Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 3 - Select the special property

What should the secondary special property of the unique be?

10% chance to dodge against taunted enemies, Melee attacks have a 25% chance to Maim taunted enemies, 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies
6108.32%
Double the number of Frenzy and Endurance Charges you gain, 50% increased Frenzy and Endurance Charge Duration
236832.31%
20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding
83011.33%
You have Onslaught while Fortified, 15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun
352048.03%
Poll closed
The onslaught bonus is extremely generic and only adds to the power creep, not interesting at all to me.
Well I was not able to make a choice so I've decide not to vote, every option is crazy and for once we wont have a shity unique made by a crazy naked dude who paid 1000$!

Anyway keep up the good work Ziggy Man you have my support, what ever it is hehe
"
Madhatter0 wrote:
Ok based on the understanding this is being designed around a duelist, let me persuade you to choose option A.

Option A>
"

10% chance to dodge against taunted enemies, Melee attacks have a 25% chance to Maim taunted enemies, 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies

Taunts from a warcry give us 10% reduced damage taken and now 10% dodge. that's great! the only dodge is Acro and Phase Acro for nodes and a few uniques. dodge is another layer of defense to add. Maim is a 30% slow. That's as slow as a level 21 temp chains. Another great added defense. Life leech is synergistic with all 3 ascendancies. overall top choice

I dont think you are seeing this from an armour + evasion characters perspective. How are you stacking dodge on an ar+ev hybrid?

You are taking ar% nodes, ev% nodes and probably shield defense % nodes that have block. Acrobatics cuts your armour in half, you cannot take that node. 10% dodge is not great, it doesnt even make sense with the vast majority of hybrid builds.

Ive been playing hybrids like this for 3+ years, 1000s of hours spent with these defenses and Ive never even seen a hybrid stacking dodge, not saying it doesnt exist but I havent even seen theory supporting such an idea, and Im probably one of the only people in this thread who has ever played a serious hybrid character, if it exists its a niche within a niche hidden under a rock.

Ok i see it like this, if you make it a dodge belt it will basically be used by phase acro coil dodgers who ignore the unique attack damage mod completely and are just wearing a phase acro evasion belt.

If you do the charge option its going to be a discharge belt for casters who dont care about armour, evasion or the unique attack damage mod.

if you make it onslaught then some attackers will use it, but really its going to be a champion caster belt or some kind of avatar of the viel phase onslaught build, neither of whom are armour evasion hybrids, neither of whom will care about the unique damage mod.

The bleed option is the only option that really makes sense and plays mostly to the idea of an armour + evasion attacker. Blind is amazing for a hybrid build, youll get your extra bleed from other sources and it will be amazing, way better than 10% dodge.

"
iHaku wrote:
basicly perma onslaught for duelists. whats the drawback?

the drawback is that you probably wouldnt start an ar/ev hybrid build as a duelist, youd take ranger for the more evasion or marauder for the more armour. That is if we are still holding on to the idea that this is an armour + evasion attack build belt, probably foolishly at this point.

"Depending on the votes and balance testing, the item will have the top voted mods in addition to common stats like life or elemental resistances."

as if ou still had a balance team ... stop joking around those guys took vacation when ascendancy got released and never came back ...
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
I was really hyped when I heard it was going to be an armor evasion unqiue but I am not very happy with the special stat being centered around attacks and not the defense.
What I had in mind was something that is an defensive alternative to IR. this thing gives you damage buffs based on your defense but does nothing about the shortcoming of these defenses. The main reason that queen of the forest and dreamfeather do not see more use. If this is going to be third part of that trilogy I will be a little sad.

As an aura/buff guy this was what I had in mind:

grants vaal determination (adding a % of evasion as armor)
every time you evade an attack you have a chance equal to your theoretical physical mitigation to get a vaal soul.
maybe increase the skill durations / duration of your defensive effects (taunt, fortify, blind.)

I have some issues with all the options given but here is my rundown from favourite to least
the onslaught/fortify is probably the best generally speaking. Stunning things is something only a few builds can do reliable all the time and that makes this mostly a gimmicky item for everybody except champion who will be the third class with permanent onslaught after the raider and scion raider. (you can keep it up no problem withthe fortify support or vigilant strike. But the on stun condition is a nice bonus at best)
The taunt one is pretty nice compared to all the taunt shields that pretty much forced you into one handed melee. The leech is really something I did not want to see there. Duelist has the easiest way to grab leech to beginn with and it is another one of the stats that should not be on a defensive item (seeing that right after me is a "leech is great guy". in the armor evasion area there is the duelist leech cluster giving you exactly that much leech without needing to taunt them first. It might not seem like a thing but your are not often fighting taunted enemies). Taunt is pretty ok these days and the other stats are pretty ok, too (keeping the enemy you taunted slowed keeps him from moving past you) Would be a great item if we had real tanks and if not a huge portion of the damage was on ranged guys that will fire past you even while slowed. (you got to love the arcers with their undodgeble spells)
The blind chance is nice. I personally have not been impressed with bleed chances. Seems a lot like 20% blind chance with a little physical damage over time added as a side dish.
The charges would make it the opposite half of auxium. swap es and power synergies for evasion and armor and frenzy and endurance. Doubling the charges seems only intresting for discharge and IC. Theoretically for phase run too. And endurance charges synergize with armor very well but I was under the impression this belt was intended to use the armor for phys mitigation not go the IC route.

