State of experience and red maps

After the last blanket nerf to experience gain we have a situation where it makes more sense to run T9 maps with good layouts than T14 maps for xp, risk vs reward, and sustainability considerations.

I think the earlier nerf to high level map experience (which made sense at the time) should be reverted or reduced.

With high level item bases coming from endgame Labyrinth, red maps no longer have a unique role to play in the game, other than a source of experience for really high level characters - which should be re-estabilished.

Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 7:21:42 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Classic GGG logic.

"A few people are using broken mechanics to reach level 100 too quickly. What should we do? I know, let's nerf XP for everyone!"
So, according to the recently released monster level values, Poorjoy's Asylum provides xp equivalent to a T12-13 red map, while being a large maze with excellent layout and pack density (so probably closer to T14-15 xp/h), doesn't require additional currency to roll, and comes with an excellent chance for getting high tier uniques (and a currency refund from the div card).

With the price of an Abyss map, I can currently buy 3 Poorjoy's. An oversight by the community, but hilarious nonetheless. Red maps are in a state of near uselessness.

Well, Poorjoy's Asylums tend to be very rippy, so even though they're probably better for experience, it seems risky to attempt them.
Do you really think Poorjoys is rippy for a build that can run well rolled rare 81-82 maps for xp? I doubt it. The only dangerous thing in there is Volatile Blood.

I can run rare 81-82 maps for xp. Poorjoy's remains very dangerous to me with its high damage bursts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info