Anyone who says PoE doesn't take skill...

The amount of skill PoE requires is widely based around your build.

Some builds require one button, whereas others need ten. Some builds are walking meatwalls, while others are fast and fragile.
I know for a fact it takes skill because I have very little and I suck at the game. If it didn't take skill, I would be much better at it. :D
If PoE take skill from you then I have bad news for you.
PoE is like 10 buttons at most to master.
Try old games like ragnarok online where you just turn on "battle mode" and your whole keyboard turns into shortcuts. Thats right, some people used 40 buttons to fight in PVP, with skills for different situations and gear swaps on the fly. PoE is kindergarden comparing to that.
Last edited by herflik on Jun 26, 2016, 9:08:56 AM
I'll repeat my suggestion... try a different sized keyboard. Reaction time for me is all messed up. That indicates to me that long-term training has much to do with how I've played. Old habits are hard to break.
POE becomes skillful when hits can be physically evaded like the guy who did atziri with 1 health.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Or do it like me and break your left elbow, so you don't have to use that new keyboard
for the next 'few' weeks. In this time, you can visualize the new size and make your brain
familar with it.

BTW my mouse has not enough buttons...........
Skill, what skill?

All you need to play POE is a mouse to spam right click. Easy.

Right click > clear whole screen > move > right click .... no skills where ever involved in arpg game, ever!
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
Skill, what skill?

All you need to play POE is a mouse to spam right click. Easy.

Right click > clear whole screen > move > right click .... no skills where ever involved in arpg game, ever!

yep, and you can see people who got successful with that complaining about the labyrinth.

---

@op: never got problems with new keyboards, differences in key sizes must be substantial in your case.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 27, 2016, 3:14:49 AM
"
vio wrote:

yep, and you can see people who got successful with that complaining about the labyrinth.

General gameplay is one thing, labs are something entirely different. Playing poe in general is as i described, playing mini Tomb Raider games (aka lab) is not everyone cup of tea.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
PoE is almost as hard as WoW ;) :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y7MGWW1Xqc
Last edited by Frankenberry on Jun 27, 2016, 8:16:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info