going into exile first time

Hello all,
I have arrived in wraeclast on my path into exile from d3.
Suddenly grinding is fun again and items are more than just another forgotten soul, worth to have a look at. In the past I played both diablo games and addons, also other games like titan quest or sacred. When d3 was released it was a new kind of grinding than in Lords of destruction, cannot be compared to it. It is fun, but it misses the character individual builds and classes. It took me years to finally have enough of grifting and be again open for another game. Often I was told to try PoE from friends and only my small internet speed connection held me back to do the download of poE. 10th of june, the day I did it and took first steps at the beach of this foreign land and game.
I played torchlight1+2 and did my level100 chars, so I recognized the same mechanics about wayports and quests and all remembered me to diablo2, a game i just loved.

First levelling and the moment I started to think about, what is better for me, going on selffound, no poe trade and trying with own skilltree ideas, doing it my way or follow a guide from others by even using trading to get the needed items for perfection.
I will take the long way first to understand more of the mechanics about items and affixes with selffound until a point, where trading will be must have to go on.
At the moment I have to say, I seem to be the unlucky grinder. By 61 levels there have been 5-6 uniques, not really of use worthy. But there are some items my next hero might like to use. So I will not stop with the witch for test the game more intense way.

Sometimes the game is not totaly good performing and even kick outs to login or desktop have been. Also hard lagging with high latency, but it seems to be the problem of online games.

I would like to know some things, so I want to ask you.
Is there a list about actual global chats and what languages, ´cause would like to know about a german chat channel for noobs loke me.
I have seen the trading system is working about poe trade in videos, but there is need for much more stash room than the game offers for free - is there a way to play the game to earn stash without paying for coins, guess with steam. I am not using steam, how to get more stash?
Ingame there are npc vendors giving me orbs for items, is it possible to craft unique items by materials, maybe white item and gems? If it is, can I find it on wiki?

Perhaps there are other new players like me, who want to play as group but are afraid as a beginner not to know, what to do - lets find out together without haste or fast running through. We can do so with next character, better knowing what we do. Add me, I am playing on european server frankfurt battle tag is gannicus2491. Maybe we played before in d3.
We can use TS, but not everybody wants to use it, so we are for the game by using chat.

Here is my idea of witch for poe:
I wanted minions and i want a lot of them, so I treid the passive skill tree for more minions death attunement, lord of the dead, gravepact and grave intensions.
Also I wanted to do fire damage to burn everything and ignite my enemies, so I followed the skills for fire breath and heart of flames. The rest of the tree tries to have socket for juwels or mana.
As skills I am using the 8 zombies with support life, speed and damage
the spectral minion with life and damage support
a flame golem with chance to ignite, concentrade effect and increased burning damage support
these are my band of blockers skills with pets
also i do damage by firestorm with culling strike and spell echo support and with
flameblast and manaleech support.
For more fire i am using the flammability with blasphemy support as kind of aura.
My aura is clarity.
The biggest damage comes from a indirect totem with magma orbs supported by spell totem, lesser and greater multple projectiles.

It brought me to level61 by having only 4link. But I hope for finding more linked items.

This is my start into this great game and i have to say it is huge, bigger and everything is unknown for me. It will take some time to know it better by good old learning by doing.

have fun and good luck to all
Last edited by Gannicus2491 on Jun 27, 2016, 5:45:12 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 8:35:25 PM
Welcome Exile, have fun it's a blast, great game.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Hi And welcome!

No free stash tabs other than 4. Stash tabs are thier bread and butter they aint given them away. But what you can do is make mules. Up to 24 more characters to hold all your stuff. Give them names like Gannicus2491_wands Gannicus2491_maps Gannicus2491_gloves, etc.

You can craft unique with chance orbs and appropriate base but odds are astronomical like 1000:1.

99% unique are good BTW. You just havnt figured out build enabling use.

I dont know anything about chat or socializing much sorry..solo all the way here.

GLHF

PS easist way to get a 6L SF is farm aqueduct for humility cards. Should take less than half a day.
2nd easiest is crypt map for justicar cards. But thats a armor base so color hard for casters.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 27, 2016, 6:01:49 PM
Play in the tree and figure things out on your own at first. It is the fastest way to learn, but comes with a price of failure at the beginning.
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
Here is my idea of witch for poe:
I wanted minions and i want a lot of them, so I treid the passive skill tree for more minions death attunement, lord of the dead, gravepact and grave intensions.
Also I wanted to do fire damage to burn everything and ignite my enemies, so I followed the skills for fire breath and heart of flames. The rest of the tree tries to have socket for juwels or mana.
As skills I am using the 8 zombies with support life, speed and damage
the spectral minion with life and damage support
a flame golem with chance to ignite, concentrade effect and increased burning damage support
these are my band of blockers skills with pets
also i do damage by firestorm with culling strike and spell echo support and with
flameblast and manaleech support.
For more fire i am using the flammability with blasphemy support as kind of aura.
My aura is clarity.
minions and fire? well you could beat "normal" game with non-focused build but don't expect having much fun in maps.
"
The biggest damage comes from a indirect totem with magma orbs supported by spell totem, lesser and greater multple projectiles.
You understand that LMP and GMP damage penalties are multiplicative? Try switching one of them to Fire penetration.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Go try the Lab, some say its the best content in the game
"
silumit wrote:
minions and fire? well you could beat "normal" game with non-focused build but don't expect having much fun in maps.

From experience, I can say that this is not correct. Hybrid minion/spellcaster is an awesome build, and is lots of fun. Using minions as a meat shield increases your survivability, especially against bosses, and the damage they do supplements your own damage. And that's not to mention Necromancer's 'your offering skills also affect you' passive.
Sure you won't be a dps warrior (not enough passive points for damage + life/defenses + minions + crit), but you can easily and safely run T10+ maps without an issue. It's probably even safer than SRS since you can leech with your spell.

Zombies in a minion helm, main spell in your chest or staff; run around with your zombros and toast some bad guys.

-------------
PS: Most players won't get a map-viable character on their first go; I'm just talking about the build in general.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 27, 2016, 10:07:03 PM
Hi Gannicus2491,

Welcome to Path of Exile, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Just to let you know that if you ever have any questions or issues please feel free to email support@grindinggear.com or contact any of the GGG staff via PM or in-game.

Good luck with your adventures in Wraeclast!
been playing over 3 years and I am learning new things all the time!!! still feels good to 6L items (just linked my 12th thing yesterday).. its like the lottery but without spending IRL money haha.

you can spend countless hours pouring over guides, making your own version, skill gem testing (figuring out the best combos), farming voll for the precious brittle emperor cards (or springs for HH div)..

its the ONLY game that I play everyday for at least 2 hours.. never get bored.. have lots of toons past level 91... the girnd is real (only the very determined and slightly skilled can get to 100 but its an amazing goal and one day, when I reach that AND/OR find a mirror, will I feel like I've experienced the end game)

point being, it has its flaws BUT with that, comes a very dedicated team of programmers/employees who think out of the box, try new things, listen to the community and have AWESOME mtx (you can buy the mtx to help support them as the game is a free game)

also, try some tested and true build guides out there to acquaint yourself with the massive skill tree.. then after you've done your tinkering, try something on your own... i love this aspect of the game... im pretty confident over my knowledge on the right side of the tree cause Rangers are my fav and can whip together a tree pretty fast..

POE is love. POE is life ♥
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Welcome to Path of Exile ! Hope you will enjoy the run.
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info