What weapon types are popular / valuable?

I decided to edit my loot filter to hide some unnecessary rare items that clog my inventory, because I am too gready and grab everything. ._.

So which weapon classes and basetypes are commonly used and worth picking up? I know that wands, certain bow types and daggers are popular, but what about other weapon types? Swords, axes, claws, etc?

Maces are useless in general as they give bonus to stun or I am wrong here?

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jun 24, 2016, 2:11:33 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 10:40:44 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
I decided to edit my loot filter to hide some unnecessary rare items that clog my inventory, because I am too gready and grab everything. ._.

So which weapon classes and basetypes are commonly used and worth picking up? I know that wands, certain bow types and daggers are popular, but what about other weapon types? Swords, axes, claws, etc?

Maces are useless in general as they give bonus to stun or I am wrong here?

Weapon types, for RARES, that I tend to care about are

Harbinger Bows
Foils of any kind, preferably Jeweled AFAIK
Coronal Mauls
Exquisite Blades

I'm sure there are others I should notice, but I don't. Aside from those, I only look at Rings, Vaal Regalis, Hubris items, and Flasks...But I like Flasks, so...Yeah. I have a giant collection of Flasks I may never use.

Always look at Jewels, BTW, those things can get insane in value insanely fast, and they take up very little space. Even if it seems like a bad jewel, try and think of what you could use it for, because odds are someone can use it. I picked up a GG Lightning Strike Staff jewel once, and was only saved from vendoring it because I posted it in Guild chat going "WTF would I want Phys with Staves and Lightning skill Crit for?" Turns out a Guildie had been running Lightning Strike with a Hege's Era, and was more than happy to pay me for the jewel. Jewels are weird, be careful.

I keep it simple, I stick to items that I know what I'm looking at for. If I pick up a rare and don't know what to look for, picking it up did me no good. Hence why I limit what I look at.

- Sheepster
Your choice is quite narrow.

What are foils? Hubris circlets you mean? Why? Why only Vaal regalies for body armours?

I know about jewels but I usually get something like +1% block chance with something + 5% single elemental resist or something like that, so I just vendor it.

There is a lot of useful stuff out there. If you look for items to sell you certainly need to take a closer look to at least items that reserve minimum inventory space - like daggers or wands. And of course - jewellry and belts.

Foils are a weapon type, a type of one handed sword that can roll high attack speed, good ones are used for Spec Throw builds, or sometimes Reave builds as well.

Vaal Regalias are the only rare chest pieces that I know what I'm looking at, that's why only those.

I don't look at Daggers or Wands because I don't know what's great and what's meh.

I didn't mention Jewelry items because I generally assume everyone grabs them, at least to vendor.

- Sheepster
Most players do not keep any crafting bases actually. Even an item level 100 vaal regalie can at most go for a few chaos at most. The time it takes to even find a possible buyer is already worth tonnes of chaos.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Most players do not keep any crafting bases actually. Even an item level 100 vaal regalie can at most go for a few chaos at most. The time it takes to even find a possible buyer is already worth tonnes of chaos.

I don't keep bases myself, I just pick things up with those bases. Was I misunderstanding the OP?

That said, I do want to get and craft an Ilvl 100 Vaal Regalia, just for the swag of Ilvl 100 ES chest, XD. Go for 1000 ES exactly, on Ilvl 100.....It's a pipe dream, I know.

- Sheepster
I am only talking about rare gear, guys.
I am only talking about rare gear, guys.
Any more opinions guys?
Not from me at least, I only know so much. It's rare to find people who can price EVERYTHING.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info