[Suggestion] Make same Maps roll for different tiers

I don't know if someone already brought up this idea, but i'm getting bored of grinding the same T12-15 maps - always same layout, same monsters (unless its rolled otherwise) and no variety in maps at all.

So i just had this idea: have maps roll in every tier (1-15) or in an certain tier range? For example Gorge could roll in tier 9-12, Wasteland in 12-14, necropolis in 10-12 etc. (just giving examples, could be varied). Just to point out: map drops are NOT the problem. It's just the low variety of higher tier maps.

Of course this is just a rough idea and not all may agree with me. But i think this could be a nice change.
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 6:09:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This should've been done ages ago.

We also need to "go back" on the number of different monster spawn in maps. The difference between maps will feel bigger - and give more diversity.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
A gentle push since my thread got moved.
That idea was discussed in the last State of Exile #56.

If not my suggestion to GGG to allow us to use other maps to add them to get a higher tier level on a normally low tier map, since GGG seems to always want to invoke the almighty RNG rather than give us direct control over this then I'd welcome getting maps such as Tropical Island, Dunes, etc. at a T2 to T10 level and mid tier maps all the way up to T15.

I still would prefer that GGG give us the choice to pick which low level map we want to raise up to a higher tier:

Great solution to the map tier conundrum of not getting enough high level map drops
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 27, 2016, 11:03:34 AM
I see, so even streamers suggest a change of the map system, thanks for pointing it out.

Combining multiple maps in the map device could be also fun, it could combine their rolls, so they are more dangerous, but give more rewards.
How about a new vendor recipe: Any map + GCP = +1 to map tier. GGG would likely want to set a max tier limit to prevent map XP abuse.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jun 27, 2016, 2:28:18 PM
People have asked for this ever since they introduced Zana and showed how easily they could implement it. It's too bad that most people will rarely ever play some map tilesets because they are either low tier so offer little to high level players or high level and are too rare to be found by most players.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 27, 2016, 2:23:11 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
People have asked for this ever since they introduced Zana and showed how easily they could implement it. It's too bad that most people will rarely ever play some map tilesets because they are either low tier so offer little to high level players or high level and are too rare to be found by most players.

People say that they can do it just because of Zana, but at the same time people need to keep in mind the maps that are used for zana missions are limited, plus the combination of mods. Map bosses typically are balanced for the tier they naturally reside in and the challenge they present will be vastly different in a non fixed map mod style.

I mean village ruin was removed from zana missions because it was "too hard" so you can only imagine how painful it would be to get a lower tiered one...
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Contractor wrote:
I see, so even streamers suggest a change of the map system, thanks for pointing it out.

Combining multiple maps in the map device could be also fun, it could combine their rolls, so they are more dangerous, but give more rewards.

Hey, don't knock them. One of the streamers that's always on the Exile podcast is ZiggyD and he routinely communicates with Chris and get's to test new skills and content before it goes live so he has clout with GGG. That's a good thing so maybe this will gain traction.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info