BREXIT!

"
raics wrote:

Which was kinda my point in the previous posts, Bars and I seem to have a more eastern influenced way of thinking here, those differences are more fundamental than they appear.

Yeah! Patriarchy, bitch!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Hi,

I have visited England several times, both Wales and Scotland once. All the best;

even though I think this will especially have negative consequences for England and hope to welcome Scotland to the EU as soon as possible, this was a democratic decision, that has to be respected.

And welcome to all those British people living/working in Germany who have already or will become German citizens after this.

"[...]Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said that a new vision is needed for a better Europe. "The extreme choices of austerity that widened the inequality between countries of the north and south, fences and closed borders and the denial to share the burden of the debt and migrant crises had signaled an extended crisis in Europe," Tsipras said. "We urgently need a new vision and beginning for a united Europe - for a better Europe, more social and democratic."[...].

I agree...

Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Jun 24, 2016, 7:27:21 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Congratulations, Britons, on declaring your independence and reclaiming your national sovereignty! =^[.]^=

currency on alltime low
capital will flee

biggest mistake in their history scoutland and ireland will vote for yes eu even more deasaster for them gj soon your inflation will skyrocket

ofc europe hates the refugees but making such a big decision only running on emotion and riding the immigrant wave as hard as posible was not good

my personal regret was not buiyng gold should have known better

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 24, 2016, 7:40:04 AM
"
even though I think this will especially have negative consequences for England and hope to welcome Scotland to the EU as soon as possible, this was a democratic decision, that has to be respected.

A referendum is held in which 50.1% of the population of the UK votes to nuke France.

The above is exactly why representative democracy is a thing, and why many governments make the more impactful decisions on the basis of supermajority. I get it, leave won. The government should act as the cooler head here, and say no, we aren't fucking doing that.

Or at the very least, hold a follow-up referendum in 6-12 months. If leave isn't entirely fueled by xenophobic passions, then it would win again, non?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jun 24, 2016, 7:41:45 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"

A referendum is held in which 50.1% of the population of the UK votes to nuke France.

The above is exactly why representative democracy is a thing, and why many governments make the more impactful decisions on the basis of supermajority. I get it, leave won. The government should act as the cooler head here, and say no, we aren't fucking doing that.

Or at the very least, hold a follow-up referendum in 6-12 months. If leave isn't entirely fueled by xenophobic passions, then it would win again, non?

The process of leaving will at least take 2 years. We´ll see what happens. I think it´s the wrong decision(economy/security) but if the current British government ignores this referendum, I´m not sure if it´s for the better.

I understand what you´re saying though and agree on "impactful decisions" and representative democracy ofc, but unfortunately PM Cameron has decided to play a risky game years ago and has lost (for ?) now.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Jun 24, 2016, 8:07:20 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
If leave isn't entirely fueled by xenophobic passions, then it would win again, non?

Well, there's one thing, people are inert by nature, it takes something big to move us and a list of small inconveniences won't manage that. In this case 'xenophobic passions' serve as a catalyst that evens the odds, without it, the results would be influenced by our fear of change.

Basically what happened with Scottish independence referendum, people were afraid and a few choice words on 'dire social and economic consequences' of leaving the UK tipped the scales.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Watch this salt mine unfold lads:

http://i.imgur.com/1guwiqp.jpg

I especially like the inherent racism of these statements.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Inherent? It's glaring :)

I had quite a chuckle watching people who would have erupted in flames at the merest hint of criticism against their holy word 'democracy' analyze the poll demographics and explaining how it's not really fair and they don't want old or uneducated people to decide their future :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 24, 2016, 9:36:24 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Inherent? It's glaring :)

I had quite a chuckle watching people who would have erupted in flames at the merest hint of criticism against their holy word 'democracy' analyze the poll demographics and explaining how it's not really fair and they don't want old or uneducated people to decide their future :D

Ageism and ableism. Fucking bigots :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jun 24, 2016, 9:38:38 AM
Whose leading the toast?

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info