Take dead people off the ladder in 4 month race.

So the guy who made it to 98 and died is less skilled then the guy who made it to 81 and hasn't died yet?

I think it's fine the way it is, if you can't level past someone who is dead and can't level anymore, then you probably aren't better then them.
"
So the guy who made it to 98 and died is less skilled then the guy who made it to 81 and hasn't died yet?

Precisely, that's the point of HC. HC characters should only get one life meaning when a character dies it should lose all progress associated with it.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

Precisely, that's the point of HC. HC characters should only get one life meaning when a character dies it should lose all progress associated with it.

Ohh well in that case my level 1 HC char is awesome, been alive sooooo long. I am super skilled at HC I know how not to die.
The problem with what you're asking for is that it would cause the top players to stagnate. They would have to weigh the risk of playing at all with the rewards for playing. At some point, they would be better off not playing any more. Not a good model for a game.
"
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

Ohh well in that case my level 1 HC char is awesome, been alive sooooo long. I am super skilled at HC I know how not to die.

Reductio ad absurdum deus ex machina ftw! But doesn't matter either way, this SC mindset has already been well established by how GGG has defined 'HC' in game. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. So don't think I'm trying to flame you specifically, just find it frustrating generally.

Edit @ shags: 'that character anymore' is what you meant to say. Which would be a part of the strategy as in - how much should I push this character before I retire it to stay on top of the ladder? and - Oh no, someone has pushed past my retired character! Do I risk it and level or accept my place?
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jun 27, 2016, 6:56:19 PM
Yup. Crappy game when you have to decide if you should or shouldn't play it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yup. Crappy game when you have to decide if you should or shouldn't play it.

Again, that specific character which again would be a part of the strategy. It's just like having a MF character that isn't the same character as your summoner, or your aura supporter or your tank except this 'ladder' character's specific purpose would be to compete with other HC ladder characters.
I'm pretty sure dead people don't count for ladder prizes. Having your name listed in the ladder after you die is basically just taunting you - like, LOL, look what you could have got if you hadn't died.

That's how it works in races anyway - they need to keep your character in the list so they can award race points based on how high your character got. But you won't get a 'top 10' prize if you die, even if you are 1st. Dead means 'out of the race'.
If you want to see if you will get a prize based on your place, you just ignore the dead people.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I'm pretty sure dead people don't count for ladder prizes. Having your name listed in the ladder after you die is basically just taunting you - like, LOL, look what you could have got if you hadn't died.

That's how it works in races anyway - they need to keep your character in the list so they can award race points based on how high your character got. But you won't get a 'top 10' prize if you die, even if you are 1st. Dead means 'out of the race'.
If you want to see if you will get a prize based on your place, you just ignore the dead people.

No. It doesn't. That's the point. It was like that at the start, but they changed it to the current rules and it's much much better the way it currently is. People who are competing play their best until they die. They don't lose their progress because they die, they just stop progressing.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 27, 2016, 10:17:10 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

oh, and for softcore, have a RIP count

You can use /deaths to see how many times your character has died.

He's worried about other players.

I am simply curious. Nice going Mr.Strawman
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 27, 2016, 10:48:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info