Mine detonate mechanics changed?

I have been playing a Bladefall-minefield-remote mine setup for about 4 months. I am lvl 92 witch, so I am very familiar with the mechanics and trap/mine setting delays, etc. Suddenly, with the newest update, my 'detonate' button was switched back to the default (spacebar) and did not function correctly. Often it would not set off the mines! It is very unpredictable, sometimes it sets off the mines, sometimes it doesn't. The only way to reliably detonate now is to repeatedly press the detonate button quickly - not easy and just a clunky and dangerous (for dying) process that did not used to be required.

1) I increased the priority of the POE process on my machine
2) I exited and restarted POE several times
3) I set the Detonate key to several other keys including the one (Q) I have been using for months
4) I rebooted several times and ran virus scanners
5) I changed servers and played on several other servers to test.

Nothing helps. I can set 9 mines before detonation, but used to detonate at 3 or 6 mines for speed. Now it just sits there and no mines detonate until I press the Detonate button multiple times.

BTW - the constant disconnects recently encountered since the most recent patch, the increased lagginess and frequent freezes prior to disconnect are making this game very difficult to play and enjoy as is the past.

Do not get me wrong: I think this game and you guys are great and have had a lot of fun on this really cool and badass game. But some of the recent changes to make it load faster have apparently made it very unreliable and difficult to play.
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2016, 1:01:06 PM
I thought the default keybind to detonate mines was "D".

Could be something up with your spacebar though.
Blade fall miner here, can confirm you are correct it does not always detonate all mines it's very annoying. I've gotten to a point where I can visually tell if they didn't all detonate and then spam my space bar (detonate button hotkey)
Hey, FullBlownDaddy here. FullBlownDaddy knows that mines have an "arming rate" and if you try to detonate mines too fast some or none will detonate (depending on whether you placed multiple set of mines).

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Jun 25, 2016, 12:50:05 PM
Hey FullBlownDaddy - thanks for your note. Remember that I have been playing this for months and have just recently noted the change. I am aware of the arming rates and standard detonation delays. I can actually have the Detonate button depressed for 10 seconds and nothing happens. sometimes only 3 of ( go off. It is very sporadic how and what happens - no consistency. This is only a recent development, and remenmber that I have tried numerous Detonate key mappings since this started.

Thanks for your comments

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info