[Day: 17] Daily Check that Path of Exile isn't dead ?!?

There is no alternative if you like this kind of game, everything else is rubbish or single player.

To be honest GGG is INCREDIBLY lucky that no talented studio jumped on this segment after the massive failure that was diablo 3, really they have no competition at all right now wich make most of us tolerate bugs and poor performances.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 24, 2016, 10:41:32 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
There is no alternative if you like this kind of game, everything else is rubbish or single player.

To be honest GGG is INCREDIBLY lucky that no talented studio jumped on this segment after the massive failure that was diablo 3, really they have no competition at all right now wich make most of us me tolerate bugs and poor performances.

corrected that for you.

and "most of us" aren't posting in the forum at all, it's just some hundred of some 100k players.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Well the fact that the playerbase is still quite large confirm what I just said. Or everyone else are masochists enjoying those lag, disconnects, bugs on release, ect...

POE is an amazing game build on a terrible engine.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 24, 2016, 11:40:14 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
Well the fact that the playerbase is still quite large confirm what I just said. Or everyone else are masochists enjoying those lag, disconnects, bugs on release, ect...

People tend to minimise what GGG had done the last 1 year. No desynch, smoother loadings(need to get better according to the content but it's on the way) But also it also got a bit wider content wise.(in a very poor way tho)

I think that PoE will become stellar if it keeps going like that 1 or 2 year. (it just needs better end game features)

Also the game should profit from procedurally generated content, explore wraeclast etc.

For PoE's main strenghs:
- atmosphere
- lore
- mechanics (that get expanded steadily btw)

from by book, PoE as the core merits of great games.
"
IceDeal wrote:

I just bought a new computer and all the lag, disconnects, etc, mysteriously disappeared. I guess having enough RAM is important.

Some bugs are to be expected- the development team seems to be on top of it.
"
natefactor07 wrote:
"
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
PoE isn't dead but if the universe decided to grace us with PoE2 or a good D4 I wouldn't be mad.

Blizzard North died too long ago for that to be physically possible. Even Torchlight and Torchlight 2 weren't good diablo 2 successors compared to PoE, and they were created by the same guys (but not the same entire development team). You'd need to reassemble literally the entire original blizzard north to get a good D4.

It's not that the existing Blizzard is incapable (per se) of creating another good Diablo game. It's that Blizzard will never make a game with the depth of Path of Exile because the market for such games is much smaller than they can financially afford to cater to.

When WoW became a huge cash cow, Blizzard grew, expanded their team and thus their expenses, and so now they are essentially a corporate giant that must cater to a wide audience to be profitable and avoid having to downsize.

Basically, Blizzard grew, their expenses grew, so now they have to cater to mass market, which means you will never see a game from them with the depth and complexity of PoE.

From what I'm seeing, GGG is going down the same path. They are pushing out content updates/leagues (and MTX) at the fastest rate ever, and, not surprisingly, Q&A can't keep up - lots of bugs/performance issues. They can't slow down the pace to up Q&A (or do another beta) because it would mean too long between content updates (and MTX sales).

"
StDrakeX wrote:

Comments:
We Gucci Fam 👌💯
Game is still alive and sky has not fallen yet...

Vanilla PoE died with Awakening. 2016 PoE has Pay 2 Trade tabs and power creep everywhere. If you told any beta players in 2013 that PoE would have pay 2 trade tabs and power creep, they would have judged you a heretic and crucified you.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Last edited by Druga1757 on Jun 24, 2016, 12:43:39 PM
"
vio wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:

To be honest GGG is INCREDIBLY lucky that no talented studio jumped on this segment after the massive failure that was diablo 3, really they have no competition at all right now wich make most of us me tolerate bugs and poor performances.

corrected that for you.

and "most of us" aren't posting in the forum at all, it's just some hundred of some 100k players.

+1 well done
"
Druga1757 wrote:
If you told any beta players in 2013 that PoE would have pay 2 trade tabs and power creep, they would have judged you a heretic and crucified you.

Where I'm from we prefer cutting of their manhood and feeding it to the goats.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
IceDeal wrote:

To be honest GGG is INCREDIBLY lucky that no talented studio jumped on this segment after the massive failure that was diablo 3, really they have no competition at all right now wich make most of us tolerate bugs and poor performances.

I agree.

To really compete it would have to be online and allow trading which PoE is alone right now. Something with a better engine and better balanced content came along that had the right aesthetic PoE would be in a much different place.
"
raics wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
If you told any beta players in 2013 that PoE would have pay 2 trade tabs and power creep, they would have judged you a heretic and crucified you.

Where I'm from we prefer cutting of their manhood and feeding it to the goats.

Metaphorically speaking, right?

.... right?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info