[Day: 17] Daily Check that Path of Exile isn't dead ?!?

tourniquet plz!
Idk u guys but i get bored after 1week or something made 4 chars this league 80 + and one 60... meh don't know what to do now
New Gucci is a clone tinkerbell. Geam is alive.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
So, until they fix their game, i'm out, i will check reddit / forum posts, waiting for a performance patch, i'll try to play again in the next league because it'll also come with an expansion on top of it, i'll give it a chance to the next league, but if it doesn't get better i'll wait for the 64bit/dx11 client.

Honestly I just play Softcore in this game because EVERY league is accompanied by "Back end improvements". Unlike other games where maintenance and new content are on alternating cycles, GGG insists on smashing all of that into the game at once.

I always say "Maybe next league won't have as many bugs and I can finally give HC a real shot"...then every league is plagued with issues because of new "improvements".

I'm pretty sure GGG isn't as poor as they claim they are (i.e. "starving studio syndrome") since their chinese market will probably pay for any enhancement they want to put in the game...yet they refuse to put in "new tech" during the season off times (i.e. one-month filler seasons).

It's absolutely obnoxious.

TL;DR: If you think next league will be any different you will be great disapointed. If there is new shit being added...you can count on that new shit being broken for at least 2 weeks if not longer.
"

Honestly I just play Softcore in this game because EVERY league is accompanied by "Back end improvements". Unlike other games where maintenance and new content are on alternating cycles, GGG insists on smashing all of that into the game at once.

I always say "Maybe next league won't have as many bugs and I can finally give HC a real shot"...then every league is plagued with issues because of new "improvements".

I'm pretty sure GGG isn't as poor as they claim they are (i.e. "starving studio syndrome") since their chinese market will probably pay for any enhancement they want to put in the game...yet they refuse to put in "new tech" during the season off times (i.e. one-month filler seasons).

It's absolutely obnoxious.

TL;DR: If you think next league will be any different you will be great disapointed. If there is new shit being added...you can count on that new shit being broken for at least 2 weeks if not longer.

And if that was the only problem...

20 days in and the drop in players is so massive on any league it's staggering.

The game will crumble under it's (too) many layers of grinding. After so long they should take a step back and look at it as a whole. In the past with more limited "activities" people felt it was ok. But when you add up layer upon layer it's becoming a chore hence the drop.

Prophecies are just that, an added layer of grind that is close to useless (you're better off using an alternate currency farming strategy and buy shit directly). If at least it was fun why not but for most people it feels incredibly stupid to backtrack (yup boys it's still in the game although less) to shitty no experience zones, especially when exp has been nerf'ed so hard.

I could go on and on about problems that should have been looked at at least 2 years ago.

Final note to Prisus: I agree. Performance is garabge. GGG's been S H I T T I N G on HC players for years and am flabbergasted people have not said anything (fanboyism spotted). 90+ % of my HC death were caused by crappy programming, super crappy servers, or monkey level game design (2 years to shift orchard to 76 or whatever really? So much work hee?).
Game perhaps not but prophecy is dead face it. Not need to suck it to GGG by making daily threads it won't help.
This league and the last league, I normally follow the pattern of aiming to get 36 challenges between 2 characters, then rolling a 3rd experimental character will all my currency, then I leave till the next league.

This time I spent about 2 and a half weeks getting 36 and the last half week leveling my experimental.

I feel this is probably in line with a lot of people that stop playing the game shortly after a new league comes out. It is good so that I get to play new character builds every league but not burn myself out.

Currently picked up Grim Dawn from the steam sale hoping to get some HC play in since I cannot do that with PoE and the stupid deaths from disconnect/load etc.
IGN: EmptyPalms
At least with Prophecy if you choose to ignore it, it will have zero impact on your game... kind of like PvP.
Theres more than you thnk in regular standard.

PSC: Drunk and kickin
PHC: Half Life dead sound effect
Standard: Better to burn out than fade away
Hardcore: Are you crazy?
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info