Stuck with the ground full of items

I just encountered a peculiar situation. I picked up an item from the ground, with my inventory open, and placed it on top of another item in my inventory. I then tried to drop the other item, but the game wouldn't let me because the ground was full. Now I was stuck with an item on my cursor, which prevented me from moving, and I could'n put the item anywhere because both my inventory and the ground were full. Fortunately I was able to use leap slam to move to an emptier spot, but this leads me to wonder what would my options have been without any movement skills?
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2016, 4:52:10 AM
You could just log out, I think the item will still be on your cursor when you log back in, happened to me a few times when the game crashed while I was sorting my inventory.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 24, 2016, 4:21:46 PM
That thought crossed my mind too. It would consume one portal of the map, which I guess wouldn't be too bad considering I had a full inventory anyway. Items can't be dropped in town, so my only option would be to delete an item (which is possible in town) to restore my ability to move. Not an optimal solution, but it would at least resolve the immediate issue of being stuck.
There is a command you can type to delete the item on your cursor:
/destroy
You don't need to be in town for this, afaik. I guess make sure you definitely don't want the item though.

If you are in town, you can of course put the item in your stash. (As long as the stash is visible from the place you spawn!)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 24, 2016, 4:58:56 PM
Couldn't you have pressed Z to hide all so you could drop the item on cursor? Or do some filters prevent that?
The game has a limit on how many items can be on a certain area of ground, as well as a limit on how far from yourself a dropped item can go. If the drop radius is already chock full of items, it's impossible to drop an item whether or not the screen is full of item labels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info