Party Play in Poe is boring as fuck.

Run from A to B without pressing a button

let the highest dps char kill all mobs. zzzZZZZZ

get your eyes fucked by lag-cancer skills: CoC, Flameblast, Burn Arrow, Ice Rain and such unnecesarrily overloaded cancer effects.

do not see anything else on the screen than a huge puke-bomb of skills, fight the darkness and rip suddenly of frost bearers

terribly boring

very unattractive to play
Last edited by maxlmantis on Jun 25, 2016, 6:07:00 AM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 1:11:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agree and I am really really sad what poe turned into when I watch old videos =(

edit: For example: https://www.twitch.tv/gankstaboo/v/50484677?t=20m50s This clear speed was one of top group back then :/

Only things I´d really miss if it went back would be lockstep and item filter I guess.
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Jun 25, 2016, 6:29:22 AM
People party?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
maxlmantis wrote:
Run from A to B without pressing a button

let the highest dps char kill all mobs. zzzZZZZZ

terribly boring

very unattractive to play

Oh, I guess you are new to arpgs? That's how shit always works and that is why I play solo! ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Yeah the fastest clearing-builds run in front, the others only use movementskills to keep up and the mjolner-dischargers and such are not even allowed to use any skills due to the game not being optimized (at all) for those builds.

But finding a party for non-linear-maps is often pretty hard due to the absense of a decent LFG/LFM system and when you run from your hideout (which is most likely) then there is not even a LFG/LFM system in the game...

I hope they totally overhaul the entire endgame system. Probably never gonna happen though... :(
Last edited by silverdash on Jun 25, 2016, 7:28:40 AM
"
Agree and I am really really sad what poe turned into when I watch old videos =(

edit: For example: https://www.twitch.tv/gankstaboo/v/50484677?t=20m50s This clear speed was one of top group back then :/

Only things I´d really miss if it went back would be lockstep and item filter I guess.

Looks nice. Everything in this game needs like a 65% nerf, at least. Power creep is insane just since I been here like 1.0 on.. Like for example I made this ice nova build in 1.1 with 7L pledge had like 40K DPS now over 200K is no problem with same staff both crit. Last league I was seriously one shotting bosses up to 14 with just VRF in a 4L and using a 3L nycta for trash. whole maps 5-6 min. It was funny. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1650182

Hope they do something to slow down game. Chris has said thats the focus of next patch so I have hope.

I only play solo. I can imagine clear speed in groups tho..must be crazy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 25, 2016, 7:43:52 AM
I'm playing with /global 820 on most of the time and since the channel is full of LF Gorge/Plateau rota I joined a few. My map RNG was crap at the start of the league.

What a puke. Exactly as described in OP. The hardest thing for me was to keep up with the rest of the group, since I only had a 20% MS boots at that time.

The power creep is insane. One person - any person - can carry the rest of the group. The clusterfvk of effects is beyond description. My GPU fan was screaming all the time.

You can only die due to FPS lag, DC, invisible ground bearers... or for real, from epileptic seizure.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

Looks nice. Everything in this game needs like a 65% nerf, at least. Power creep is insane just since I been here like 1.0 on.. Like for example I made this ice nova build in 1.1 with 7L pledge had like 40K DPS now over 200K is no problem with same staff both crit. Last league I was seriously one shotting bosses up to 14 with just VRF in a 4L and using a 3L nycta for trash. whole maps 5-6 min. It was funny. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1650182

Hope they do something to slow down game. Chris has said thats the focus of next patch so I have hope.

I only play solo. I can imagine clear speed in groups tho..must be crazy.

I´ve seen your video, pretty crazy, yeah. I should get new ISP next week and then I plan to get from lvl 1 to endgame (a4m + some low maps) on hardcore just by using default attack, so we will see how it goes.
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Jun 25, 2016, 7:56:22 AM
I wonder about all new support gems being added as more damage ones (or unnecessary change .. pierce and such).
I think support gems should rather add some interesting abilities (such as life/mana leech, knockback etc) instead of just adding more and more damage.

Ah and no(balance) at all among active skills still remains.

All in all the main issue is damage output compared to monster´s life and game being balanced around powerfull ranged chars (1 shot enemy or being 1 shotted).
I think GGG should really think about changing the overall speed of the game.

- They should nerf skills damage or buff enemies life, so that they can tank more. I'd prefer sclaing down skills with to high base damage (like EQ), because people can go full tank and still one-shit everything. Either way, people will less likely try to make one-shot builds with the suggested changes.
- Since this would slow down clear speed, they should increase the droprates of items. The positive effect would be, that fast clearspeed builds wouldn't be so broken anymore, since their clear speed will be heavily reduced (or they are squishy as fuck), while more safer builds get good drops now thanks to the increase of droprates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info