please let us mute character sounds

The grunts can get quite annoying when every time you cast a spell or use an attack you hear "HUA" "URRRGH" "BLARGGHGH"

I want to hear the rest of the game but this makes me mute everything.

Would be nice if you added a slider for grunt noises... or at least make them stop spamming on things you spam! Like, maybe just play the sound every 30th attack/spell.

Drives me crazy!!
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 1:50:04 PM
I have a fix for this that we should hopefully get to soon.

It should be easy enough for us to decrease play chance as attack/cast speed increases. Which should really cut back the amount of times it's played.
The audio guy.
Last edited by Andrew_GGG on Jun 26, 2016, 5:10:12 PM
Awesome man! Glad to hear it :)
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
I have a fix for this that we should hopefully get to soon.

It should be easy enough for us to decrease play chance as attack/cast speed increases. Which should really cut back the amount of times it's played.

If you made it so the sound can't overlap with it self you could then add some silence to the end of the audio clips to reduce the frequency of it ^_^" but I think this isn't a very flexible solution.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Yeah, that's something I've done in the past with sounds. The only problem with it is the silent audio still counts as an active sound instance and takes up an audio channel, so not ideal!

In saying that we just implemented a "cooldown" feature that effectively lets us do the same thing from code, this will be added between now and 2.4.0, it's not my preferred solution for character grunts but a fairly good temporary one. This also fixes a bunch of problems with excessive combat sounds causing audio stutter and general sound weirdness.
The audio guy.
"
dantven wrote:
The grunts can get quite annoying when every time you cast a spell or use an attack you hear "HUA" "URRRGH" "BLARGGHGH"

I loved playing a duelist using leap slam as a movement skill because of this. Especially when you enter the mines level 2 and all that rumbling happens:

"HUA" "URRRGH" "BLARGGHGH" "URRRGH" "URRRGH" "BLARGGHGH" "HUA" "URRRGH" "Actually, I'm not really sure I like the sound of that." "HUA" "URRRGH" "BLARGGHGH" ....
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I was just going to post the same thing. I really don't like the attack sound repeating so often. I'm not sure but it seems that the scion class seems to be playing the attack sound more often than the other classes...

A volume slider would be nice, but I'd prefer just to make the attack sound less frequent (like one in 30th attack as someone already suggested).

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info