Should GGG be giving 8 tabs now free?

"
It's P2W until they provide one trade tab

Cry more, there is nothing you can do with a trade tab you can't do without one with very little effort.
All purchaseable tabs are pay2win, and that's a very slippery slope.

I personally forgive them this because they have managed all this time not to slide down that slippery slope. So far, purchaseable tabs are the ONLY p2w mtx in this game.
Wash your hands, Exile!
They should decrease the cost of tabs or add larger tab bundles with much greater savings.

If you spend $50 on stash tabs you shouldn't worry about space, ever. At that point any arguments about free to play go out the window, because you've paid the full retail cost of a AAA title. But that's just + ~26 tabs (6 premium) if bought on sale, and if you've played a long time (collecting many art arts, legacies, etc.), you're still hurting for space.

PoE's MTX shop is more like major transactions, not micro.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 26, 2016, 11:13:30 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:
They should decrease the cost of tabs or add larger tab bundles with much greater savings.

If you spend $50 on stash tabs you shouldn't worry about space, ever. At that point any arguments about free to play go out the window, because you've paid the full retail cost of a AAA title. But that's just + ~26 tabs (6 premium) if bought on sale, and if you've played a long time (collecting many art arts, legacies, etc.), you're still hurting for space.

Can't argue with this. And I've spent far more than $50 on stash tabs.
Wash your hands, Exile!
GGG's bread and butter are stash tabs. They seem to purposely add things to the game like divination cards to use up stash tabs. This is fine in my opinion. An important difference between PoE and an offline title is that once that title is produced they no longer develop it. They instead work on version 2 and charge another 50 bucks. The online model is to instead charge a monthly fee. Because of the difficulty in getting building the initial player base GGG instead choose to go free. So, from my view they are stuck where they are at. That is the vast majority of users probably pay nothing and GGG needs to encourage donations the best ways that they can.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
All purchaseable tabs are pay2win, and that's a very slippery slope.

I personally forgive them this because they have managed all this time not to slide down that slippery slope. So far, purchaseable tabs are the ONLY p2w mtx in this game.

How very kind of you.
"

^ funny thing I had to buy a Premium Stash in order to Trade because I don't trust procurement who knows who is collecting your login info and storing it or selling it.

A Trade tab should have NEVER been a paid option if you ask me one for the very least should have been free. But that one, likely brings in hundreds of thousands to GGG so it won't happen.

Its not that I don't like supporting POE I have over $55 USD in cosmetics I am angry that they would put a trading tab behind a pay wall, such a move is very much pay to win.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"

^ funny thing I had to buy a Premium Stash in order to Trade because I don't trust procurement who knows who is collecting your login info and storing it or selling it.

A Trade tab should have NEVER been a paid option if you ask me one for the very least should have been free. But that one, likely brings in hundreds of thousands to GGG so it won't happen.

Its not that I don't like supporting POE I have over $55 USD in cosmetics I am angry that they would put a trading tab behind a pay wall, such a move is very much pay to win.

The game is free. Surely people can spend a couple bucks to buy a fucking tab to trade with if they are investing enough play time in the game to need it.
"
krakerman wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"

The game is free. Surely people can spend a couple bucks to buy a fucking tab to trade with if they are investing enough play time in the game to need it.

Yeah I am not saying no or anything, BUT not everyone would view it that way. It wasn't a big deal for me because this is my number 1 game on the planet.

But you have to admit, stash tabs are somewhat borderline pay to win. A lot of those RMT black market dealers run hundreds of stash tabs for example.

But if it brings in money for GGG to fund this game then what the heck. I have 4 stash tabs and I only ever bought 1 premium in order to trade it was a must for me. I understand now that most of what we collect is just hoarding trash anyways.

And since I only play standard and I have the main items I need I give away lots of my gear now.

For me to sell low end stuff makes no sense, I often just give it free and I may ask for a regret something thats useful to me and if the person gives me it freely I start to unload even more stuff on him for free aswell.

Its great to help new people when you already have what you need and can't be bothered to sell lower end but still decent items for small amounts.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 26, 2016, 2:06:15 PM
I used to complain about stash tabs being pay to win but then I realize I am just hoarding trash.

infact most trading cards I don't even pick up anymore so much trash once you have some knowledge of poe trade and what these items are worth you realize how sufficient the default tabs are.

Perhaps however, GGG can add just 1 extra tab free of charge.

I think 5 would be satisfactory for people. 8 is too much if GGG is giving more tabs keep it to 5 limit.

Here is an easy way to know if something is worth something, ask in Global chat, Vendor this guys? if you get bombarded with requests to buy or requests to take it off your hands you know that item is worth something. If none responds or like 1 person responds you know its trash. Leave it or vendor it or give it away. Chance are if someone wants your low end item they really need it aswell and are new.

Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 26, 2016, 2:11:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info