May I ask why if some one says [Removed by Support]

"
Hey guys,

Please be aware that the use of particularly offensive words such as the one that was littered around in these posts is prohibited on the forums and in-game when directed at another player.

In New Zealand and Australia the word may be semi-acceptable in a social context but in other areas of the world the word is extremely offensive, and many of our players and forum users are from those areas!

Our game and site do have a Mature rating (which means 16+ in NZ) and we would consider that particular word to have a higher rating than 16+.

Please check out our Code of Conduct if there's any confusion, or feel free to PM a member of Support staff or email us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any further clarification. :)

Any word can be offensive to anyone. I'm offended by your use of the word littered, Cause if women have more then one child, it could be considered as littering, and my gf is a twin so I DOUBLY am angered by your insensitivity. Comparing women to animals! HOW DARE YOU.

Every one is a dirty Shisno
Last edited by Kosynth on Jun 23, 2016, 9:21:58 PM
Well... this is new. GGG has never prohibited a word simply because it might offend. They call this a slippery slope... and you're already half way down it.

Guess we'll need a list of them.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 23, 2016, 9:29:43 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Well... this is new. GGG has never prohibited a word simply because it might offend. They call this a slippery slope... and you're already half way down it.

Welcome to Censorship.
Sarah, is there a list of banned words somewhere to check out? I can't locate anything :(
"
Kosynth wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Welcome to Censorship.

Its a bit funny how this forum has no word filter but GGG expects people not to use profanity?

If GGG does not want people using profanity then simply add a word filter its as easy as that, when I visit a forum and there is no word filter I am of the view everything is pretty much allowed.

This will also save a lot of staff time editing posts. But GGG is stuck between a rock and a hard place, they pretend that POE is hardcore and anti politically correct which is what they marketed this game as but secretly they are very much politically correct at GGG the removal of naked ladies globe statues is a prime example.

I guess thats marketing done right to trick the consumer.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 23, 2016, 9:47:29 PM
But what if I'm having a conversation about knots or practical seamanship ?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
They still gotta keep the community in check...

I believr PoE grew way beyond what GGG ever envisioned. Most multiplayer games would get you an extended mute

"
DrazyHaze wrote:
They still gotta keep the community in check...

I believr PoE grew way beyond what GGG ever envisioned. Most multiplayer games would get you an extended mute

Most multiplayer games don't have statues with floppy cocks and labias.

Or titted Tentacle Miscreations which looks like nightmare hentai buffer.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Guess we'll need a list of them.

Pretty sure they actually did that before. At least It happened to me quite a while ago and I was using one word correctly to refer to a situation. I would say which but its clear to me that I might trigger a mod PTSD they got from twitter or going outside.

"
Sarah, is there a list of banned words somewhere to check out? I can't locate anything :(

There isnt. Try dark humour and you might get hit too. Ofc they wont list that in the forum rules because people would reasonably question it and call them re- OOPS CANT SAY THAT IN A CHRISTIAN FORUM. Just be sure to not say anything that anyone truly anal (am I allowed to say that word?) would screech at and you are good to go.

Really, GGG should just Implement a word filter that is on by default and have an option to turn it off. None of this pretend you can do it, but you cant do it nonsense. the 16 year old part is pretty laughable too. Most teenagers (much less late teens) tend to have a much fouler mouth than whatever their forum soccer mom envisions.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 23, 2016, 10:25:56 PM
^ why give an option to turn it off?

Just implement a word filter like steam and be done with it why pretend that you are a Anti politically correct company but secretly you are?

It makes no sense that kind of tactic is what you expect from AAA companies or career politicians. Not from indie studios like GGG.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info