[Day: 17] Daily Check that Path of Exile isn't dead ?!?

does Path Of Exile have a pulse?

@IceDeal, several talented studios jumped in. GGG included. they are immensely talented and pretty new compared to veterans like Crate (Grim Dawn) who are here since Titan Quest, or Runic (Torchlight 1&2) who... well... made Diablo 2.
which makes GGG's achievement even greater, given the fact they have no experience making ARPGs, yet still created this awesome game.

really, we were all blessed by the fucking mess D3 was. so many great games instead of just one that's *potentially* great (after several years of spilling buckets of money).
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
If you told any beta players in 2013 that PoE would have pay 2 trade tabs and power creep, they would have judged you a heretic and crucified you.

Where I'm from we prefer cutting of their manhood and feeding it to the goats.

Metaphorically speaking, right?

.... right?

Yes, impalement was much preferred, using sharpened stakes if you're lucky, blunt and well greased if not.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
IceDeal wrote:
There is no alternative if you like this kind of game, everything else is rubbish or single player.

To be honest GGG is INCREDIBLY lucky that no talented studio jumped on this segment after the massive failure that was diablo 3, really they have no competition at all right now wich make most of us tolerate bugs and poor performances.

There are two reasons why I am still here:

1) The only decent alternative is Diablo 3, and I'm not paying $40 for what is, at best, "not bad." There's Marvel Heroes, but after playing it for quite some time I realized that every character plays more-or-less the same, and once you've leveled a few characters to 60 you've really nothing more to get out of the game.

2) The Sphere Grid/Materia system. I love Final Fantasy X and the Sphere Grid, and while I despise FFVII I did think the Materia system was pretty damn cool. GGG shamelessly stole both mechanics, but that's not really a bad thing. It leads to awesome build variety...Build variety which is immediately nullified by terrible balance that makes only a few build paths actually viable. But at least if Chris Wilson ever decides to actually make this game fun for people who aren't completely masochistic, it has the potential to be great.

Really, it's the lack of competition and the kernel of a good idea that keep me coming back every couple months. But it's the horrible technical performance and balance by a raving psychotic sadist that drive me into hiatus after hiatus and keep my wallet sealed tight.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Jun 24, 2016, 1:25:55 PM
"
Really, it's the lack of competition and the kernel of a good idea that keep me coming back every couple months. But it's the horrible technical performance and balance by a raving psychotic sadist that drive me into hiatus after hiatus and keep my wallet sealed tight.

That's exactly how i feel, i tried to play 2 times this league (Prophecy HC), at the day 1 i got to level 64, used a waypoint to ebony barracks, 2 steps later, i got a 10 sec freeze that i couldn't even use my logout macro or alt+f4. Decided to take a 5 days off, was seriously thinking on skipping the league, but my friends insisted for me to play again. Ok.

After 6-7 days Chris announced on reddit a command line (--noasync), decided to use it because even with SSD i was getting freezing when changing zones from lab / maps, i got to lvl 85, was casually farming my way to high tier maps, opened a rare strongbox, used earthquake in the ground, my screen freezes for 5 sec, than it change to a frame where i had 50% life, i tried to use all my potions, next frame i've seen the "You've died" screen (It was all in 2 frames, about a sec or 2).

I wish there was another ARPG in the market as good as poe, but there's none.

So, until they fix their game, i'm out, i will check reddit / forum posts, waiting for a performance patch, i'll try to play again in the next league because it'll also come with an expansion on top of it, i'll give it a chance to the next league, but if it doesn't get better i'll wait for the 64bit/dx11 client.

"
Blizzard North died too long ago for that to be physically possible. Even Torchlight and Torchlight 2 weren't good diablo 2 successors compared to PoE, and they were created by the same guys (but not the same entire development team). You'd need to reassemble literally the entire original blizzard north to get a good D4.

"
I wish there was another ARPG in the market as good as poe, but there's none.

I am not taking ur opinions. Only my 2 cents: Torchlight 2 is better than PoE - I felt much better playing it, my feelings from overall was better, I felt more happy than from playing PoE and when I speak about T2 I feel good while if somebody ask about PoE I just dont feel I can recommend this game even I am playing it a lot. In T2 even when I had lvl 100 I had things to do there not like in PoE where lvl 100 is mostly good for only look at ur chatacter as iiq is nerfed so much by high lvl vs map difference; not unnecessary frustration from whatever reason in T2, team play was superb while in PoE team play means 50fps if ever and everybody in party one shoot whole screen so it rather look like contest who first clean whole map, set items and hunting Boris was great, pet was selling items, maps could be bought all time and bright graphics that I can play during day without making my room dark like while playing PoE.

I heard from all people who play D3 that datadisc and patches made game good and when u play in party with people its just great game, from what I heard its more arcade and super fast.

There is Grim Dawn which is waiting for me with D3 (both installed) and I heard only positives about Grim Dawn. I had more luck to meet people who played both game for very long time and mostly they say that Grim Dawn wins due endgame content otherwise they like both games equal - about PoE they say that u just wait for currency to drop or some nice good sell item after some point in game for witch I agree with. Maybe u can give a try with Grim Dawn too. D3 I will play for campaign only I presume, but Grim Dawn seems really great and from review seems brings more than PoE and is much closer to what we loved on D2 so much. Nevertheless PoE is cool too :).
Still okay, just checked.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Getting deader. Still not DEAD dead.
"
Rexeos wrote:
Only my 2 cents: Torchlight 2 is better than PoE

Don't get me wrong, i agree that torchlight is an amazing game, i played it ALOT too, and after some time i played with mods etc and my playtime kept growing, but... PoE has a really LARGE community.

I don't know how to explain it to you, but i feel lonely when playing torchlight / grim dawn, i feel that poe has more life overall(feel like it is some kind of mmo), while we have 500-700 players playing torchlight, we have more than 20k playing PoE. That is what killed torchlight / grim dawn for me.

If you're actually gonna keep this thread up might wanna choose a title that's a little less morbid, jus sayin.
Not yet dead but pulse is low. few friends online clan sparse...I aint playing. waiting to see if they fix end game like Chris alluded to before I embark on next journey.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info