I am going to have to finish the game before maps now?

I use to get maps way before the end of the game at around act 2 by the time I was in act 4 I would have at least 2 or 3 maps now I have spent most of the day in dried lake with no luck ? I just want to know is this a new thing or am I just having bad luck with maps?
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 6:54:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
How did you get to maps in Act 2?

Right now, the "end of the game" is grabbing the last free passive from Act4. by this time you should have enough T1 maps. You just need ~5 of them to get started.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 26, 2016, 2:55:04 AM
This is just another wonderful aspect of GGG gating content behind RNG. It's very rare, but sometimes you just won't have any maps drop by the time you're ready to run them. If you're not self found, you can buy low tier maps for dirt cheap. If you're self found, sucks to be you. Keep on grinding Dried Lake.
In Perandus, I got 1 map by the time I freed Deshret's spirit. I then ran the map and didn't get a map back. Then I farmed dried lake until I found another, and it didn't drop a map either. Repeated that 6 times before I found Zana and then had access to unlimited maps through buying from her.

It was a damn pain.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Yea, that can happen, tho it's rare. Don't expect any fixes, because as far as GGG is concerned, trading already fixes this.

If you dont wanna get bored too much, just go to /global 820 and ask for a few starter maps. People are overflowing with them and will gladly help.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 26, 2016, 6:14:59 AM
edit: I need another coffee :-D, nvm
Last edited by Alysma on Jun 26, 2016, 6:19:48 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
This is just another wonderful aspect of GGG gating content behind RNG. It's very rare, but sometimes you just won't have any maps drop by the time you're ready to run them. If you're not self found, you can buy low tier maps for dirt cheap. If you're self found, sucks to be you. Keep on grinding Dried Lake.

RNG is all about stochasticity. See: PoE and NPR teaches us about Stochasticity

However, there are high amounts of gating that GGG uses to control the PoE economy, such as amulets in endgame to limit our Chaos wealth.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 26, 2016, 7:58:05 AM
It really is random. I found a map in cruel difficulty the other day... so I dunno...

Like most aspects of this game, the random number generator is set to the extreme.
Well at least I know now and will just keep running till I find a map.
Well I just found out if you kill Deresso in mercyless you get a free yellow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info