exalted orbs

What happened to exalted orbs? In HCP they are dropping in price by the day.
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2016, 4:27:31 PM
Ah, that, someone found an old pre-cataclysm vault so the market overflooded, it will bonce back.

Good old market manipulation most likely, happened in last league too, exalts held 60-70c for the first month and then sunk to 20 in a matter of days.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Ah, that, someone found an old pre-cataclysm vault so the market overflooded, it will bonce back.

Good old market manipulation most likely, happened in last league too, exalts held 60-70c for the first month and then sunk to 20 in a matter of days.

It wasn't market manipulation, it was possible to both buy exalts and sell them at the lowered prices until the league ended.

It did happen last league too, but it was towards the league's end. I think it's connected to less and less players being active in the league. Might be a sign of the league dying, which wouldn't be surprising to me given the new uber lab and trials, the crashes and technical problems and the increased monster spike damage. Hell, that's the first HC league in a long time I'm not going to even start in.

This is purely speculation and I might be wrong.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 23, 2016, 10:20:02 AM
Well, it's still 70c to buy them now so must just be hardcore
"
Bars wrote:
It did happen last league too, but it was towards the league's end.

Nah, in softcore perandus it was around the time I was finished with my first char, probably a month or something into the league. It went down real sudden so I can't think of any other reason, nothing major happened in the league at the time and I don't see everyone finishing up with the league in the space of a few days and trying to buy exalts. I think it bounced back somewhat near the league end, to 40-50.

"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
It did happen last league too, but it was towards the league's end.

Nah, in softcore perandus it was around the time I was finished with my first char, probably a month or something into the league. It went down real sudden so I can't think of any other reason, nothing major happened in the league at the time and I don't see everyone finishing up with the league in the space of a few days and trying to buy exalts. I think it bounced back somewhat near the league end, to 40-50.

I was in PHC at the time and exalt prices kept normal for another 3-4 weeks, and then they crashed with about 4-5 weeks of the league remaining and never bounced back.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Yeah, players leaving the league could be the reason at that time but this is way too early, and in perandus softcore crashed first, now it's the opposite.

One thing that comes to mind is that HCP population might be lower this time so the market is less stable?

"
raics wrote:
Yeah, players leaving the league could be the reason at that time but this is way too early, and in perandus softcore crashed first, now it's the opposite.

One thing that comes to mind is that HCP population might be lower this time so the market is less stable?

That was my point in the first place :P Can't be sure though, not even playing there.
Lack of sink maybe. Asecendacy made elron rings rather useless to multi mod. The leech rate is pathetic on vorici mod so I'm not sure anyone does that...they need eternals again. Add cast and attack speed to elrons bench for 3ex. stuff like that.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2016, 11:06:51 AM
"
Bars wrote:
That was my point in the first place :P Can't be sure though, not even playing there.

Shit, didn't think it was so bad the market can't sustain itself anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info