Drillneck and powerful precision - update

Drillneck enhances projectile damage based on pierce chance.

Powerful precision adds pierce chance that is dynamic, based on distance projectile travelled.

In a character with ZERO tooltip pierce chance (no pierce cluster from passive tree, and no pierce support gem), does Drillneck's damage bonus still work at close range?

Vipermagi confirmed this in another post, but I really would like official GGG confirmation on this mechanic. The bonus certainly does not show up on the character tooltip as it is a dynamic process. But, I just want to doublecheck this interaction with GGG.

🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2016, 2:41:08 PM
If you want GGG responses on mechanics questions, it's now best to use the stickied thread. That said, search it first because Mark has already addressed this question in this post:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Atimar549 wrote:
I'm deciding on the ranger class, using a Drillneck for the pierce bonus damage. But the problem is that I'm unsure if the Ranger Deadeye passive interacts with Drillneck.
It does.
"
Atimar549 wrote:
is it dynamic? Such as reducing total damage as the projectile travels and loses pierce chance?
Of course. The projectile loses pierce chance, so anything calculated based on that pierce chance also changes.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jun 22, 2016, 3:51:45 PM
thanks viper
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
What if the projectile you're firing isn't an arrow, but was generated by said arrow, such as with CoC. Is the subsequent spell projectile damage calculated from the pierce chance of the arrow where it was generated?
What if the projectile you're firing isn't an arrow, but was generated by said arrow, such as with CoC. Is the subsequent spell projectile damage calculated from the pierce chance of the arrow where it was generated?

No, it's an entirely new calculation.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Have another question regarding this.

Powerful precision says:
"Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance"

1. If I slot in PIERCE gem and look at my character sheet skill, it does increase the crit chance.
2. Does it increase crit chance even without a pierce gem, but just doesn't show this on tooltip? (since when arrow starts traveling = 100% pierce = inc crit?)
"
forzazx6 wrote:

2. Does it increase crit chance even without a pierce gem, but just doesn't show this on tooltip? (since when arrow starts traveling = 100% pierce = inc crit?)

Yes, that's right, the tooltip can't predict how much distance will be traveled before the Hit occurs, so it just ignores it.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:

Yes, that's right, the tooltip can't predict how much distance will be traveled before the Hit occurs, so it just ignores it.

I absolutely love how this is the tooltip's philosophy :)

I wonder how it would cope with real life situations:

"
Tooltip wrote:
I can't tell for sure how many people will come to the wedding. 50 people have RSVPed, but 100 invitations were sent out. So I've decided to cater for 0 people to come.

"
Tooltip wrote:
The cashier asked me how many bags I wanted. I didn't know what to say! So I just scooped up all the groceries into my arms and ran for it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:

I absolutely love how this is the tooltip's philosophy :)

I wonder how it would cope with real life situations:

"
Tooltip wrote:
I can't tell for sure how many people will come to the wedding. 50 people have RSVPed, but 100 invitations were sent out. So I've decided to cater for 0 people to come.
Wouldn't the tooltip say "...since my estimate can only be right 2% of the time, I'll not tell you how many people I'm catering for but I'll just bring the right amount of food at the time of the event."?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Tooltip wrote:
Wouldn't the tooltip say "...since my estimate can only be right 2% of the time, I'll not tell you how many people I'm catering for but I'll just bring the right amount of food at the time of the event."?

If the tooltip said it couldn't calculate the damage, then that would be like your scenario. Instead, the tooltip does calculate the damage for you; except for varaible amounts. Instead of assuming an average, it instead assumes the variable or conditional amounts are all zero.

Also, the tooltip doesn't actually do the catering. And the catering company hides how much food they brought, so you have to be anxious for the whole event in case it runs out.
Perhaps the tooltip is more like an unhelpful sales clerk, who won't tell you the answer to the information you need to know, and instead gives you a bunch of generic brochures. So you just have to trust that it will all work out OK.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 22, 2016, 2:44:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info