Evasion and Lab Traps - currently useless

Hi GGG,

I have one question only. When you where creating the mini Tomb Raider games for us, also called the traps sections in lab did you guys ever though about evasion, or just gone with: "well... they will have to managed" ?

At the moment evasion does nothing for lab, apart from being utterly useless especially against traps.

Isnt the whole point of evasion is to evade stuff, or do I missing something? So why does evasion do not work against traps? Is it so hard to implement this feature in the game? I mean why with 60% evasion and 30% to dodge traps still have 100% chance to hit me?

Please make evasion a viable option for labs too, especially for all of people who dont have 5 or 10 hours a day to play the game, as we have work, family and other responsibilities (we are also called casuals, cause we have a life).

Gone on a bit of rant here...

TL;DR
give +1 if you think evasion should work against traps in lab

thanks
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 27, 2016, 5:23:02 AM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 2:12:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think they could change it because EV was never designed to work against traps anyway.

Making traps do a % of life probably made the lab easier for an EV build since they generally have lower life than AR builds, thus easier time regening to full with life flasks.

Plus EV builds generally have high movement speed anyway. Just grab a quicksilver and some life potions and you can just brute force and run through ignoring 90% of the traps lol that's what I do.
Eh Meh traps are simple with movement skills and a quiverskill hell one quicksilver is enough.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Eh Meh traps are simple with movement skills and a quiverskill hell one quicksilver is enough.

agree for normal to merciless lab it's pretty easy.

uber lab is a different story, it would be manageable if destroying these new respawning traps would grant flask charges.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"

agree for normal to merciless lab it's pretty easy.

uber lab is a different story, it would be manageable if destroying these new respawning traps would grant flask charges.

One is enough too in uber :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Labyrinth is fine for evasion characters. You got movement skills and 3,6% life regain on right side of the passive tree.

Is it as efficient as a dedicated armor uber lab farmer? No. Is it doable ? Sure - it is not very hard. Just wear 2 health flasks, 1 quicksilver 1 basalt and you are golden.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Labyrinth is fine for evasion characters. You got movement skills and 3,6% life regain on right side of the passive tree.

Is it as efficient as a dedicated armor uber lab farmer? No. Is it doable ? Sure - it is not very hard. Just wear 2 health flasks, 1 quicksilver 1 basalt and you are golden.

Yeah for Merc Lab Evasion is likely better than Armor, for Uber it is a bit different, however CI Occultist is propably even better. It also depends a lot about the type of traps you encounter. Against Spikes Evasion is not that good, the high movespeed helps but not as much since you are better of just figuring the pattern out. For Sawblades and the other moving traps Evasion is a lot better, also Evasion can still get flat physical damage reduction, which might actually be the only thing that matters, armor in itself also doesn't prevent damage over time anyway.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Yeah for Merc Lab Evasion is likely better than Armor, for Uber it is a bit different, however CI Occultist is propably even better. It also depends a lot about the type of traps you encounter. Against Spikes Evasion is not that good, the high movespeed helps but not as much since you are better of just figuring the pattern out. For Sawblades and the other moving traps Evasion is a lot better, also Evasion can still get flat physical damage reduction, which might actually be the only thing that matters, armor in itself also doesn't prevent damage over time anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how can evasion be better than anything else when it provides absolutely no protection at all against traps?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I don't think they could change it because EV was never designed to work against traps anyway.

Making traps do a % of life probably made the lab easier for an EV build since they generally have lower life than AR builds, thus easier time regening to full with life flasks.

Plus EV builds generally have high movement speed anyway. Just grab a quicksilver and some life potions and you can just brute force and run through ignoring 90% of the traps lol that's what I do.

If anything, EV builds neer more buffer than AR build, not the other way around.

What exactly is easier with armor than evasion ?
Most traps but dars don't care.
Darts dmg can be reduced, and evaded according to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1649262

The new traps ?
Most of them are magic .. then the bleeding ones ? No idea about that one, just crush it or don't get near.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Maybe ive been tipsy but I evade/dodge darts on my ev chars lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info