Is this how PoE Players give back When offered kindness?

So was doing a Tier 7 Twinned Map found the last one and looted everything of worth. Figured I'd share the Sub-Challenge to someone since I have 2 Portals left. I don't know if it mattered if he said "SRS Ok" I said yes since from past experience that doesn't normally log you out from all the stuff happening on-screen. I invite the player in and you know what happens... I get disconnected. I log back in and use the last portal. Check that they killed the last monster and ran away. This is how you reward kindness in Path of Exile huh. This wouldn't have happened IMO if we could disable other players MTXes as the other player had a crapton of Solaris Armor Sets and 2 pets. What I learned from this? Being generous and helpful to other people screws you over.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Jun 23, 2016, 8:54:38 AM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2016, 9:55:13 PM
I play with a friend who's also doing SRS and it regularly makes my frames go down to way under 1 per second, sometimes to a point that I disconnect.
However, this disconnect often happens after a lot of other stuff has happened. So chances are that the Spirits killed the boss before you were disconnected - and even if the player saw that you disconnected, what should he have done? Once cast, SRS go on until they expire.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
If they were using it Linked to a Weapon they could easily do a Weapon Swap to unsummon then. I guess i should have put the portal all way to the start so when she did pop in she wouldn't have killed it immediately. Still though I don't play often and it's taken me 3 days just to get a Tier 7-8 map so far.

This wouldn't have happened IMO if ALL the MTX effects were already preloaded to prevent a sudden influx of preloading again.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Jun 23, 2016, 12:50:22 AM
"
So was doing a Tier 7 Twinned Map found the last one and looted everything of worth. Figured I'd share the Sub-Challenge to someone since I have 2 Portals left. I don't know if it mattered if he said "SRS Ok" I said yes since from past experience that doesn't normally log you out from all the stuff happening on-screen. I invite the player in and you know what happens... I get disconnected. I log back in and use the last portal. Check that they killed the last monster and ran away. This is how you reward kindness in Path of Exile huh. This wouldn't have happened IMO if we could disable other players MTXes as the other player had a crapton of Solaris Armor Sets and 2 pets. What I learned from this? Being generous and helpful to other people screws you over.

Or maybe the dude was thinking that you had it done already, and you left? Dunno, assuming the worst is kind bad. :V

Also MTXes causing crashes is pretty dumb reason - if you are crashing from them, why the dude wearing them isn't? :V Yes, it can happen, but it sounds like you are blaming the dude for wearing the MTXes... lol.

Sorry for you loss, tho.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
He was the only person I saw wearing Solaris MTX so far on my session. If I would have disconnected it was because he was wearing assets I haven't preloaded yet that game.

I guess you haven't experienced getting disconnected from the game because there's too many players with MTX in Town so you have to attempt to log in 2-3 times before you actually start playing that session. It has happened before because a player I invited over was wearing plenty of MTX Effects. (Skull Auras, Full Gore Set,MTX Skills)

So I'd say its more or less to do with how the Game doesn't preload every MTX. It's not their fault probably but they could have tried waiting instead of rushing like Leeroy Jenkins on Raid Night.
It's a t7 map, what's the big deal. You're either nice and helpful for the sake of it or you aren't. You shouldn't be letting some random jerk discourage you.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 23, 2016, 2:00:20 AM
No good deed goes unpunished. Harsh but true with most people. They either take advantage of your kindness or resent you for being such a fool to have it.

I'm dont get taken advantage of because i put a man on deck 90% of the time. No free shit. no favors. unless its family..you know how that goes when mom starts calling that youre being too mean.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2016, 4:49:59 AM
Welcome to Path of Exile.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No good deed goes unpunished. Harsh but true with most people. They either take advantage of your kindness or resent you for being such a fool to have it.

I'm dont get taken advantage of because i put a man on deck 90% of the time. No free shit. no favors. unless its family..you know how that goes when mom starts calling that youre being too mean.

IMO you need to relax a little :) It's really just a game and they are really jut pixels. There are jerks - so what?

In my experience, people will mostly be nice and thankful and sometimes you will get your kindness repaid tenfold.

Last time it happened to me was when I made a small discount to someone (like 5 to 3 chaos) and they gave me 14 necropolis maps for free.

Anyways, even if your kindness is never repaid, it's not really kindness if you expect something in return.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Well I guess I did sort of got compensated after it. After missing that I was able to get a Tabula Rasa, 20 6 Socket Items (So 70 Jeweller Orbs) and an Unidentified Graveyard Map. Shared that one again and this time we both got it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info