reduce xp? did it change anything for the top1% of meta-gamers who dedicate their full time to reach 100?
I wouldn't say so.

Correct me, didn't it take like only 17days in Breach for the first player to reach 100?
And by the way: that guy went from 99 to 100 in something like 26hrs. I saw both of the announcements in chat when I was online during both days (it was a saturday evening for 1st lvl99 and sunday evening for 1st lvl100)
So, what would a 5% reduction (or a 10% or even 20%) in exp mean for him? Something like 5% more time used? Thats like 20,4hrs... lol, you really would say that bothers him or this is worth it to increase it for all those who need 2-3months to reach 95?

The most simple solution with guaranteed results would be to reduce the amount of level-ups per time. Like, for example, only once every 24 hours after lvl 90. For the majority of your players with a normal job, family and other responsibilities or interests, this should not be a big issue.
No, I'm nt kidding. I want to reach lvl100, too, without having to spend time in standard OR reducing my life to eat-sleep-poe. Is that too much to ask for?

btw: 251players at lvl100 3weeks away from league-end are too many for your taste?

[edit: Thanks to Kev265 for pointing out the mistake with AND or OR highlighted bold]
Last edited by haensel on Feb 8, 2017, 10:23:54 AM
"
haensel wrote:

The most simple solution with guaranteed results would be to reduce the amount of level-ups per time. Like, for example, only once every 24 hours after lvl 90. For the majority of your players with a normal job, family and other responsibilities or interests, this should not be a big issue.
No, I'm nt kidding. I want to reach lvl100, too, without having to spend time in standard AND reducing my life to eat-sleep-poe. Is that too much to ask for?

Is it just me that thinks this makes no sense? Your seriously saying you deserv to be high level without putting in any effort because you have better things to do? Wow ....
"
Kev265 wrote:
"
haensel wrote:

No, I'm nt kidding. I want to reach lvl100, too, without having to spend time in standard AND reducing my life to eat-sleep-poe. Is that too much to ask for?

Is it just me that thinks this makes no sense? Your seriously saying you deserv to be high level without putting in any effort because you have better things to do? Wow ....

Sorry, you are right. It needs to be OR.
And don't forget the additional XP penalty levied against characters level 95 and up;

"

Other Balance Changes:

Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

source: 2.4.0 Patch Notes

I am good with the 2.3.0 changes, but the 2.4.0 added nerfs STILL seriously chaps my ass.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
I would get bored if I manage to play to level 100 in any league.
Level 100 should be something that only the most playing players can reach in a league and should be out of sight for the others.

what is so bad in only getting the char (or several) to level 90 in the time of the league ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info