Why do you people...

post items for trade with buyout prices then ignore me when I message you that I want to buy those items for those buyout prices? What is wrong with you people?
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2016, 8:06:01 PM
People. They suck. Play solo/self-found if you can't deal with that basic fact.
"
MyEnemy wrote:
post items for trade with buyout prices then ignore me when I message you that I want to buy those items for those buyout prices? What is wrong with you people?

Basic market manipulation.. What can't figure it out?
That is because these people simply did not post themselves. The new POE XYZ has a system of randomly identifying items in player stashes and posting them for sale. I dont reply as well when this happens to me.
There are several reasons why people might do this. The first most obvious reason is they aren't in front of their computer and thus never get your message. POE doesn't log you off like some games (I am not arguing it should) so they could be doing the dishes or mowing the lawn.

Second they could be in game doing difficult content where responding to you isn't convenient. By the time they have gotten to a place where they feel like pausing, they may well have forgotten that someone messaged them at all.

Third they have posted their item at a low price attempting to manipulate the market and have no intention of selling it. Thus there probably isn't a response they could give you that wouldn't reveal their intentions or frustrate you more.

Fourth some people post small cheep items early in a league say 2 alchs, because they need that currency early on, but later in the league could give a care less about 2 alchs and are too lazy to sell you the item or unlist it.

Shags summarized these all very well, but I thought I would elaborate.
Also realize that there are many activities in the game that cause a "shopkeeper" not to be able to deal with a customer at that moment. They get tired of telling people that they're mapping... or in the lab... or in the middle of another trade...

Games like this need a better form of communication and trade for there to be a "shop" that works like a shop.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People. They suck. Play solo/self-found if you can't deal with that basic fact.

By people, do you mean the people that don't develop their own damn game. As in making you leave the game in order to play the game?
Not all of us play op builds that one shot bosses. When I'm in a boss fight, i'm sometimes unable to respond for a prolonged period of time. Or in a Zana mission with a timer ticking down.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
From my experience this happens mostly when people are on different league and are lazy/doesn´t want to bother reloging so they pretend like they are not there, lol
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Jun 26, 2016, 11:27:53 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Also realize that there are many activities in the game that cause a "shopkeeper" not to be able to deal with a customer at that moment. They get tired of telling people that they're mapping... or in the lab... or in the middle of another trade...

Games like this need a better form of communication and trade for there to be a "shop" that works like a shop.

+ 1 iam average rich in each league so i dont care if i sell or not at some point of the league the desire to accumulate more wealth drops
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 26, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info