2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
Manator wrote:
"We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal."

Grind harder? How did you found? Who told you? Care to share your source? You mean grind longer in gorge/plateau? Thanks for such great decision. You know what? Your business model is fail. Great f2p games encourages players to spent money to achieve high end content faster. That's why they flourish. Yours not. Because you fail to create endgame for years. You cannot make working trade platform. You cannot fix your performance issues. You cba even update your main webside. Your lead dev prefers fucking reddit over official forums.
Good luck.

They will never answer this question. I asked it on Page 2. And I am still waiting.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Manator wrote:
"We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal."

Grind harder? How did you found? Who told you? Care to share your source? You mean grind longer in gorge/plateau? Thanks for such great decision. You know what? Your business model is fail. Great f2p games encourages players to spent money to achieve high end content faster. That's why they flourish. Yours not. Because you fail to create endgame for years. You cannot make working trade platform. You cannot fix your performance issues. You cba even update your main webside. Your lead dev prefers fucking reddit over official forums.
Good luck.

They will never answer this question. I asked it on Page 2. And I am still waiting.

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
One of the places I get bored in POE is the after Level 90 grind. I'm not a player who doesn't die. So, when you get to this level, it's tough. Because you begin in a map grind, you get an average of 1% level per map(100 maps to level!), on the 5th or 6th map some weird mob decides to one-shot you, (or you do an unidentified map for a challenge, and it turns out to be a reflect map)and there goes 10 maps worth of work.... and you're back to <1 level. That's what gets me, when the penalty outweighs the grind.
"
Styles1125 wrote:
One of the places I get bored in POE is the after Level 90 grind. I'm not a player who doesn't die. So, when you get to this level, it's tough. Because you begin in a map grind, you get an average of 1% level per map(100 maps to level!), on the 5th or 6th map some weird mob decides to one-shot you, (or you do an unidentified map for a challenge, and it turns out to be a reflect map)and there goes 10 maps worth of work.... and you're back to <1 level. That's what gets me, when the penalty outweighs the grind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4v82dl/reached_lvl_100_on_prothecy_sc_stats_inside/

Wow look at how many red maps it took this guy to reach 100.

Looks like he really enjoys a harder grind.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4v82dl/reached_lvl_100_on_prothecy_sc_stats_inside/

Wow look at how many red maps it took this guy to reach 100.

Looks like he really enjoys a harder grind.

Spoiler

and that is how boring is to run over 1k gorges for nothing , at the point that 2 gorges worth same than t14 maps
Last edited by Abax11 on Jul 30, 2016, 1:29:49 PM
Maybe this is what Chris meant by "harder grind"? Hard not because of difficulty but because of boredom?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Hitting 100 really isn't that difficult. The first character I ever leveled past 90 hit 100 in less than 10 days /played. That's with 15(?)+ deaths 90+ and 22 in total.

It's not that bad of a grind.
Last edited by jdanceASMR on Aug 1, 2016, 3:32:42 AM
Things I like about the game:

Skill point system. Without it I would never have bothered playing and kept on playing.

Items are usable by all classes, no cloth drops only for wizards.

No soul bound shit.

Things I hate about the game:

Always feeling like I'm lacking important information about anything I try and do besides entering an area and killing loads of stuff as I run around like a headless chicken.

Reaching level 80+ and finding running around like a headless chicken isn't cutting it anymore.

Reaching level 80+ and finding that going up another level is getting harder and harder to do but seeing no clear path on how to progress further besides running around like a headless chicken.

Reaching level 80+ and finding that my level isn't what's holding me back anymore but the gear and currency I don't have stopping me from progressing further.

Reaching level 80+ and attempting to change my char's gear and skill points to a suggested 'good' build only to find I need many exalts to buy the gear to make it work.

Reaching level 80+ and deciding to give 'crafting' a go but finding that the currency I need to 'craft' gear equal to my level never drops for me.

Reaching level 80+ and finding out I'm in a catch 22 position. The good currency and items I want drop in the places I can't do and I don't have the currency to buy the items I need to do the higher level things which would allow me to get the good drops that let me make the currency to do the higher level things.

Running a load of low level maps and watching my xp gain become slower and slower as I need more of it to level up.

Running a load of maps with only the hope of getting to the next level keeping me going because I know nothing useful is going to drop in the maps I can do that will help me progress.

Feeling stuck and like I'm running in place with no way out of the rut I'm in.

Having no desire to repeat the same experience with another char.

Developers making it harder for me to level up by reducing the exp I gain.

The way I see it this game is a lot like life but where level 100 is reaching age 30.

You're born, you have fun crying, pooping and babbling unintelligently for a while. You master the basics of waste management and communication but continue to have some fun for a little while longer. Then school starts.

Everyone's trying to tell you things and what to do. Nothing makes sense and it only gets harder the older you get.

Then bam puberty kicks in and suddenly a whole new area of your life opens up and you're even more confused then you were before. Worst still you start to feel like you don't measure up to everyone else and are falling behind.

Somehow you make it to 18 and now things are even worse because 2 horrible words called 'responsibility' and 'accountability' enter your life.

At 21 you're just starting to think you've got a handle on everything and then by 25 you're in more debt than a small 3rd world country, have a mortgage you'll still be paying off after your dead, a baby and spouse sucking up the rest of the money you make and a low paying dead end job that's sucking up what little time and fun you otherwise could be having to do what you want to do.

You look around at other people that have reached 30 and find while you're slugging away at your dead end job, putting all you have into it in order to get it to pay out peanuts, their job looks so easy a monkey could do it but it's paying out gold nuggets every second.

Their spouse is smarter, more attractive and kinder than yours. Their kids are well-behaved and looked after by a nanny. They also take frequent holidays and have their own private jet.

Age 26 govenment comes along and attempts to make life harder for the rich and perfect 30 year olds. Suddenly your jobs paying less and you can't pay your mortgage.

You have a mental breakdown and take refuge in an asylum happily crying, pooping yourself and babbling unintelligently again.
I have done so much with so little for so long I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Last edited by d4rk5oul on Aug 6, 2016, 5:47:26 PM
Others have voiced their dislike (and their reasoning) much better than I could have done. I'm not liking this at experience nerf at all, at all.

As others have stated, this only hurts the more casual player, which is the vast majority of players, over the few that runs maps 24/7 for 2 months straight in group/team play.

So the game mechanics are as such now.

1) make the real end-game content so incredibly difficult that only those who manage to get to higher levels with elite gear can accomplish it. (ok, fair enough, I get that)

2) now make is so incredibly time consuming to get to a high enough level to actually be end-game viable that the causal player stops giving a shit.

IDK, I almost always play solo as it's difficult to find casual players that want to team up. Most people, from what I've seen in the game, don't really care for team play. Most casual players usually only ask for help getting past some boss while traveling through the acts.

GGG has forced upon the vast majority of their player base the gaming mechanics of the <1%.

I'm not supporting the game anymore until this changes.

1 by 1, the player base and support shrinks. That's how it works GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info