May I ask why if some one says [Removed by Support]

Censorship is at the sole discretion of the property holder. I don't care about it one way or the other, because we agree to it implicitly by participating in their forums. There are forms of censorship, particularly in government (which this isn't) that I don't agree with. But that's a very different scenario.
Hey, I heard if you wrote something bad, there was an invisible protis sniper who woul...
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 24, 2016, 6:07:00 AM
"
Kosynth wrote:

I think you've probably got an answer by now, but I figure it comes down to context.

Like talking about carrying a bomb in team chat while playing Counterstrike or whatever, and talking about the same thing while at an airport security checkpoint.

Or using the c-word while congratulating a friend on having an Exalted Orb drop compared to spamming it in a global channel with all-caps.

If this was just bait however, then congratulations.
I respect your dedication in returning to the thread more than once to keep stirring the pot.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Kosynth wrote:

I think you've probably got an answer by now, but I figure it comes down to context.

Like talking about carrying a bomb in team chat while playing Counterstrike or whatever, and talking about the same thing while at an airport security checkpoint.

Or using the c-word while congratulating a friend on having an Exalted Orb drop compared to spamming it in a global channel with all-caps.

If this was just bait however, then congratulations.
I respect your dedication in returning to the thread more than once to keep stirring the pot.

You just gave power to the word (Removed by Support) by saying "c-word"
(Removed by Support)

You don't take away power from something by getting rid of it, If you see the word (Removed by Support) as a poison,virus,venom or disease remember... You get a flu vaccine to make yourself stronger to fight the flu and you can build up tolerance to venom.

Covering your ears or my mouth doesn't do anything People will say (Removed by Support) people will say what ever they choose to.
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Jun 24, 2016, 6:53:05 AM
This thread is pure gold
Why is everyone arguing about the words Removed by Support? And what's with the parenthesis []? How is any of it dirty?
So some more people just entered high school debating class and are doing their home work. How cute.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Our game and site do have a Mature rating (which means 16+ in NZ) and we would consider that particular word to have a higher rating than 16+.

and who in the world bothers with your local maturity rating? it may prevent some nz kiddos from looking at your site or playing your game but that's it. every kid around the world can freely post here and download your game and play it without any restriction because no purchase is neccessary that could prevent a kid from doing so.

censor offensive words which are used in no context against other players is imho secondary stuff after you try to get down on the directly insulting stuff.

in the end for me it's more offensive if someone writes that he "sold a few jews" to other players than describing himself as a [insert curse word here].

"

In New Zealand and Australia the word may be semi-acceptable in a social context but in other areas of the world the word is extremely offensive, and many of our players and forum users are from those areas!

making the game and forum compliant to every country in the world will eventually leave you with no game.

for example poe has explicit nudity and violence, nudity is considered offensive in america but not in europe. extreme violence is conidered offensive in europe but not in america. complying to both you would have to remove violence and nudity. welcome in fairy tale - wraeclast.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Effreti wrote:
Why is everyone arguing about the words Removed by Support? And what's with the parenthesis []? How is any of it dirty?

We are trying to figure out why is it that America is the only country in the world with a First and Second Amendment that guarantees both the right to free speech and the right to bear arms.

In other words why is America the only pure Democracy in the world?

this is what I think is most important in this thread since everyone gets offended by the Americans and their gun culture.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
Jaille wrote:
And people should stop bashing the mods. They are just doing what they are told to do. If they were to leave they'd just be replaced by new ones and the same thing would be happening anyway.

That's true but the mod policy is really bad here. There are many obvious troll threads around and it seems to get more and more. Instead of deleting those threads, people that were triggered and forget themselves get a probation.

It doesn't help that some mods seem to be a fan of certain trolls.

"
vio wrote:
censor offensive words which are used in no context against other players is imho secondary stuff after you try to get down on the directly insulting stuff.

The key is to insult whole groups of people. It's a nice tool for trolls: Insult a group and wait for someone to insult (just) you back. That poor person will get probated.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jun 25, 2016, 10:33:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info