May I ask why if some one says [Removed by Support]

It seems as though at first, the people posting on this topic were generally against what I said but upon realizing the censorship...
Now this is amusing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Now this is amusing.

Congrats on 40 challenges!!!!!!!
"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ why give an option to turn it off?

Just implement a word filter like steam and be done with it why pretend that you are a Anti politically correct company but secretly you are?

It makes no sense that kind of tactic is what you expect from AAA companies or career politicians. Not from indie studios like GGG.
They aren't indie anymore.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Hey guys,

Please be aware that the use of particularly offensive words such as the one that was littered around in these posts is prohibited on the forums and in-game when directed at another player.

In New Zealand and Australia the word may be semi-acceptable in a social context but in other areas of the world the word is extremely offensive, and many of our players and forum users are from those areas!

Our game and site do have a Mature rating (which means 16+ in NZ) and we would consider that particular word to have a higher rating than 16+.

Please check out our Code of Conduct if there's any confusion, or feel free to PM a member of Support staff or email us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any further clarification. :)

Are you a video game company or a social justice company? Because some person may be highly offended you censor everyone?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Well... this is new. GGG has never prohibited a word simply because it might offend. They call this a slippery slope... and you're already half way down it.

Guess we'll need a list of them.

Agreed and yes please, I'm not a native speaker and have no idea which words are offensive in which parts of the world...

"
TriniGamer wrote:

Just implement a word filter like steam and be done with it why pretend that you are a Anti politically correct company but secretly you are?

It makes no sense that kind of tactic is what you expect from AAA companies or career politicians. Not from indie studios like GGG.

Profanity filters just mean that people will come up with ways to avoid them and actually can cause more problems than they solve. A much better solution is for people not to use foul/abusive language in the first place.

I live 30 mins away from a town called Scunthorpe, this happened...

Facebook censors have prevented a band from promoting a gig in Scunthorpe. As a result of the four-letter profanity spelt out in the middle of the word, the alternative group, called October Drift, were blocked from posting news about their show in the North Lincolnshire town.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
Its a bit funny how this forum has no word filter but GGG expects people not to use profanity?

Haha you serious? Yeah how can we expect people to act in a friendly and mature way if we dont censor every second word?

You are quite the pessimist
Last edited by Im2sl0w on Jun 24, 2016, 2:20:10 AM
"
markww wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Profanity filters just mean that people will come up with ways to avoid them and actually can cause more problems than they solve.

Of course but filtering bad words hints the player that it may not be tolerated, that there are actions against them. As of now, one can make a character using a racial slur and will think that such language is allowed, since it wasn't filtered or anything. It's just the way I see it. I'm not talking about "fuck" and "shit", I'm talking racial slurs, homophobic slurs etc. that pretty much guarantee a mute.

Whatever I'm not a fan of censoring.

And people should stop bashing the mods. They are just doing what they are told to do. If they were to leave they'd just be replaced by new ones and the same thing would be happening anyway.
"
markww wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Profanity filters just mean that people will come up with ways to avoid them and actually can cause more problems than they solve. A much better solution is for people not to use foul/abusive language in the first place.

I live 30 mins away from a town called Scunthorpe, this happened...

Facebook censors have prevented a band from promoting a gig in Scunthorpe. As a result of the four-letter profanity spelt out in the middle of the word, the alternative group, called October Drift, were blocked from posting news about their show in the North Lincolnshire town.

That's censorship. The few people who are offended by a word getting the majority stifled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info