Dex Pillar?

Can Pillar of the Caged God be somehow used with a Dex build?
I'm guessing no, since it's attack speed would never even reach equally low damage options like Brightbeak.

But... enlighten me.
I sure know it does work with Strength.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 3:34:56 PM
I suppose it can, a normal pillar build would have something like 1k strength but even a dex build can get 500 just with good gear and crit + higher attack speed would cover for the rest.

Well, almost anything can work these days.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I think it wouldn't work if you went *only* for strength. But a dex *and* str build would be able to use it really well I think. (Especially Juggernaut). Astramentis, Lioneye's paws, etc...

Also you could make a pretty niche sweep-hit-maximising build by going dex and int. You'd lose dps vs voidhome, but perhaps the increased AoE would make up for it.

Also don't forget that because it is a staff, you can get those global crit staff nodes too. So there are probably some other niche dex builds where you could benefit from it over brightbeak.

PS: I think the main reason a dex build wouldn't work with it, though, is because dex is a terrible stat. Super-high-Dex builds in general are pretty bad, so Pillar would have to do a lot to make up for it! Think 'iron commander' levels of bonus.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Chieftain Ascendancy and then maybe go more into the Duelist area, and maybe? Ish? What skill though? Chieftian would help make up the damage with the STR boost, and then give free leech, because you won't really be sparing points for Leech...IDK. I'm sure it could be done, I'm not sure why you'd want to do it. To see if it can be done?

Good luck, and please post it if you do make it work.

- Sheepster
Dex Pillar means you would need flat elemental damage with Devoto's devotion.

Str/Dex is currently the most common varient with Abyssus/Bor.

Str/Int isn't effective enough to fully spec into. You will have about 5-10% inc AoE. Mostly used with slow, hard-hitters like EQ. You hit hard though.

Dex/Int is probably one of the harder ones to work with. Requures quite abit of travelling and investment into auras and crit.

Source: I have lots of pillars. ._.

EDIT: scratch all of that. go either str , str/dex , str/int , str/dex/int.

not worth the investment.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Jun 24, 2016, 3:30:23 AM
Thanks for the discourse.

Guess my assumptions were correct then.
Pure Dex is out, and pure strength is probably better than strength/dex unless one does not go RT, in which dex obviously facilitates a crit build.
Eh, worth a try, I guess.
Kinda sad for the staff actually. Chieftain's a good choice, anyways.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
hi, you maybe could be interrested by this old theorycraft

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1660879
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
I did my fair share of pillar builds as in the past I dropped one early in I think 3 leagues in a row.
I've calculated that Crit is only really worth it going level 70+.
Which nowadays I could, but in the past never did.
I think I'd prefer rare gloves with Strength and +phys, or even + acc in case of crit, over Meginords.

Currently a very expensive build, though, and I've done enough of those pre-Ascendancy I have no desire to do it again unless I drop an Abyssus.
Weight of the Empire is a good idea, yet somehow I have a feeling EQ would still be more damage.
Funnily enough, all my past Pillar builds were duelist, but I think if I did that again I'd go chieftain.
Zaanus:

___

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info