What makes and aura guy intrested in the evasion armor thing?
A guardian has a reasonable base armor usually but it really shines when you add the grace + IR. My current necro has some serious problems with incoming physical damage. The duelist aura nodes being pretty close to IR makes that seem like a nice solution. Just wanted to have options for non IR auras. (and phys being a thing in the uber lab)

PS: Right after voting for the taunt one I remembered why I did not like it. The dodge on an armor piece. Especially with you being rewarded for having balanced defenses it makes acro not that great an option. The longer I think about the dodge the less happy I gt with it. Was this not intended to use EVASION to deal with attacks? I know it is still in early development but I really hope it is not going to be another generic damage unqiue with the one special thing being that you cannot go IR. Maybe the dodge would make vaal grace more popular. (level 20 with the 100% increased aura effect non guardians are caped at will get you to 68% dodge.) pretty sure the dodge was not intended for that. and taunting as the squishy support is a terrible idea to beginn with because taunts now work most of the time. I kinda miss my free endurance charges. :p

pss:
Reading some posts of other people that love the idea but do not like any of the options a lot.
I allways liked the concept of time of need and pendulum of destruction and with balanced stats it would be possible to have a panelty to one half while getting a bonus to the other that waves back and forth. Would make people that use only one half of the defenses have times when their defenses fail them.
I came up with that when I was thinking about the chrages and why I do not like the endurance charge mod on this belt. I remembered that the non-duration frenzy node gives evasion per frenzy charge. Based on that another concept I think might work is giving temporary buffs when your armor surpasses your evasion and the other way around. There are flasks and the aforementioned frenzy charges. You could even turn off and on your determination/grace.
The hybrid being in a state of permanent change seemed fitting when I was thinking that armor is considered stationary while evasion is evermoving.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
Last edited by Paulinir on Jun 27, 2016, 7:55:46 PM
reliable 2% life leech is huge, way more than onslaught/fortify, which can both be acquired through so many other methods
Double Charges all the way.
I see lots of folks being snide jackasses to folks voting for Option 2.

I voted for Option 2 – because I love the Raider ascendancy and saw this as a potential enabler for a lot of interesting Raider builds. Yes yes, ‘there’s a flask for that’. Perhaps I want to use my flasks for something else? Folks going on about how awesome the Bleed/Blind is because Blind is so rare…hey, guess what? They have a flask for that, too! They have a flask for most everything! Maybe I don’t want to run silver flasks on everything?

Option 1 is interesting, but it’s not build-enabling. It adds some Dodge (always nice to have, and dismayingly rare. This is easily my second-favorite option for the belt, buut…), some universal attack leech (nice, but increasingly available across the board, especially for the Duelists and Rangers the belt is generally targeted at), and some Maim (does anyone even care about Maims, given the instasplode meta?) All of which are neat, and they help reinforce otherwise-dubious warcries…but none of that is build-enabling. You can’t do anything new with it. Not really. It’d be a great choice for Dodge builds that’d get an extra 10% attack dodge stacked on top of everything else they do, but Dodge builds already exist.

Option 3 is boring and a poor build choice. 20% chance to bleed means you need a fast-attacking or multihit skill to proc the thing reliably, which means many small hits instead of one big one, which means weak Bleeds. 20% Blind against Bleeding targets is only useful if you can reliably Bleed targets, which you can’t do with the belt alone. You’d need another Bleed source to make use of it, and frankly? They have a flask for Blind on command, and Stibnite flasks are more fun and overall more useful than Silver flasks anyways.

Double charge generation is actually quite interesting. You could run an Oro’s Sacrifice Flicker build off an Ignite gem alone – or forego the Ignite gem for more damage, run on nothing but the Ignite chance from Oro’s and a Flammability curse if you have to, and still maintain Multistrike Flicker without any trouble. Double Endurance charges doesn’t help much, but it could be used similarly to help fuel a Duelist-based Vigilant Strike build, if someone wanted to be particularly funky. Also works well with Gladiator’s Outmatch and Outlast, which wants to build up to max Frenzy and Endurance charges both and stay there as long as it can.

Alas, double charge generation also empowers Discharge, and frankly it’s time Discharge earns a 2s cooldown so it can stop obsoleting the rest of Path of Exile. Until then…prolly not the best choice?

Onslaught on Fortify, though? Raider gets easy access to Onslaught to fuel its Veil and Chase abilities even during boss fights, where Onslaught is otherwise often difficult to obtain (outside the mechanically uninteresting and short-term-only Silver flasks). Slayer, with its stun chance bonuses, also gets much easier access to both Fortify and now Onslaught with it. Onslaught on Fortify opens the belt up to anyone who might be able to benefit from both buffs – i.e. everyone – who has a way to generate the latter – i.e. most everyone.

Is it the perfect belt for every build? No, of course not. Do Champions get to equip it and basically say screw-you? Yeah – but they get to say screw-you whenever they want anyways. Is Onslaught-on-Fortify the most versatile and build-enabling option on the list? I’d say so, yeah.

Also. Question. Does not Iron Reflexes set evasion chance to 0, not evasion rating? I’m pretty sure your evasion rating remains just fine; it’s just decoupled from both Dexterity and your actual evasion chance. If that’s the case…wouldn’t the belt’s attack speed per 300 of AR/Evasion be completely unaffected by Iron Reflexes?
"
1453R wrote:
Also. Question. Does not Iron Reflexes set evasion chance to 0, not evasion rating? I’m pretty sure your evasion rating remains just fine; it’s just decoupled from both Dexterity and your actual evasion chance. If that’s the case…wouldn’t the belt’s attack speed per 300 of AR/Evasion be completely unaffected by Iron Reflexes?

No, you're thinking of Unwavering Stance.

With Iron Reflexes, you can still evade, it's just that all your evasion gets converted into armour.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It's shaping up to be a future legacy item. Don't be falling in love with it too much, kids.

Spoiler
Nerf-O-Rama

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info